First In, Last Out! F-4E Wild Weasel Trailer and Manual release!

IronMike

6 hours ago, Zabuzard said:

Our benchmark is the Tomcat, we aim for a similar performance.

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but will that option be dependant on the scalability of the multithread client? As in: will people who have processors with (very) high core count (12-16 and more) see a higher benefit, or doesn't it matter?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

11 minutes ago, dsc106 said:

Tried to preorder on steam, not possible. When will the Steam pre order be live? 

Steam won’t put up a pre order until a release date is announced, check back when they set a date, I’m patiently waiting too. 

Based on the two videos recently released, the developers are focusing on making the pilots as lifelike as possible.  When I see they focus on small details like pilots who blink, I believe they devoted time and resources in other parts not publicized. I know the naval F-4 will be available at a future.  

In my opinion, they are using a human center designed approach.

Mike Force Team 

Edited by Mike Force Team

11 hours ago, washedupgrunt said:

Pre ordered today, can’t wait. Thank you Heatblur for the module and releasing the manual early. Another humbling module for non pilots like me but I’ll have fun trying.

Still not out on Steam, but I guess we're nearing the finish line. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Still not out on Steam, but I guess we're nearing the finish line. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly.

We require a fixed release date for the steam pre-order, which is why we have the coming soon placeholder currently. Heatblur Simulations is working with Eagle Dynamics SA to refine a date, when we have news we will share it.

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We require a fixed release date for the steam pre-order, which is why we have the coming soon placeholder currently. Heatblur Simulations is working with Eagle Dynamics SA to refine a date, when we have news we will share it.

thanks

No sweat. But that placeholder is such a tease. :smoke:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 hours ago, Omega417 said:

Did anyone else see the AI A-6? at 1:05?

Nope.  I saw a custom made representation of a map kind of like a 3D tacview.  There was a group labeled "A-6", but that part of the video isn't made with DCS and the actual unit never made an appearance so I don't count it.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

59 minutes ago, Stackup said:

Nope.  I saw a custom made representation of a map kind of like a 3D tacview.  There was a group labeled "A-6", but that part of the video isn't made with DCS and the actual unit never made an appearance so I don't count it.

Ok negative Nancy, ill go be excited over A6 somewhere else.

On 1/27/2024 at 2:34 AM, Dallenbach said:

You're right, but I often read manuals as bedtime reading. It calms me down when I go to sleep and is also supposed to improve my memory. 😉

The 'Next' button is aggravating.  So much less carpel tunnel from scrolling.

1 hour ago, Omega417 said:

Ok negative Nancy, ill go be excited over A6 somewhere else.

I'm very excited about the A-6 too, but we just didn't see it here, we saw a label.  2024 and Beyond had a couple of great shots in it and I believe that the AI will either release with the F-4E or in the next patch after it.  

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 1/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, Japo32 said:

Thanks, but it seems there will be some or a campaign for the F4 as it is announced in the F4 product. I suppose it will be in Chernarus..... again. (as is the only map all people have). I suppose better than Marianas

Ya, this is one of the most unfortunate things about the DCS business model. The F-14 was kinda doable because it's carrier based. However, I know my ability to suspend disbelief simply isn't good enough to enjoy an F-4 campaign in the Georgian republic. It was the same for the Viggen. :sad_2:

I'd actually prefer something in the Marianas ... somehow 🤔... maybe a training campaign ...

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

9 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Ya, this is one of the most unfortunate things about the DCS business model. The F-14 was kinda doable because it's carrier based. However, I know my ability to suspend disbelief simply isn't good enough to enjoy an F-4 campaign in the Georgian republic. It was the same for the Viggen. :sad_2:

I'd actually prefer something in the Marianas ... somehow 🤔... maybe a training campaign ...

If the New Iraq map has enough of Iran. I would love an F4 Iran campaign. They did a lot of daring stuff with their F4s.

You might also pretend it's a luftwaffe F4 and use it in a cold war what if on the Kola map. 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

With thousands of F-4s flown by many nations, there’s no shortage of “legit” theaters.

In addition to the forthcoming Iraq map (both Iran and Coalition/US), there’s Sinai (IDF/AF and Egypt in the 1980s, Syria (Turkish F-4s have flown sorties) , Persian Gulf (also Iran), and of course Nevada (Red Flag for U.S. and allied F-4 operators, plus Weapons School and so on).  

26 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

With thousands of F-4s flown by many nations, there’s no shortage of “legit” theaters.

In addition to the forthcoming Iraq map (both Iran and Coalition/US), there’s Sinai (IDF/AF and Egypt in the 1980s, Syria (Turkish F-4s have flown sorties) , Persian Gulf (also Iran), and of course Nevada (Red Flag for U.S. and allied F-4 operators, plus Weapons School and so on).  

American F4(apparently D models)

Flying in Norway.

Perfect for either training exercises or what if scenarios on the Kola map

1024px-US_F4_Phantom_and_Norwegian_F5_Freedom_Fighter.jpg

F-4_Phantom_II_at_Sola_Air_Station.JPEG.jpeg

an-air-to-air-left-side-view-of-an-f-4-phantom-ii-foreground-and-a-norwegian-77351c-1024.jpg

A few years later when up upgraded to F16

F-4E_New_Jersey_ANG_with_Norwegian_F-16B_1989.JPEG.jpeg

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.