Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Eh?

Nevada is implementing EDGE and is a completely different project from FC3. Really the only thing the two have in common is that once Nevada comes out, we should be able to enjoy FC3 on the map.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also excited for FC3, and I found some semi-related entertainment.

I want to learn and master all RU fighters first, and since I know diddly squat about RU fighters I searched youtube for footage and documentaries. This guy's channel has a ton of great footage, it should keep some of us entertained while we wait.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheATSA

I will help you out with your training.

you can check out my you tube channel if you like its on www.s77th.com

alot of other flight simmers feel the same way, and have chosen to fly with us you too could potentialy be welcome.

When Joining the S77th we like to know the following.

Where you are from ?

how old are you ?

What time do you fly ?

What sims do you fly ?

what hotas do you use ?

do you have Track IR with 6DOF ?

do you have any special dietary requirements?

http://www.s77th.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=22

for registration help

http://www.s77th.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17

Edited by Devilman

First the earth cooled then the dinosaurs came, but then they all died... waiting for Dinosaur Common Simulation : Pterodactylus

Fixed;)

EDIT: "do you have any special dietary requirements?"

You offer the couques for newcomers?

Edited by Cedaway
  • Like 1

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Eh?

Nevada is implementing EDGE and is a completely different project from FC3.

Isn´t EDGE the acronym for Eagle Dynamics Grafics Engine? I have read that somewhere, dont ask me where. And doesn´t Nevada be the very first module that will be developt by using this new Engine?

Really the only thing the two have in common is that once Nevada comes out, we should be able to enjoy FC3 on the map.

so it somehow must be implemented in EDGE as well...Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

EDGE is a terrain engine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think you are right with the edge acronym. I think its a cool nickname for the engine...kinda badass...but lets hope the engine holds up. My personal fav so far of engine and acronym is RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Graphics Engine). Maybe ED can learn a few things from it... imagine EUPHORIA, HAVOK etc in DCS. LOL!! Amazing skeletal animation....we could get things like wings flexing under turbulence etc..more realistic physics, explosions, collateral damage..lol . :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Isn´t EDGE the acronym for Eagle Dynamics Grafics Engine? I have read that somewhere, dont ask me where. And doesn´t Nevada be the very first module that will be developt by using this new Engine?

so it somehow must be implemented in EDGE as well...Correct me if I am wrong.

I understood it as being the terrain engine, but my knowledge and information is limited so I could be wrong. :noexpression:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Will we get new single player campaigns for the Russian aircraft? I read the preview of FC3 on SimHQ and it looks like there is only an F-15C campaign....:cry:

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

The Umteenth of Janseptober two thousand and something, is the date I've heard mentioned.

That made me:megalol:

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

I think instead of waiting to buy FC3 I might go shopping for a 40$ hammer and spend the next few months smashing the shit out of my own fingers a few times an hour.

good use of your time i say. :thumbup:

after months of plastic surgery & physical therapy by then im sure fc3 will be out!

at that point we can duct tape your hands to the hotas and you will be set.

My bigest wish and hope for EDGE is to finally get some propper Multithreading coding as really, lets face it, CPU manufacturers are now aiming mostly for power reduction and to get CPU double as fast per 1 core will take many many years, and considering I am getting FPS in 1X's on bases with 3 screens (which is part of sim features) I can wait decades literally to be able to run 3 times this FPS and have decent framerate, and I haven't even turned my mirrors on, once I do they will kill FPS yet again :(

So Multithreading is really, REALLY a MUST now, and if EDGE doesn't bring it my hopes will be shattered :(

No longer active in DCS...

So Multithreading is really, REALLY a MUST now, and if EDGE doesn't bring it my hopes will be shattered :(

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1588257&postcount=2331

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester