Can we pre-order this puppy?

nick10

Look, the preorder was not implemented in blackshark and a-10. however, an alpha or a beta (really must know the difference.. :( ) is an option.

Right now, ED is keeping a hush hush and in the QT regarding the Mustang. We have to ice our nerves a bit. I just received my platinum Lock On copy and will get on learning each aircraft from the 8 (a month of gameplay each to each aircraft will kill time, trust me...)

Currently, my favourite aircraft is the frogfoot (da da da - Old version)

I prefer to call it the Deshkvalized (weird) version.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Look, the preorder was not implemented in blackshark and a-10. however, an alpha or a beta (really must know the difference.. :( ) is an option.

Um A-10C was available for pre-order..... Just clarifying..

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

an alpha or a beta (really must know the difference.. :(

Alpha

160px-Alpha_uc_lc_svg.png

Beta

160px-Beta_uc_lc_svg.png

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not at this time. Whether there will be a pre-order program will be decided as the product comes closer to release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

An Alpha test is usually one where major portions of the game are being ironed out, and entire features are completely subject to change. Usually the changes made between an Alpha and a Beta version are of the MASSIVE type, and include fixing computer breaking bugs, frequent crashes, errors within the game itself, and extremely large balancing tweaks(this one is less of an issue here, as there really isn't any balancing).

A beta test usually involves minor tweaks, and the particular community involved here usually does not have any real influence regarding the overall direction of the game.

Because of these differences, an Alpha test usually involves an extremely closed and tight lipped group where information released to the outside is very limited. In contrast, a Beta is usually (depending on the company, I did the Beta for End War, and that involved a very strict NDA, however the developers hardly listened to the community at all regarding any of the bugs/fixes(?)) more open ended in nature, but still a lot more strict than an open beta, which is for all intents and purposes a demo.

You could think of ED's official testers as late-mid term Alpha and Beta testers if that makes any more sense. They iron out the really big bugs and issues before we see them.

And yes, it has been stated multiple times by ED that the open Beta was provided as a bonus to those who pre-ordered the game from them.

Right now, ED is keeping a hush hush and in the QT regarding the Mustang. We have to ice our nerves a bit. I just received my platinum Lock On copy and will get on learning each aircraft from the 8 (a month of gameplay each to each aircraft will kill time, trust me...)

You might want to closely re-examine your thought process regarding how long you think the aircraft in LOMAC take to learn. You could sit there for more than a year and still not know how to properly employ any of them. Just because they have a SFM and no clickable pit does not mean that they are any easier to get over the proverbial hump with.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

To put some emphasis on what Pyro said, as a general description:

Alpha: playable code, but features still under development/design.

Beta: playable code, but features getting locked/"code-freeze". (That is, no new features, only optimizations/bugfixes/etcetera.)

This is all a bit floating and different developers use different definitions. And of course, unforseen problems can always change things no matter where you are in this rough timeline.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Agreed. Sign me up!:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:bounce: me too! >>avatar3338_10.gif

(even I know that "we are investigating "means as much as :"we know nothing, absolute nothing - and I mean really nothing! - , but now I tell something because you asked for it!" ;) :)

... sometimes it pays off to pull on/sitting on daddy's leg while watching at him with big eyes...! :D

Just hoping/want to make sure taht you all will have a nice summer at ED when you can have my money early!)

Edited by PeterP

Looking forward to making pre-purchase practice for every model in the future, looking at how well it went for the Warthog, loads of beta testers for ED and loads of fun for us. It's really a win-win for every one. :)

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ

Cool, definitely going to pre-purchase if that happens :)

Now I really don't understand all the whines about how the Stang doesn't fit in as regards DCS proper (whatever that is). Yah well, it does not, from a modern warfare perspective, that much is true - but what other chances are there for flying a (reasonably accurate I hope) Mustang apart from purchasing a real one?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

There are no plans for a pre-order, but we are investigating a pre-purchase option like we did for A-10C.

Thanks for that Info, I hope ED will take advantages by those pre- purchase releases for this and all following products.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Put me down for two. :D

Ever since they announced the stang, I've been having the urge to buy wwII sims. I haven't felt this way in a longggg time. lol

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

an alpha or a beta (really must know the difference.. :( ) is an option.

Alfa - you have everything working [sort of] and are bug fixing and adding fetures

That's what the testers are for

Beta - This is stage 2 where everything IS working how you want it to work

The testers are doing their jobs by finding the lst of the bugs.

Gold - release...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Cool, definitely going to pre-purchase if that happens :)

Now I really don't understand all the whines about how the Stang doesn't fit in as regards DCS proper (whatever that is). Yah well, it does not, from a modern warfare perspective, that much is true - but what other chances are there for flying a (reasonably accurate I hope) Mustang apart from purchasing a real one?

shh...

pre-order would really help me, becasuse there are times I Have money, and other times none at all, and when I have it I could get way with a pre-order, but when I don't have it I am screwed... that's why it's sad not being able to pre-order when I could...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR