Phantoms Phorever. PRE-ORDER & REVEAL Trailer

IronMike

Question:  were all the scenes in the trailer in-game? I couldn't tell!  (that's a good thing). But I wanted to get confirmation so I could tell my retired air force friend that.
Obviously there was no real footage if that's what you mean. But of course there are filters, postprocessing etc. applied.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Short question about the "pre order".

I pay, then i get a confirmation via email and this Moule will get activated automatically, when early access starts ?

There is 1 sentence at their homepage which confuses me, because the translation of "redeemable" into german has at least 2 different meanings, but one is almost the opposite of the other one.;

"Please note that the DCS: F-4 Phantom license key will only be redeemable at the time of Early Access launch."

2 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

JUNGLE….!?!

or just small islands???

There's no SEA map in production yet if that's what you mean.  A lot can be done to make the Marianas look like that though.  Bits of Syria too.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

23 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Short question about the "pre order".

I pay, then i get a confirmation via email and this Moule will get activated automatically, when early access starts ?

There is 1 sentence at their homepage which confuses me, because the translation of "redeemable" into german has at least 2 different meanings, but one is almost the opposite of the other one.;

"Please note that the DCS: F-4 Phantom license key will only be redeemable at the time of Early Access launch."

Redeem in this context means "Einlösen". Oder anders ausgedrückt: Kann erst mit Early-Access-Release aktiviert/benutzt werden.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Hiob:

Redeem in this context means "Einlösen". Oder anders ausgedrückt: Kann erst mir Early-Access-Release aktiviert/benutzt werden.

Wozu hat man einen Hiob 🙂

Wäre auch das naheliegendste gewesen, war nur etwas irritiert, weil das ja eigentlich jedem eh klar hätte sein sollen.

36 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

JUNGLE….!?!

or just small islands???

Either some very tight editing with current Marinas. Or Heatblur got some access to the ww2 Marinas. Which while still small islands. Has more jungle and far less modern building and buildings in general.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

34 минуты назад, Mike Force Team сказал:

@IronMike  How about adding some MIGs or SUs (Russian jets) that are not currently offered in ED?  Can you offer the F-111?  Any rotary?

Mike Force Team

We have just about all the remotely relevant Soviet fighter jets up to 4th gen already in or on their way, and yes, they're all MiGs (Sukhoi was only making strike bombers back then). I guess we just have to sit and wait at this point. An F-111 would be very nice though. And hopefully the Su-24 comes along at some point, because in the A-G department it's as close to F-4 and F-111 as you can get.

• Like 1

All the aircraft systems are independently simulated and they work in sync? That is just mind blowing. 

How about the in-cockpit manual, both in 2d and VR? That is a Read-while-you-take-a-ride fun.

The F4. Looks phenomenal. 

Thank you Heatblur for raising the bar in dcs.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

1 hour ago, WarbossPetross said:

We have just about all the remotely relevant Soviet fighter jets up to 4th gen already in or on their way, and yes, they're all MiGs (Sukhoi was only making strike bombers back then). I guess we just have to sit and wait at this point. An F-111 would be very nice though. And hopefully the Su-24 comes along at some point, because in the A-G department it's as close to F-4 and F-111 as you can get.

Su-15 would like to have a word.Both in regards to being on the way and to Sukhoi producing only bombers „back then“.

Now back to F-4 topic.

I continue to tell my friends that HB is the best in the DCS space and the F-4E is looking to reinforce that opinion.  You guys set the bar so damn high.  It may take longer to get out a module, but if history is any indication, HB always makes it worth it.

Even for an aircraft that I'm only modestly interested in, there's a lot to be excited about here.  I'm going to shoutout the ability to use a hotkey and click a button in the cockpit to get more information on that system in the manual.  It isn't the sexiest "feature" but as a technical writer and a user of these complex modules I can't help but be excited about this.  

I eagerly await the release, HB.  Great job setting a new bar.  

53 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

This looks amazing. My wife is going to kill me though if I pre-order. Unfortunately I might be waiting until after Christmas. 

Pre-order, she'll find another reason to kill you anyway (as my four ex wives did "back in the day"). My two cents...

Edited by HAL_9000_PsycoPC
  • Like 3

Aircrafts: F-4E, F-14 A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000-C, AV-8B, A-10C II, A-4E-C, F4, AJS-37, SU-33, FC3, MIG-21, L-39, P-51D, FW 190 A-8, C-101, BF 109-K + some mods 😎

Maps & Packs: South Atlantic, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, Marianas, Nevada, Caucassus, Normandy

System: W11Pro, i9 12900k 3.2Ghz, 64GB Ram DDR5, NVidia RTX4090 24GB, 3x27" Gbyte FI27Q + Samsung 22" T-35F

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS (Trottle & F16 stick), Logitech FR Pedals, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

The elephant in the room still hasn't been addressed.  Ok, every rivet is in the right place.  We can program Jester to be a fourteen year old squeaking TickTock influencer, systems are modeled down to the Amphenol pin crimp, and mustaches have a configurable amount of silver in them.

But what really matters is whether or not the wallpaper is going to be better than the F-14's, because let's face it, the F-14 has horrific wallpaper.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Raisuli said:

the F-14 has horrific wallpaper.

indeed

Aircrafts: F-4E, F-14 A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000-C, AV-8B, A-10C II, A-4E-C, F4, AJS-37, SU-33, FC3, MIG-21, L-39, P-51D, FW 190 A-8, C-101, BF 109-K + some mods 😎

Maps & Packs: South Atlantic, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, Marianas, Nevada, Caucassus, Normandy

System: W11Pro, i9 12900k 3.2Ghz, 64GB Ram DDR5, NVidia RTX4090 24GB, 3x27" Gbyte FI27Q + Samsung 22" T-35F

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS (Trottle & F16 stick), Logitech FR Pedals, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

3 hours ago, Snappy said:

Su-15 would like to have a word.Both in regards to being on the way and to Sukhoi producing only bombers „back then“.

Now back to F-4 topic.

Everyone forgets the Fishpot 😞

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!