ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

Just some chill AAR proficiency training. :)

Click for full-res.

1Yeqavtl.jpg

Click for full-res.

af4EjsUl.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

The PlaneConst is fine as far as I can see.. besides the Different X Values.... (and the huge length values)

But either the right engine is being scaled up or the left is being scaled down.. as I can change the values to make the right engine correct, then the left engine becomes crazy small....

Left Engine also doesnt align with the EDM Based Blue (it also goes straight back and is not Centered).

I can Confirm the Model(EDM) Level Blue AB Effects if missing off the Main LOD.

I noticed with the pylon connectors the other night that the local scale of them in Max may affect the scale of what's attached to them in-game. Instead of scaling with view, I used local and the weapons attached to them in-game were massive. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I noticed with the pylon connectors the other night that the local scale of them in Max may affect the scale of what's attached to them in-game. Instead of scaling with view, I used local and the weapons attached to them in-game were massive. :D

HJ informed me, the AFTERBURN_004 connector got wrong name, it should be AFTERBURN_001

AFTERBURN_002 connector is ok - this caused different visual than the wrong connector

but if you rename wrong AFTERBURN_004 connector to AFTERBURN_001 it will fine after some tweaking in PlaneConst.lua

diffuser and main inlet ramp, landing light animation and navigation lights, afterburning texture visibility wrong too and differ from LOD1 - remember guys it's still beta

Tu-22M3.lua correct weapon/pylon with connector settings missing too (MQ-9 too)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Nice job Mustang, the problem that we have is the actual ''placement'' of the clouds...

They look like they are placed in same distances between each other. The distance between the clouds must be varied, together with their individual size.

Is there a file that I could experiment with? or is it hardcoded from LOMAC?

If we could also varied the hight of their appearance (+-100meters) that would bring more immersion in my opinion..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

looks more contrast on edited clouds - i like it :thumbup:

Very good idea. Subtle, but very nice improvement. :thumbup:

Cool i'll release what I've done so far soon it you wish to try it :)

Nice job Mustang, the problem that we have is the actual ''placement'' of the clouds...

They look like they are placed in same distances between each other. The distance between the clouds must be varied, together with their individual size.

Is there a file that I could experiment with? or is it hardcoded from LOMAC?

If we could also varied the hight of their appearance (+-100meters) that would bring more immersion in my opinion..

the files that are edited are cldDraw.fx (the cloud effect) and cldImp.fx (cloud 'imposter' which are all copies of the first cloud effect) both located in Bazar\shaders\clouds folder - they're modified the same way other shader files are in Notepad++ it takes some trial and error to find what lines control the overall effects of the clouds.

MLXRNKz.jpg

Edited by Mustang

=)

[ATTACH]87381[/ATTACH]

86u4.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

7ci8.jpg

iew5.jpg

a94t.jpg

5j27.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Break through tech in arresting wires :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=87520&stc=1&d=1378766665

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ALX2j.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

:surprise:

where did you get that one from? got more?

looks like there are some privileged users out there already enjoying playing with exclusive toys that goodness only knows when us, simple mortals, will ever have ... :doh:

No worries, It's Beczl's imported FC2 MiG-21Bis, it is not the DCS:W version. I'm not sure how he will feel about this though.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD