MiG-29A Fulcrum - Announcement

• ED Team

MiG-29A Fulcrum

Announcement

It is with great excitement that we officially announce DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum. This remarkable, Soviet Union-era fighter will be a full-fidelity module based on a photogrammetry cockpit of the exported variant supplied to the Warsaw Pact countries. The MiG-29A will be by far the most authentic and accurate simulation of this iconic aircraft for the PC. 

MiG-29A Fulcrum

Our MiG-29A, NATO codename Fulcrum, will be the export modification of the “A” version that was supplied to Warsaw Pact countries. The MiG-29A was designed to counter all types of aerial targets with radar- and infrared-guided R-27, R-73, and R-60 air-to-air missiles and its single-barreled 30mm cannon with 150 rounds of ammunition. The MiG-29A also has limited visual ground attack capability with 50 to 500 kg bombs, cluster bombs, and unguided S-5, S-8 and S-24 rockets.

The MiG-29A can operate day or night and in all weather conditions. Its radar is capable of look-down / shoot-down in a heavy electronic countermeasure environment. The weapons control system consists of two complexes: the Fire Control Radar (FCR) and the Optical-Electronic Targeting Navigation System (OETNS). The OETNS includes an optical-electronic sighting system (OESS), a navigation system, a weapon control system, a unified display system, and multifunctional control panels. The OEPS includes an optical location station OLS that consists of an Infrared Search and Track System (IRST), a Laser Range Finder (LRF), and a Helmet-Mounted Sight (HMS) designation system.

The MiG-29 is equipped with the SPO-15 “Beryoza” Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) defence system that is designed to warn of radar-directed weapon attacks. To protect against infrared-guided weapons, the MiG-29A features flare dispensers.

The navigation system consists of on-board navigation equipment, a vertical and heading information complex, and an airborne signal system as part of the Optical-Electronic Targeting Navigation System (OETNS).

MiG-29A Fulcrum

Key features of the DCS module: MiG-29A Fulcrum

At Early Access Release:

• Fully interactive and highly detailed cockpit that is based on 3D laser scanning and photogrammetry.
  • Highly detailed and accurately reproduced external model.
  • Highly detailed pilot model.
  • In-depth study of aircraft systems and equipment.
  • Detailed model of the navigation system with the gyro platform reference system, air data computer, and navigation equipment.
  • Defensive equipment to include the SPO-15LM “Beryoza” and Flare dispenser system.
  • Fire Control Radar with authentic modes for aerial targets.
  • OETNS with modes for air and ground targets.
  • Basic IFF

At Final Release: 

Info on the PFM used from the FC3 version:
Full-fidelity MiG-29 will use the same flight model. Actually, that’s not 100% accurate. The autopilot will receive new functionality and modes, and certain issues with closed-loop system stability will be corrected, along with new undercarriage characteristics. But the core FM is probably one of the most accurate we have.

IFF Info:
On release of the MiG-29A, it will include a basic IFF system, later on after some RnD we will create a more advanced IFF system. This was the plan from the start, it was just lost in drawing up the newsletter, we apologize for any concerns it might have caused. Thanks!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Some good news about IFF from the team:

IFF Info:
On the release of the MiG-29A, it will include a basic IFF system, later on after some RnD we will create a more advanced IFF system. This was the plan from the start, it was just lost in drawing up the newsletter, we apologize for any concerns it might have caused. Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

vor 5 Stunden schrieb 1stBEAST:

research and development

Ah, thx

I still have one question about this: What about a manual? Is there something like the Mi-24 or is it like the F-16/FA-18/Apache that the manual is constantly being expanded?

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

15 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

Ah, thx

I still have one question about this: What about a manual? Is there something like the Mi-24 or is it like the F-16/FA-18/Apache that the manual is constantly being expanded?

Mig-29A has a High Fidelity module, no the FC-3 module, that has a propper Mig-29A module manual.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:09 AM, BIGNEWY said:

…The MiG-29A was designed to counter all types of aerial targets with radar- and infrared-guided R-27…air-to-air missiles…

Out of curiosity, should we take this to mean that it will not carry the ER variants of this missile?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

R&T only i think, P.S So glad the flight model is the same as the FC3 variant that should pipe down some of the community with there whining. On that note, What parts are missing for an SU27 atleast then if the flight model would be similar, Im guessing other systems like radar etc? 

• Like 3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Silver_Dragon:

Mig-29A has a High Fidelity module, no the FC-3 module, that has a propper Mig-29A module manual.

'Aha, absolutely meaningless.

• Like 3

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Is this going to be the exact model that we already have? Or will it be a slightly different version?

Would there be any possibility of the slightly upgraded NATO variations of MIG-29As that were in service in the mid 2000s at a later date? Some examples below. The Mirage F1 module has many sub-variants, which is why I was wondering if we'll see other variations of the MIG-29A or if just the circa 1980s variant.

maxresdefault.jpg

1*_EnmS2mvTOqV8ipyxA5DOA.jpeg

• Like 1

One question that I may have missed but ED haven't mentioned any remodeling of the engines?  I obviously stand to be corrected but I would have imagined the current engine modelling would require a lot of new work for a high fidelity version?

13 hours ago, richskinns said:

One question that I may have missed but ED haven't mentioned any remodeling of the engines?  I obviously stand to be corrected but I would have imagined the current engine modelling would require a lot of new work for a high fidelity version?

Like what? The engines have a pretty detailed model. There might be some engine emergency controls that might need to be added, but that’s all I can think of. Would be interesting to model the power changing switch as a ME option 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It depends on the particular operator, but the very first F-16As were in service with the USAF and first European clients in 1979-1980. MiG-29s entered service with the Soviets in 1983 and export customers started receiving the plane in the end of the 80s and early 90s. The Eagle is older, by the time the MiGs started appearing, F-15Cs were already a few years old.

• Thanks 1

Su-27S would be great, although note that the aircraft hasn't changed that much since, the early variant is still in service in Russia. It might be possible, but it's much less prolific than MiG-29A. 

Early F-15C (the A model came earlier) and F-16A would be great for the 80s and 90s Cold War. Incidentally, they've both been very popular in old school flight sims. IMO, those were probably the best years of combat aviation, with a large variety of iconic planes, advanced avionics but not completely a flying computer, and limited Fox 3 combat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 4:27 PM, 1987kess said:

I will definitely go back to my Yak-52 and L-39 trainings to refresh all the redfor concepts 🙂

Nothing against this but tbh, you'd be better prepared flying current MiG-29A, esp. for combat and flying skills.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria