FC2024 | Kola Development Progress | Virtual Carrier Wing 17

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Minsky said:

@BIGNEWY @NineLine I have all the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft purchased separately. Will they be "upgraded" to their equivalents from the Flaming Cliffs 2024 bundle? Or, aside from the new title and three new jets, there is no functional difference between the FC3 and FC2024?

FC3 users will have an optional upgrade to FC2024 which includes 3 aircraft 

• F-5E for Flaming Cliffs 2024
  • F-86F for Flaming Cliffs 2024
  • MiG-15bis for Flaming Cliffs 2024

the aircraft you already own from flaming cliffs are the same as the ones that will be in the FC2024 bundle. 

hope that answers your question

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It has been commented that the new FC2024 will not be available on the ECW server, this is a shame... because it limits the use of the new added planes. ED should have its own servers for multiplayer, I would pay an annual fee for stable servers with different options for eras and different maps. For a truly consistent multiplayer experience.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

Very good question.

Actually, the newsletter doesn't mention if the Flaming Cliffs F-86, F-5E, and Mig-15 will get cockpit texture upgrades.  I would hope so.

• Like 2

• ED Team
Just now, IMGX said:

It has been commented that the new FC2024 will not be available on the ECW server, this is a shame... because it limits the use of the new added planes. ED should have its own servers for multiplayer, I would pay an annual fee for stable servers with different options for eras and different maps. For a truly consistent multiplayer experience.

Yes a shame, but it is up to the server owner what they want to use, I would make your views known to the server admin. 

thank you 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'd actually pay almost as much for an FC style module than a full-fidelity one - mainly because I want to enjoy the experience of flight, but I don't have the time to remember that many switches on more than a few aircraft. I'm fine with learning switchology and start-up procedures for my favourite plane - but I don't have the time for evertyhing - especially aircraft I'm not as much of a fan of... so I haven't bought several modules! I'm hoping more aircraft will get FC versions - as I'd definitely be willing to pay a lot more.

I also wonder if FC versions of some classified aircraft might be possible someday? Su-30 perhaps?

23 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

FC3 users will have an optional upgrade to FC2024 which includes 3 aircraft 

•  

If the idea is to add more aircraft in the future, will they be added to FC2024? Or will we have a FC 2025, or FC2024.1?

• Like 1

• ED Team

We have no other aircraft to announce other than what we have already for FC2024. 

I would love to see more in the future, but no news to share currently. 

• ED Team
Just now, primus_TR said:

@BIGNEWYWill FC2024 bring any other changes/improvements/bug fixes to FC3, other than the addition of 3 new aircraft?

We are always trying to squash bugs or make improvement, often its a matter of having free time. I have bumped some reports today for various FC aircraft and for the new additions. 

This morning I was choking we will see Kola map prepurchase in Friday newsletter !!!!! 🤣

And now it‘s even better. Early access release next Friday!!!!!!!🤩😍

I‘m so excited!! Will be day one purchase for me!

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

43 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We are always trying to squash bugs or make improvement, often its a matter of having free time. I have bumped some reports today for various FC aircraft and for the new additions. 

Any word if the fusing system in loadouts will extend to the FC aircraft? One of the issues with the A-10A and Su-25 (etc.) is that we have to use default release altitudes for cluster bombs... when we should be able to at least adjust them on the ground. The same goes for the KMGU I believe? Shouldn't we be able to set the release interval?

49 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have no other aircraft to announce other than what we have already for FC2024. 

I would love to see more in the future, but no news to share currently. 

I'm just glad that MAC won't be an arcade game and that FC is getting some continued support. I think there is potentially a large customer base for fidelity without the cold-start circuit breaker level of detail (which is great, but not as accessible, and not always what one is in the mood for). I also like the idea of possibly being able to get some aircraft which are too classified or are missing documents for full fidelity (e.g. later Sea Harriers as a good example)... so it is nice to see the possibility being at least open.

1 hour ago, IMGX said:

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Yes a shame, but it is up to the server owner what they want to use, I would make your views known to the server admin. 

thank you 

Complain to ED that they need to make faster / actual movement on a slotting system; and not be reliant on what the mission maker has to build.

It's not "our" - the mission maker's, fault that the airfields have limited numbers of parking areas.

It's ED's fault for not allowing us to choose from an assortment of aircraft, and load into a nearest - open parking area.

This is a core feature that's been asked for a multitude of times; and with the growth and multitude of  third party aircraft, and those that are of multiple variances.... means those have to be considered.

Want a multiplayer mission that allows the F14? Someone wants to fly the -A? Someone wants to fly the IRIAF?

Now you need 3 airframes, consisting of however many people you want to accept to be able to fly; which could end up being 12+ slots... which is already more than the carrier... soooooo

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

Want a multiplayer mission that allows the F14? Someone wants to fly the -A? Someone wants to fly the IRIAF?

Now you need 3 airframes, consisting of however many people you want to accept to be able to fly; which could end up being 12+ slots... which is already more than the carrier... soooooo

As much as a more advanced spawn system makes sense, the fixed slot system we have now isn't really out of place. Going to the other extreme where a player can slot anything anywhere could break missions. Just to use the example you provided, what is a IRIAF Tomcat doing on a carrier?

In any case have some curated form of advanced aircraft slot selection would be a very nice addition to have and it's relevant to any expansion of FC aircraft since it would be a shame to have to place separate slots for FC and FF versions of planes if a mission builder wants both.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team

dynamic spawn system has already been mentioned and in progress. 

Again regarding what server owners want to add to a mission, it is up to them

thank you 

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Folks the additions to FC2024 will be flaming cliffs level. 

Current full fidelity versions remain as they are, they will coexist. 

Do you know *how* exactly they'll coexist?  Will DCS/the mission editor see the FC and FF versions as separate types of units?  For instance, if I make a mission and want to allow both types, do I need to now put in, effectively, twice the number of client aircraft as I did before?

This seems rather clunky and begs the question:  When is the dynamic slot system coming?

• Like 2

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

I want to enjoy the experience of flight, but I don't have the time to remember that many switches on more than a few aircraft.

But having to remember arcane key-combinations is almost as taxing on my brain memory 🤔

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

But having to remember arcane key-combinations is almost as taxing on my brain memory 🤔

I share the sentiment. I prefer FF in part because it's easier than FC3, but everyone has different workflows that work for them. One thing I can say about FC3 is that if you like to jump between aircraft often it's nice to be able to use the exact same controls across many planes. In my opinion that's the biggest thing that FC3 offers.

• Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

10 minutes ago, Bucic said:

Is the F-5E going to have better cockpit and external 3D models than the standard FF DCS F-5E module?

There is a Facebook post with an F-86F cockpit.  Textures looked to be improved over what we have now.  I assume the same will be true for the others.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

I share the sentiment. I prefer FF in part because it's easier than FC3, but everyone has different workflows that work for them. One thing I can say about FC3 is that if you like to jump between aircraft often it's nice to be able to use the exact same controls across many planes. In my opinion that's the biggest thing that FC3 offers.

Same here. Also with F-5E being one of the most dad-friendly modules I can't imagine what you'd simplify further.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

Same.

As most aircraft of a faction share a similar cockpit layout/logic, I kind of find it easier to find the switch in the cockpit than memorize keyboard shortcuts.

But options are always good!

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"