Phantoms Phorever. PRE-ORDER & REVEAL Trailer

IronMike

48 minutes ago, LcSummers said:

Pre-ordered!

Thank you guys, i love your work.

Thank you for your purchase!

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Holy Sh*t...This looks phenomenal...

Edited by Buzz313th
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

Am 30.10.2023 um 04:14 schrieb IronMike:
Am 30.10.2023 um 03:46 schrieb Lionel Mandrake:

Thanks Mike, I was hoping for a quick breakdown of what the DCSG/DMAS actually are and what features they add. Cheers 👍

I'll put together a more elaborate answer for you tomorrow.

@IronMike Would you mind elaborating on the different versions and what the differences between the DCSG/DMAS flavours are? I could not really find a comprehensive explanation on the net.

Many thx in advance!

Edited by ChrisKermit
  • Like 2

No offence but still waiting for the A-6 Intruder.

I bought the Tomcat because A-6 was supposed to be an item . 

That came with the F14 . I paid full price years back . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I have watched the release vid several times now since Sunday and the more impressed I am the more I see. I have ALWAYS wanted an F-4 since I first started playing flight sims back in the late 80's. I grew up around the F-4 as a kid in the 1970's and early 80's on MacDill AFB where the 56th Tactical Fighter Wing trained Phantom pilots and it was then I fell in love with that aircraft. I had always dreamed that flightsims would advanced to where they are now and I do believe that this Phantom module must be the very tip of the spear at this point. I ordered it 2 minutes into the video premier on Sunday and I cannot wait to be able to jump into it when it is finally released. I am glad it was HB that took on the job of creating the Phantom as the F-14 is a phenomenal mod and the F-4 looks to even surpass that....

Well you can't "transfer" modules from Steam to Standalone anymore. This change happend several years ago.
You can link (and unlink) your Steam account to Standalone version, to decide whether to use one of them at a time. AFAIK there is a certain delay of time for the link and/or unlink process but don't know the details.
There's only a delay if you bind your Steam account to another ED account. If you always use the same ED account, it's instant. Unless they changed something recently!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

On 11/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, bfr said:

Meh. I've stuck an F-15SE on a carrier and even got it back off again. OK, the pilot blacked out on touchdown, the nose gear had 'issues' afterwards and I had no payload and a thimble of fuel in it, but it had to be tried.

Besides, regardless of what you do with it, it's exactly the same piece of software running the exact same simulation for everyone. How can anyone care what each finds entertaining to do with it? 🤔

Funny how the same topic comes up on every new release of a non-naval airplane.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 10:49 PM, RaisedByWolves said:

It has a tail hooker.

it is always good to have a hooker next to you when you need one

• Like 5

Aircrafts: F-4E, F-14 A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000-C, AV-8B, A-10C II, A-4E-C, F4, AJS-37, SU-33, FC3, MIG-21, L-39, P-51D, FW 190 A-8, C-101, BF 109-K + some mods 😎

Maps & Packs: South Atlantic, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, Marianas, Nevada, Caucassus, Normandy

System: W11Pro, i9 12900k 3.2Ghz, 64GB Ram DDR5, NVidia RTX4090 24GB, 3x27" Gbyte FI27Q + Samsung 22" T-35F

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS (Trottle & F16 stick), Logitech FR Pedals, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

17 hours ago, ChrisKermit said:

@IronMike Would you mind elaborating on the different versions and what the differences between the DCSG/DMAS flavours are? I could not really find a comprehensive explanation on the net.

Many thx in advance!

My apologies. I almost forgot.

The DSCG, the digital scan converter group was an upgrade from the so called DVST (direct view storage tube). The DVST was an older TV screen that could only display radar information. With the DSCG upgrade the F-4E could then display more than just a radar image, like TV imagery from the Mavericks or the Pave Spike.

The then later following DMAS upgrade, the digital modular avionics system, was an upgrade to the avionics and how they interact with each other, or integrate with each other, and it allowed the F-4E to carry newer equipment like a new INS, a datalink pod for the GBU15, etc..

So one was an upgrade to allow for more versatile displays, while the other allowed for more advanced avionics and system integration. Hope that makes sense. (And I am sure there are many here who can explain it far better than me.)

16 hours ago, KoN said:

No offence but still waiting for the A-6 Intruder.

I bought the Tomcat because A-6 was supposed to be an item . 

That came with the F14 . I paid full price years back . 

None taken. We did not forget. And we ofc want to take it one step further by making it flyable.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

hello ironmike, a question, of the features and functions of the f4, of which i understand some would be implemented to the f-14, i would like to know which would be these and how it will be implemented, for example along with the release of the f4 will update the f-14, or comes in a separate package, thank you very much

Just wondering, I know people are asking about other versions of the F-4 like navy or RAF versions (I would kill for an RAF K or M) but will it be possible at some point to give us the upgraded F-4Es such as the F-4F ICE, the Kurnass, Peace Icarus and the Terminator 2020 to let us fling some AMRAAMs from our Phantoms?

Edited by The_Chugster

Phoreign Phantom's speaking :

It's a Royal Navy F-4K (or FG.1 if you will), for the corner table here, please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

@IronMike if you have the time, I have a behind the scenes question. What impact did the release of 2.9 have to the F-4? Did ED let you know that it was coming, and you could plan for it or was it just released and then you had to deal with the changes. Thank you to everyone at Heatblur, it looks amazing! 

null

image.jpeg

Edited by t_hedlund
Added a picture of the phantom.

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

So hey everyone! Super, super excited about the F4E Phantom finally on Pre-order! I had a question/ request, is there any pictures of the rear cockpit? I thought I saw one a while ago but can’t seem to locate. Could someone post a link or a pic of it? I’s appreciate it! Thank you!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ebphoto said:

So hey everyone! Super, super excited about the F4E Phantom finally on Pre-order! I had a question/ request, is there any pictures of the rear cockpit? I thought I saw one a while ago but can’t seem to locate. Could someone post a link or a pic of it? I’s appreciate it! Thank you!!

We have not shared any yet. We will share them soon. 🙂

14 hours ago, t_hedlund said:

@IronMike if you have the time, I have a behind the scenes question. What impact did the release of 2.9 have to the F-4? Did ED let you know that it was coming, and you could plan for it or was it just released and then you had to deal with the changes. Thank you to everyone at Heatblur, it looks amazing! 

null

image.jpeg

We have internal developer version of DCS and work simulatenously on the latest version before it releases to open beta. It would not work otherwise at all, as each patch would potentially break every module like that. All modules get built against the version you guys will get, before you get it, and tested, if they work, etc.

For a good while now the F-4 has been developed on 2.9 and upwards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Oh! Okay no problem. Just very curios how it will look. Hey on a different note, how are you guys planning on doing the WSO in the A6? Everything ive read about and heard from say they flew with their head down in the scope for almost the whole flight! That will be interesting to see how you guys are going to implement that? Thanks for the reply!

Edited by Ebphoto