Combined Forces!

jmod

-Currently ground vehicles can't respawn, so whatever is setup in the mission is what you have.

-AAA control is very basic and done by hand. You can lock targets and it will show you where to shoot based on your current movement and the targets movement. SAM's work by locking the target, aiming the launcher, and firing the missile. IR are fire and forget, while the Tunguska requires you to maintain lock.

-Don't know about smoke, but I think its on a wishlist.

-Yes you can control artillery, but its more of a "direct fire" mode.

-Infantry cannot be controlled.

Thanks for the answers!

Can we know more about trees? Like collision modeling or LOS blocking feature? I can see a huge exploit in hiding in forests with SAM/AAA and shoot through trees... Also fighting against AI vehicles in urban / forest area with first person controlled vehicles wolud be more than "tricky".

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello friends,

I see two problems (I think),

1.More difficulties in fps.

2.Campaign,After all, the beauty of the game Is to fight on several levels

Normal Server can withstand the load of multiple players?

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

This is actually more than I hoped for. Thanks ED! :thumbup:

Yep , well done indeed . This whole sim is getting better and better each month .

Thanks to all the Ed folks , and testers who spend so much of their time perfecting this for us , clap on the back all round :smilewink:

Well I assume this would be a "free" addon for those who bought the BETA version of DCS Warthog because this was already possible to drive the ground units, until ED decided to remove the feature in the release version, like the NEVADA map?

Next module: DCS:Wheels

ED: "sorry guys we had to remove the wheels of your favorite A10C Warthog; stay tuned for a future soon ® module DCS:Wheels for 30$ until then you can no longer drive on parking area"

whoops i forgot the smiley :music_whistling:

Edited by xjiks

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Well I assume this would be a "free" addon for those who bought the BETA version of DCS Warthog...

Your assumption would be incorrect. Pre-Order list price of $29-99.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes, provided that it is a vehicle and aircraft server with A-10's. If it's a vehicle-only server then no, they will require the CA module.

What about spectator mode ? Can't we just be the spectator if we don't own the module ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your assumption would be incorrect. Pre-Order list price of $29-99.

I'm so sad :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What about spectator mode ? Can't we just be the spectator if we don't own the module ?

I would assume that you would be able to cycle through external views as you do now - have not tried so cannot confirm with 100% certainty. In any event, that would be up to the server admin I suppose to dictate which views are enabled.

I for one would advocate that you would not be able to spectate, especially if the two coalitions are involved in a PvP ground-war. Why would you allow one person to spectate and accordingly relay enemy positions via TS to the opposing coalition?

I'm so sad :cry:

Imagine how I feel after every weeks grocery shop :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I assume this would be a "free" addon for those who bought the BETA version of DCS Warthog because this was already possible to drive the ground units, until ED decided to remove the feature in the release version, like the NEVADA map?

Next module: DCS:Wheels

ED: "sorry guys we had to remove the wheels of your favorite A10C Warthog; stay tuned for a future soon ® module DCS:Wheels for 30$ until then you can no longer drive on parking area"

whoops i forgot the smiley :music_whistling:

Actually, the ability to drive an UAZ in DCS A-10c was an easter, not a feature...

And, errr, Nevada map was really not ready for release. The developpement of Nevada map is much more complicated since ED is developping a new terrain / gfx engine for it (ED Minsk).

So, if you're not interested in, you're not forced to buy.

DCS: CA does not interest me, I'll not buy it. It's my decision and I don't complain about this release. Because it's a very good idea, pushing the borders of the game and much people are interested in.

But, maybe the reason you're complaining today is that you are actually also interested... But not already aware of it.

(Oh, not forget the smiley... :music_whistling: )

(And do you know many games sold at 30$ at this time, when AAA game like the 'Call of' series are sold 60$ for 6 to 8 hours solo gaming?)

(Again, :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling: )

Have a nice day.

And thank you ED for your work and dedication, even if I would prefer to see the release of Nevada / Edge. There is time for things. I'm patient and I'm sure the day will come...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

OMG, I'm getting heart-attack!

Why are you doing this to us, ED?

Newcomers:

DCS: MiG-21Bis (so far, so good)

DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle (IRIS, don't forget, you're making for DCS World, not FSX)

DCS: Combined Arms

DTAC Terrain (should be EDGE compatible)

And what else, oh, DCS: P-51D Mustang (damn it)! :D

OK, lots of new things, but what about engine itself?

High-fidelity aircraft needs high-fidelity environment, and both of them need high performance engine (DX11, and mulit CPU-GPU). :music_whistling:

Please make everything perfect! :)

Edited by jmod
  • Like 1

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

BTW, Cato and Binary did an amazing job on this video. I think Hollywood would be a lot cooler if these guys were in the biz.

This will help with recruiting, so I hope everyone with their own youtube channel is faving and promoting.

• ED Team

Btw, one thing i didn't include in the video, is the ability to command units around from the drivers seat, kind of like how you order your squad mates around in the game "Brothers in Arms". You click the appropriate button, and an icon appears on the screen, and you can tell them to move to an area just by placing the icon somewhere on the terrain. :)

And thanks for the comments on the video. Next promo isn't that far away. ;)

• Like 1

And thanks for the comments on the video. Next promo isn't that far away. ;)

YES :thumbup: Fishbed, FISHBED :D

Nice job GA

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Will the DCS Combined Arms Collection also have the Nevada Map in June?

Combined Arms is a module and not a collection. As for Nevada, no, not included as it is a seperate product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

As a noob to DCS world and a tanker at heart. Can I ask, do we need to purchase a product to get access to DSC world and if so can it be the Combined Arms title?

Am I then able to just play tanks?

Jeff

Don't forget DCS: Next is still being worked on in parallel in addition to the current projects.

Jetman+Yvet+Rossy+Jet+Suit.jpg

;)

I hate you Blaze!! ;) J/K!!

This announcement is making me love this community more and more each day!!

I need a hug!! :love: I hope I dont lose my man card from this post. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi all,

As a noob to DCS world and a tanker at heart. Can I ask, do we need to purchase a product to get access to DSC world and if so can it be the Combined Arms title?

Am I then able to just play tanks?

Jeff

DCS:-World is completely free - it is a complete flight sim with everything working and a free Su-25T to fly - Download it here (ignore the last file for the P-51) http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

After that - buy CA when it is released. You can still use the Su-25T in addition to all of CA features. CA will also enable Multiplayer for DCS:-World.

Nate

GA, you are legen...

Wait for it

Dary!

Another Barney Sintson??!! :lol: (sorry for the OT)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

DCS:-World is completely free - it is a complete flight sim with everything working and a free Su-25T to fly - Download it here (ignore the last file for the P-51) http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

After that - buy CA when it is released. You can still use the Su-25T in addition to all of CA features. CA will also enable Multiplayer for DCS:-World.

Nate

Thank you for the informative reply Nate. I have also passed on the info to our squad.