THE MUSIC THREAD

asparagin

:thumbup: Well done

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Computergames have NO effect to children.

Or have you ever seen people which played Pacman in the 80s, running through dark rooms and eating Pills while listening to very repitative Music in the 90s?

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Inspired by PS979 post above, I just watched this entire performance:

This is truly amazing. The singing is sooo different from rock/pop/western music (including folklore), but the instrumental rhythms, beats and melodies are very familiar. This is very inspirational; it's hard not to imagine great Mongolian steppes when listening to this kind of music.

Whether it's Dead Kennedys, Lard, or his work with bands like the Melvins, I get a kick out of Jello Biafra.

Video is one of my dogs when he was younger.

Edited by sobek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Thanks, Yurgon and PS979. I liked the pieces of Elysium OST that used the throat singing motives the most, by the way.

I liked this part of the concerto the most

I spent another 30 minutes watching folk songs on YT and I've stumbled upon this one.

BCX8CzRy9Sk

I like the melody and it uses some instruments not used nowadays.

Trivia: It's a Polish war song from the times of partitions What is particularly interesting is that Polish military and patriotic songs usually are cheerful, with an idealized picture of war. This one is... has its weight, let's just say. Also, it's clearly of Eastern origin/influence. I mean, maybe contemporary Ukraine.

And some 'neo folk'

Hanggai @ Fuji Rock, Xiger Xiger

N0rAbzkj6Sc

Hanggai - Drinking Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczXbCLFXWE

fczXbCLFXWE

80's

CC Catch - Cause You Are Young

Couldn't find anything from 80's Mongolia ;)

Edited by Bucic

• 4 weeks later...

Well Today the wife had me do some spring cleaning and i came across my old turn-table and the Album that was on it was Yes's Close to the Edge and it still played like it was 1972 for those of you that have never heard it give it a go! Top 10 best Album ever:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Top 10 best Album ever:thumbup:

Not entirely my thing, but some passages are epic! I also listened through some more of their albums, great music! :thumbup:

And now for something completely different.

(Danke, Fefe).

Ok brace yourself party people. Do not panic. :D I was searching for a song that was stuck in my head for a good while and in the process found these guys.

2pUlNfdnsAM

This the song I was looking for, btw.

E2Oe5YKhzCE

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

[YOUTUBE]P3NedT8QSME[/Y OUTUBE]

Or have you ever seen people which played Pacman in the 80s, running through dark rooms and eating Pills while listening to very repitative Music in the 90s?

Nice! :thumbup:

Edited by Bucic

Nice! :thumbup:

Nihahhaaahaaaaaaaarrrr.

Here is

Another

one >>>>>>

<<<<<<<<

Godlike mixed by Christian Vogel.:D My favorite British DJ of those times.

Or Pierre absolutely fine awesome Techno DJ sadly he died in 2012 by an Asthma attack *RIP*

:music_whistling:

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I don't know, I was too off my head to notice....tongue.gif

Old punk, old skool and electro...

All this music is good.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Nihahhaaahaaaaaaaarrrr.

Here is

Another

one >>>>>>[YOUTUBE]kil5-hv-0gw[/YOUTU BE]<<<<<<<<

Godlike mixed by Christian Vogel.:D My favorite British DJ of those times.

Or Pierre absolutely fine awesome Techno DJ sadly he died in 2012 by an Asthma attack *RIP*

[YOUTUBE]VUiJVvolBco[/YOUTU BE]

:music_whistling:

This reminded me of 3SA. Let's hope your vids provide a smooth enough introduction to this :D

3 Steps Ahead - Paint it Black - Live

eDNzYPCM6KQ

Somehow I feel Peter (R.I.P.) would have felt in the Black Shark right at home. :cheer3nc:

here's one to take a moment out with...

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"