DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

Hello,Just an opinion from an avid FSX Flight Simulator user,The DCS Engine is far,far superior to FSX.I fly The A-10C and Black Shark half the time just for the enjoyment of their High Quality flight dynamics.

For me.The FSX game engine cannot give me a true sense of Air speed that DCS does,It seems that FSX "Tops-Out" at about 200kts and anything above that feels the same.

I do enjoy FSX because of some of The fantastic 3rd party developers such as A2A Simulations who are breaking boundaries in FSX and developing some high quality Warbirds{P-51D Coming soon!}

I really believe that The DCS P-51 will be a HUGE Success!! Many like me who Love The High Fidelity Flight Dynamics that ED/DCS provide can't wait to Swoop down at tree top level @250kts with that Big V-12 Merlin Screaming and bugs in our teeth and reallly.......FEEL...SPEED.....&FLIGHT!!!

Can't Wait!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,Just an opinion from an avid FSX Flight Simulator user,The DCS Engine is far,far superior to FSX.I fly The A-10C and Black Shark half the time just for the enjoyment of their High Quality flight dynamics.

For me.The FSX game engine cannot give me a true sense of Air speed that DCS does,It seems that FSX "Tops-Out" at about 200kts and anything above that feels the same.

I do enjoy FSX because of some of The fantastic 3rd party developers such as A2A Simulations who are breaking boundaries in FSX and developing some high quality Warbirds{P-51D Coming soon!}

I really believe that The DCS P-51 will be a HUGE Success!! Many like me who Love The High Fidelity Flight Dynamics that ED/DCS provide can't wait to Swoop down at tree top level @250kts with that Big V-12 Merlin Screaming and bugs in our teeth and reallly.......FEEL...SPEED.....&FLIGHT!!!

Can't Wait!!:thumbup:

TECHNICAL NOTES:

Armament: Six .50-cal. machine guns and 10 5-in. rockets or 2,000 lbs. of bombs

Engine: Packard-built Rolls-Royce Merlin V-1650 of 1,695 hp

Maximum speed: 437 mph

Cruising speed: 275 mph

Range: 1,000 miles

Ceiling: 41,900 ft.

Span: 37 ft.

Length: 32 ft. 3 in.

Height: 13 ft. 8 in.

Weight: 12,100 lbs. maximum

Serial number: 44-74936

You're wrong.

You're wrong again. But with enough reprogramming, it could be used for the engine management system in a Honda.

Yes, you did fizzle out, so actually, you were right for once.

Sorry but the reasons given in the announcement seem like an ill attempt to justify this course of action.

There are already WW2 flight sims that do what they do very well. I don't see how they think this will be a "new and unique warbird experience".

We decided to take our simulation of reality and turn it into a new alternate universe where you will be challenged to wrap your mind around A-10Cs dogfighting with P-51 Mustangs.

Look, we're trying to justify this engine to the military and needed to show its versatility, so we decided to use you all as our guinea pigs and make a few bucks at the same time cause you lot will buy anything.

Basically, we are going to do whatever the heck we please so just put up with some self-serving projects even it they don't really fit right.

KA, BOOOOOOM!!!

Wait, it's self-serving for ED to make the sim they want with the aircraft of their decision? Are you a shareholder in control of the majority of shares? Otherwise that's exactly what they are doing and have been doing since their first sim. Building what they want and what they think will sell. They have been self-serving since its how they choose to make a living.

If you don't want to buy the sim, that's your choice and there's nothing wrong to post how you disagree with the choice, but your language and attitude is over the top.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Shareholder....

good idea that... can I be one aswel..

ED do what they want and can.. If you don't like or want to P-51D Mustang then you do not need to buy it. Same with

DCS: Ka-50

DCS: A-10C

FC3

And that Combined Arms op thngy.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Next DCS project, price 59.99 Euros

Leonardo_Design_for_a_Flying_Machine%2C_c._1488.jpg Design_for_a_Flying_Machine.jpg

coming soon

flying legend and new supersim aircraft after that. Its gonna come like patch, 15$. The price is not to much, but in special STEAM action u get 2 supersimulated aircrafts for just 50$.

leptir%201%20.jpg

Sure, its a great news for ww2 aircraft fans.

But honestly, instead of flying legends, I would have preferred ED spend their time fixing current issues (especially MP issues).

And after all the announcements (legends, FC3, ComArms), I really miss any news regarding a DCS dedicated server version....

but hope dies last ;)

But honestly, instead of flying legends, I would have preferred ED spend their time fixing current issues (especially MP issues).

"ED" is not a single person...

Would you call a plumber to fix your IT stuff? - No!?

I think ED handles it very similar... and I'm sure the one that works at the FM isn't working at the net-code at the same time.

;)

For sure dude. The world is moving in such a good direction right now, pardon me if I don't follow it off a cliff.

Off a cliff? So dramatic? You're outlook is highly negative for something that really shouldn't make or break your day in such a profound way. Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly?

Try to enjoy the simple things mate...if not, then please allow those who do enjoy the simple things to enjoy them.

Try to enjoy the simple things mate...if not, then please allow those who do enjoy the simple things to enjoy them.

Aye - sometimes I wonder why people forget that for us, this is a mere Hobby.

For others, it's a livelihood: A wee bit of respect in acknowledgement of this very fact that it's another man's Bread and Butter, whatever your opinion might be on any given issue, might be a good idea prior to hitting the 'Submit Reply' tab. In any event, back to the issue at hand, the Curvaceous and Vivacious Miss Velma :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

...and I'm sure the one that works at the FM isn't working at the net-code at the same time.

;)

I am not so sure. :p

I guess the netcode guy must ensure that flying legends is compatible with DCS A10C/BS2. And so other issues could get lower priority. :)

^^ With the help of us Brits... *cough cough**

**Correct** That Rolls Royce V-12 Merlin didn't get in there by accident.I was suprised to learn that The Mustang originaly shipped of to England with a Allison Engine.But the crafty Brits wanted more HorsePower.....Enter "The Merlin":thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

...when we want start to guessing about such details - np...

here is mine:

thought ever about shipping "Flying Legends-P51d" with a improved net-code and patching BS2/A10c to it?! :P

No ?! -so better start thinking instead of guessing . :)

**Correct** That Rolls Royce V-12 Merlin didn't get in there by accident.I was suprised to learn that The Mustang originaly shipped of to England with a Allison Engine.But the crafty Brits wanted more HorsePower.....Enter "The Merlin":thumbup:

We didn't do it for the Horsepower. We did it for the awesome sound! :P

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

One of these days you need to develop a sense of taste... :D

I have a sense of taste. It's just it's so rubbish I find the warthog attractive. :P (Thought I'd be more original with the Smiley. :lol:)

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing