Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously it would be too much to ask if nevada will be released with this new version but of course "it will be ready when it's ready"

If it would be released with 1.2.3. you'd know about it by now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It will be a while before Nevada is released. EDGE is in the works, and if it is slated to be released for a certain varsion of the software, you'll know. There's no point in asking before that.

obviously it would be too much to ask if nevada will be released with this new version but of course "it will be ready when it's ready"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Oh no, not again... :-(

ED: do you release something *stable* at least till the end of 02/2013?

I do not want to register for LLTM and travel 1000 miles with my rig just to find out there is actually no sim I could fly and after a few thousands "server disconnects" I can go back home...

I don't know if it will be fixed for 1.2.3, but I do know that the cause has been identified and it's marked to be fixed.

Thx for replay I hope that we will get fix with 1.2.3 but if no good to know that ED know about problem and will fix it.

I see we have a lot of users who'd rather have a a flawed release today. :)

You maybe missed it, but that is exactly what we have now (without even asking for it). And honestly, I do not think it could be worse. Not only FC3 is screwed, but also (once in the past quite stable) BS & A10C...

You maybe missed it, but that is exactly what we have now (without even asking for it).

Oh i am very aware. But asking for more of the same isn't gonna do you any good. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Plus, you never know, the patch in its current RC version could be even WORSE than what we have now. I am pretty sure that there is an excellent, and maybe even a good, reason why they haven't released it yet.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The news they are all working hard on it is good enough for me, I can put up with a few bugs and still have plenty of fun in this world knowing its only going to get better. thumbup.gif

I'm still waiting for the MIG 28 from Top Gun..mad.gif

We all are, and it better have systems as accurate as the film did or else... Also, I hope ED don't ruin it by including a tailplane so I can do this......

Top_Gun_in_Hollywood.jpg

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The news they are all working hard on it is good enough for me, I can put up with a few bugs and still have plenty of fun in this world knowing its only going to get better. thumbup.gif

We all are, and it better have systems as accurate as the film did or else... Also, I hope ED don't ruin it by including a tailplane so I can do this......

Top_Gun_in_Hollywood.jpg

^ You do realize that shot was film over film right?, the shot never happened.

it was simply footage of a tomcat flipped vertically and laid out over top of the shot of the F-5.

If the editors of teh time had half a brain cell, they woulda realized the Pilot's names on the Canopy Rail were mirrored and flipped the film horizontally as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

After reading thru the last pages of this thread I find myself still trying to get the concept of a "physical file" :megalol:

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

it was simply footage of a tomcat flipped vertically and laid out over top of the shot of the F-5.

If the editors of teh time had half a brain cell, they woulda realized the Pilot's names on the Canopy Rail were mirrored and flipped the film horizontally as well.

C'mon Skates!! Give them man some credit!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I think Skates needs some time away from the studio ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Correct, on that " Skate " and it was very easy to spot the film texture of the F14 Tomcat was different from the F-5( aka..Mig 29..for the film..)...the F-5 was darker than the F-14 Tomcat...

Cheers...:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

After reading thru the last pages of this thread I find myself still trying to get the concept of a "physical file" :megalol:

I lol´d when I read this. Thought the same thing.

I guess it´s something they had back in the 80s or so... same time period as Top Gun.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I lol´d when I read this. Thought the same thing.

I guess it´s something they had back in the 80s or so... same time period as Top Gun.

honestly, I need to point out that there is a specific difference in the german translation of the english term file. Whereas in english "file" originally refers to a paperfile, we Germans typically use the the english term file rather than "Datei" which comes from the original 80ies term datafile. Thus the native speaker may think of an old paperfile, which is indeed physical, so Ghanja brought up a very nice paradox :D

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I hate reading updates saying, oh we are almost done on 1.2.3 and if it goes well we will release it afterwards. id rather have updates saying it will be a while before can release it to the public.

Its like the government saying you can fly f-22 but theres a risk of crashing because the onboard software has problems with and causes the system to shutdown or even cut your breathing system. Would you still take the oppertunity?

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

I hate reading updates saying, oh we are almost done on 1.2.3 and if it goes well we will release it afterwards. id rather have updates saying it will be a while before can release it to the public.

Its like the government saying you can fly f-22 but theres a risk of crashing because the onboard software has problems with and causes the system to shutdown or even cut your breathing system. Would you still take the oppertunity?

As a worshipper of Khorne you should proudly take EVERY opportunity to die for your God! :megalol:

Shagrat

Relax. If you take a deep breath and actually read what Wags wrote 1.2.3 is not far away if the test build is OK.

If you buy a new car, would you like the factory to do a quality check before they ship the car. Or would you rather enjoy the half eaten sandwich in the trunk and start your engine and listen to the wonderful sound of metal against metal because they forgot the oil?

The above has happened IRL. This is what happens if you push a product through the line way to fast and don't do QA.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

I'm still waiting for the MIG 28 from Top Gun..:mad:

Funny how they actually state 'we'll be using F5's and A4's as Mig simulators' (the scene where Charlie briefs the guys in the hangar) but you only ever see A4's at the Top Gun school.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super