Holy Cat

NRG-Vampire

Damn boi.

Couple million polys there I think...

Hmmm, I think my machine would melt.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmmm, I think my machine would melt.

yeah... but what a way to melt it :D

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Insane. His Su-27/30 is also jaw-dropping.

su-30mk2_tni-au_studio.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

His name's Der Peiper... he's a professional CG artist from Indonesia. I don't think his work usually has anything to do with simulation, but one of his recent models might be for that purpose.

There is nothing but geometry and diffuse mapping in those pictures... which says a lot about his workflow and the detail he puts on his work. (It also says a lot about the kind of computer he must be using... wow.)

there's nothing special, that it can't be done by any other 3d artist(i mean a 3d artist, who can be named like this, not any beginner). personally, the only thing i appreciate at his works is the detail level. of course it's a hard job but if an attractive payment comes after this, and a very detailed drawing plans of the aircraft are given before, it can be done..

there's nothing special, that it can't be done by any other 3d artist(i mean a 3d artist, who can be named like this, not any beginner). personally, the only thing i appreciate at his works is the detail level. of course it's a hard job but if an attractive payment comes after this, and a very detailed drawing plans of the aircraft are given before, it can be done..

nothing special? Man you have some nerve :noexpression:

No longer active in DCS...

it's my opinion... special is the level of detail, but as i said before, he's probably paid very very well for this and he has of course a book of the aircraft, where to find every drawing for every part, not simply blueprints of 2 sheets having a general drawing.

What's special about this is the level of detail and accuracy... which is actually EVERYTHING there is about 3D modeling (full stop).

If the guy did it in 1 year do you think $500.000 is what he gets? I don't think so... if it's year's work then it's year's pay. And by the way since you know 3D modeling you should show more respect for the guy's work and not make stupid comment like "nothing special". It might be your opinion... it is therefore my opinion that your opinion is crap.

No longer active in DCS...

What's special about this is the level of detail and accuracy... which is actually EVERYTHING there is about 3D modeling (full stop).

If the guy did it in 1 year do you think $500.000 is what he gets? I don't think so... if it's year's work then it's year's pay. And by the way since you know 3D modeling you should show more respect for the guy's work and not make stupid comment like "nothing special". It might be your opinion... it is therefore my opinion that your opinion is crap.

well, what can i say..we can't have all the same opinion. i do have and show respect for his work, but i think that the only special thing is the level of detail. but have a look on the site where he posts his works and you shall see that there are a lot of people who work as good as him, the same accuracy(in some cases even better). it matters alot from what point of view you see these renders. as a 3d artist, i've seen many projects like this, even better, and it doesn't impress me that much, but for a guy who is outside the domain it may look outstanding.

but if you are curious, look on the 3d military gallery from military-meshes.com and you can find at least 10 guys who can do the job, even more..you only have to pay them high and you shall get the job done, at the same complexity.

If the guy did it in 1 year do you think $500.000 is what he gets? I don't think so... if it's year's work then it's year's pay.

C'mon... if I could create an Apache from a standard blueprint in one day on an Amiga 500 with 1MB ram in Real3D... these shouldn't be a problem today... :smilewink:

Maybe a month of frenetic clicking for a plane...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I bet he uses a render farm for those or he has a very beefed up PC.

Renders is one thing, a screen shot is another.

I bet I could make my piss poor models look good in a good render setup with good spec and bumo maps.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Damn boi.

Couple million polys there I think...

i think its about 54 million, not counting splines.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i believe that if someone takes 3GO's su-27 or combatace's su-27UB and makes some renders using for example, vray2 and max 2012, you get the same visual impression, this without modeling rivets, internal engine and cutting panels. put it in another order, take Der Piper's su-27 UB and import it in DCS, you won't have a better aspect than combatace's one, just because those modeled rivets are not viewable from a normal distance of 2-3 meters. So the result is that both models have the same accuracy but different number of polys.