DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

First thoughts

Finally got the time to study some of the modules I have purchased recently. I am learning the Mission Editor and creating a few practice missions with the help of some of the excellent german tutorials produced by Fire. First let me say I am happy with my purchase but some of the bugs are really annoying and I hope they get resolved in future patches. I set up a simple ai 2 ship (SU27) take off and landing around Batumi and noticed the graphical glitches, full flaps on take off and cutting into the missiles.

I also found the ai aircraft movement when changing direction around the airport and at altitude to be very erratic. Anyway to smooth this out? The IR Jammer and ECM indicators also mentioned in previous posts. Most frustrating was seeing the SU 27's take 3 attempts to land at the airport also mentioned previously in other posts. I know creating realistic AI can be a nightmare but surely some of these glitches can be resolved after all these years. Still my favourite military flightsim though. Ver 1.2.8

Edited by Funduro

• 2 months later...

What's the "Track.ogg" file in "Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\RWR" used for? I've never heard it play in DCS. It sounds a bit like part of the Russian RWR.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 2 weeks later...

throwing my hands in the air

Hello all. Im not the brightest bulb in the box, But there is not a sim or add on or mod that I gave up on. Yet.:lol:

The way this is set up is really confusing to me somehow.

Heres my issue. Ill just state the things I think I know.

Ive installed DCS World

Purchased Flaming Cliffs 3

and P51 like a dum ass

World seems to run fine but no interaction

It looks fantastic

I can set my controls but dont know if they work yet

Have not tried FC2 or 1. Have seen that I need to install/not install first. ??:cry:

Im trying to log in to Module mngr but it says my password is wrong. It sends me to the dcs web site where it tells me im logged in no prob.

When I go to fly ANY aircrFT, iT LOADS UP, AND A WINDOW POPS UP WANTING MY A-10 ACTIVATION CODE. sORRY BOUT CAPS. I didnt buy the a-10c

dont have code so it just goes back to main screen and the nasty biz just starts all over again.:noexpression:

Obviously im missing something. Ive really dropped the ball on this one. Is there a log or cfg file I can send ?

Any help would be appreciated

Im somewhat new to computers but i run XPV2,FSX, P3DV2 and all ther add ons that go with em, so...............help

I7 4771 H97MB TBHDDx2 240GB-SSD GTX980

I think you have to have an installation of Lock-On Modern Air Combat, OR FC1 OR FC2, installed prior to the FC3 installation. Can someone verify this is still true??

I think that will solve all of the FC3 issues.

The Activation Code for P51 should be retrieveable from the website under your account, if your username and password are correct for the site login.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Why the same old planes as Lock On, Flaming Cliffs 1 and Flaming Cliffs 2? Why not some newer more modern planes like Eurofighter Typhoon and Sukhoi Su-35?

Something with digital fly-by-wire and multi-role capability people want to fly and are interested in?

Would increase interest in the series and bring it into the 21st century. Might even appeal to a wider audience.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

"Something with digital fly-by-wire and multi-role capability people want to fly and are interested in?

Would increase interest in the series and bring it into the 21st century. Might even appeal to a wider audience." Unfortunately, there seems to be a bent toward the 90's state of the art. Most new fighters are fly by wire, and I agree completely this would widen the audience considerably. If it was just the eye candy, DCS would rule and games like Battlefield and the like would be in the outer darkness looking in. Unfortunately DCS struggles for profitability instead of getting into the fly by wire aircraft. I can't explain why.

"instead of getting into the fly by wire aircraft. I can't explain why."

This has been duiscussed ( and explained) numerous times.

DCS aims to simulate air combat. The Performance and systems of the Typhoon / Su-35 are still very classified, so modelling them really amounts to (educated) guess work.

E.D. (& Belsimtec) have chosen not to have that particular level of guesswork in their own products.

They have granted 3rd party licenses to a couple of other parties that are going to a bit more of that guestimation and produce the kind of aircraft you're wishing for.

"Unfortunately DCS struggles for profitability"

That's fascinating, but I'm worried that you would tell us on an open forum.

The only way you can really know that is if you are either working for E.D. & talking out of turn, or working for the NSA and engaging in a little illegal backdoor file surfing.

If you work for E.D. or the NSA, and have given away that fact here, you mustn't like your job, (or your liberty). You should probably be more careful with what information you give away.

Of course it's possible you have no factual base to your statements, in which case you're probably safe :)

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

And I have last 2 question.Does FC3 contains all of these aircrafts F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25 or just 2 or 3 are free and I must buy others, like in DCS World.

And second question is, how I can recolor or "make" a skin for my aircraft ? Because I saw many random colored aircrafts in multiplayer.

Thanks again for answer.

FC3 contains all of these aircrafts F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25

Correct.

(the FC3 aircraft don't have the same level of detail than the other DCS modules (like the A-10C))

For the liveries, you will have to create your own textures (you can use the official templates to do so) and put them in the "Liveries" folder (…\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\…) with reference .lua file (description.lua).

Just download a livery in the users section. and check how it's done.

There's a guide somewhere in the forum mods section.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone.Finished my training and done some missions with the SU25T and the A-10A.

Started a campaign with SU25T and at the very first mission ,my idea is that there are extremely a lot of antiair missiles.It is a ground force where the 50-60% of the weapons are anti-air.Is it normal?

The second question is how to install or copy users campaigns and missions?I have seasrched a lot and did not find anything.

Thank you.

Edited by Sogamg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm little curious about why the 6dof cockpit of Russian planes(SU25T,Su27) don't use track ir Z axis default longtitude shift camera view,but what insteads is view zooming.I mean I move my head forward,in game view is zooming.I have to set it.Not like US plane and Ka50,it use it as default.Thank you.

Edited by tifafan

Hey guys. I would like to ask devs on couple things about FC package.

First of all, when we can expect update of MiG-29 series? Exterior, cockpit models and of course FMs. Their status right now is really obsolete. I would like to see them modernized and get them on the same level as F-15C and Su-27SM.

Second question is about capacity expansion of FC3 package. Have you been thinking about implementing additional aircraft into FC3? DCS have so much potential and consisting so few flyable planes. I understand that quality takes time and a lots of complex projects are under development right now but the world of military aviation is so huge that u simply cant make every plane and every version. Have you been thinking about creating another "simple" but modern planes on the same level as F-15 or Su-27? What about F-16A, MiG-25P, F-18A, Ja35F, Ja37, Mirage F1, A-7B, MiG-27BN and other concrete airplanes which can be modelled as "easy modules" at the same level as other FC3 birds . It can pump up battles into whole new level because of new aircraft with different roles and missions. The older version can be modelled as the "easy" one, the new one as the complex one as it is now with A-10s. A variant is the "easy one", C is the complex one. Pick up some concrete version of each iconic single-seat jet airplane and make it into FC3 standard. There will be still a lots of space for complex models and you will seriously upgrade your DCS sim.

Thank you.

Edited by Sajonez

Pilot of the CSAF - TL RAVEN

[sIGPIC]TL RAVEN logo[/sIGPIC]

Will there be a professional flight model for the su-33?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 1 month later...

more Ai non flyable aircraft that could be it in the future

Hello ED, first of all thank you for developing a fine product that keeps improving through the years, from Flanker 1.0 to DCS world. Great job.

Well my question ( suggestion more like it), is preparing DCS world for a more challenging experience. All this about current modern jet fighters.

You have made a good step adding the F-15E in the list, but i think that the game could be much more challenging and diverse if you start working on in adding several advanced jet fighters, making new 3D models and taking into consideration the possibility to make them flyable in the future (like it is with the F-14a, F-18c and possibly the F-15e).

I would like to suggest these types of aircraft:

Blue force: Ef-2000, Rafale, Jas-39, F/A-18E and F-22

Red force: Mig-29k, Su-30SM, Su-35, Pak-fa, and maybe Mig-31bm and Su-25sm3 (but in the game the su-25t and tm do this role)

Even more options: J-10, JH-7, JF-17, Hal TEJAS and F-35 ( i think adding China and India would be great for DCS world, China could use Su-27 and the Su-30m, and India could use the Mig-29, mirage-2000 and Su-30sm model too)

Of course all of this including new weapons

This could help make campaigns, maps, scenario and some multiplayer games more challenging and pleasent to a big audience of fans of the series, given the fact of the huge fanbase mods and development. Making these models would surely boost the love of the fans, and the option of make them flyable , its even better.

Well, i guess some other people may have suggested this, but i think it is not a bad idea to reinforce it. It could be even a payed DLC and people would surely pay for it.

Again thank you for your work and keep improving.

regards:thumbup::pilotfly:

=08th=King

chadsky.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi can someone tell me if I still need LOMAC installed for FC3. Many Thanks

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...