Will you buy FC3

Will you buy FC3  

675 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy FC3

• Yes
    • No

Both servers have not been up for a few days so I am guessing they are reworking them.

I have a hard time seeing why they'd need to be offline for days for this purpose, especially considering that they'd have to actually have the relevant code to do a deployment.

Unless they are specifically looking towards replacing hardware for performance reasons.

If in fact this is not a beta, but final release, then what the heck, I'll get it in a few days most likely.

I's not a beta. (Obviously, everything is always subject to change so I guess a bug could be found that changes this, but as announced this is a "release", not a pre-order with Beta. Remember that when betas have been coming out this has always been very specifically stated as such in the press releases.)

It is, however, not released yet, so it will be difficult to get it. I'm sure there will be a new announcement when the release is made.

I just purchased a Logitech G510 keyboard with 54 programmable G-keys to offset the necessity to set additional buttons instead of multiple keystroke commands. The older Microprose sims included cardboard keyboard cutout overlays which I will be trying some ideas to make.

While more keys isn't exactly a bad idea, you really shouldn't need the keyboard at all in FC3 - just map everything to HOTAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also a product that by all rights should, or rather would have been discontinued if it was any other company. It is nice that ED updates FC at all, I don't see how anyone can expect ED to spend a large amount of effort on it.

You make it sound like they were doing it for free.. They were updating it because the community interest has indicated they could sell these updates well, especially since the development of new modules is taking ages.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

As said before: 'you don't like it-don't buy it! until then take into account that ED is the best available choice we have at the moment. Especially, if you consider the company's resources e.g. manpower.

I most certainly wouldn't out of principle, but since there are no Su-27 or MiG-29 modules in near future, it's not like there's really a choice of not buying it.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

+1

~

As said before: 'you don't like it-don't buy it! ~

QUOTE]

Does that mean if it isn't liked and not bought would it mean we still have to buy it and lump it, to go online if it was included in part or full by a mission builder in any particular online mission?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

If the mission builder only includes those aircraft yes. Obviously.

If the mission simply includes them amongst others - no, it's DCS World.

Buy what you want to fly. That simple. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Buying it simply because you feel left out or to support ED is going to produce dodgy sales figures. They'll think that people want more of the same if it sells well. For example, I love BIS to bits, but I won't buy Carrier Command because it is something I am not interested in.

It is a pity however that the surfacing of FC3 has brought the realism eliteists out of the woodwork, with their usual bashing of anyone who doesn't like or insist on full realism as a "kiddie". Kind of ironic really since that is playground logic.

I for one would probably buy it (I love the Eagle) but I wouldn't be able to play it anyway so there isn't much point (yet).

@Wolf - You're not required to buy to play missions with FC aircraft in, as long as there are slots for other modules (A-10C, Ka-50, etc) available.

Undecided at the moment, but probably will purchase it after reviewing a detail change log, and how it's implemented into DCSW.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

If the mission simply includes them amongst others - no, it's DCS World.

Buy what you want to fly. That simple. ;)

Cheers thanks, I was hoping it would be that way :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I hope the graphics are better than LOMAC. I guess that is pretty old though. I'm going to give it a try.

The graphics are what you see in DCS World. It is not a secret, nor do you have to guess since DCS World is free.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The graphics are what you see in DCS World. It is not a secret, nor do you have to guess since DCS World is free.

Although I do suspect some of the soon to be flyables such as the Flankers have not been updated since LOMAC?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Abso-****en-lutely!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

^^^^ Detected TV quote was detected :D

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

100% worth buying due to the landing and take off AFM. I can't wait to check it out. If only ED can learn from the big buzz around FC3 and surprise us with a nice Flanker update (cockpit + model)..that would be awsome patch for release version of FC3.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hehe, calm down mate. I may have given you a wrong impression due to the moment of disappointment when we didn't hear any upgrades on eastern fighters. I wasn't trying to complain about the price of the FC3. What I am trying say it just without upgrade eastern fighters, the FC3 just wouldn't have the same punch. I do know that ED has limited resources and manpower, and they have done what they can. Let me put it this way then :"we are happy about the release of the FC3, just not too happy."

Chill out and relax mate :thumbup:

Oh the my whole comment wasn't directed at you , sorry about that. The first sentence only, and the rest was a general observation reading the same banter on a number of forums (simhq) primarily where arguing price was front and center.

Contrary to being worked up, I couldn't have been more calm writing it, it was more of a deep sigh enough already type emotion seeing the same comments over and over whilst missing the already stated facts. I usually end up reading everybody's response because even the bad arguments contain some useful tidbit in there. Reading comments For me at least helps give more context to said article and I can forum a more accurate conclusion.

I should have transitioned my comment more smoothly away from what you said. :) apologies for having singled you out. :pilotfly:

I'm a fan of family Sukhoi. At first I thought that all aircraft will have new models and cockpit. I do not know ...

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

shut-up-and-take-my-money11.jpeg

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

Absolutely I will buy FC3! In fact I buy two copies of everything Ed puts out because I have 2 flight pods to for multiplayer. I love what I'm seeing so far from the new pics. It will be nice to do some A2A in DCS World. Can't wait for it to be released! Thanks again ED for all your hard work.

shut-up-and-take-my-money11.jpeg

My sentiments exactly. :pilotfly:

Put the pre-order up. My credit card is here and waiting. :)

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

I bought the printed copy of the FC2 manual but never really spent anytime flying FC. If I buy FC3 then I can actually put the manual to good use. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes but when on sale. IMO the $40 price tag is too steep for a new F-15 3D model, cockpit, and some other small changes. Had all the other aircraft been given the same treatment the F-15 has gotten then I would buy it on day one. I am also annoyed that I have to upgrade Black Shark as from my understanding there where no changes from BS1 to BS2 for the actual aircraft.

Edited by Flogger23m