Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-15 CAPs so Im not getting Waxed by people in RED A-10s?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Glad to see you survived. I assume you had to hide in your bunker to survive that nuclear flame fest :P

But no, the vast majority of the regular community, all the testers, all the devs- everyone, pretty much- acknowledges there are significant stability issues in 1.2.2 multiplayer. You are the first I've ever seen to claim that 1.2.2 multiplayer stability is good. That's just an honest fact.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Glad to see you survived. I assume you had to hide in your bunker to survive that nuclear flame fest :P

But no, the vast majority of the regular community, all the testers, all the devs- everyone, pretty much- acknowledges there are significant stability issues in 1.2.2 multiplayer. You are the first I've ever seen to claim that 1.2.2 multiplayer stability is good. That's just an honest fact.

Hmmm...ok...

Somehow it feels like i would have rather won the megajackpot in the monthly statelottery.

Mission editor trigger rule - expression.

Wassat?

It allows you to use a Lua script as a trigger condition. No longer is it necessary to have a Lua script set a flag so that the flag is sensed in the condition; the Lua script can directly be a trigger condition itself.

While this has a bunch of complicated implications, the most simple use of it allows you to completely, or almost completely, abandon the use of flags. Flags cannot be named, and can only take up a very limited number of values. Lua is infinitely more capable.

For example, say you have the logical condition:

(Condition 1 OR Condition2) AND Condition 3 AND Condition 4 AND (Condition 5 OR Condition 6)

In regular ME logic, this might have to be divided into three triggers:

Flag 11 is true AND Flag 31 is true AND Flag 32 is true OR Flag 21 is true AND Flag 31 is true AND Flag 32 is true -> Set Flag 41

Flag 12 is true AND Flag 31 is true AND Flag 32 is true OR Flag 22 is true AND Flag 31 is true AND Flag 32 is true -> Set Flag 42

Flag 41 is true AND Flag 42 is true -> Set Flag 100

But with the new Lua conditions, this can all be combined into a single, more simple condition that is easy to read:

return (player1Dead or player1HomeZone) and (player2Dead or player2HomeZone) and timeMore3600 and playerEnteredTargetZone

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I noticed 1 funny thing though..

I see way more people posting than the total people online playing or at least doing something on servers. At the moment multiplay is fairly stable and personaly i have never been kicked due to a bug from a server with the latest official version. So saying the client isn't stable enough doesnt go for me.

Why arent these hundreds of people on the servers? Do you actualy own a serial of a module that is being used?

Im sure ED will up speedprioritys when all these people would actualy show themselves on servers and enjoying this software. Developers will most defenately get a boost of inspiration when theres more customers actively enjoying what they have created.

When i run an open public server for hours than theres always the same active people checking in and out. I keep track of it. I havent seen many of you and alot of servers are empty. Leaving my server online 24/7 is a waste of hardware and electrical power as there isnt many people paying a visit simply because many dont even play the game.

So....whats the deal here? Where are you all you people? Will you come online when 1.2.3 comes out or will it be the same forumhopping as you do now?

Im not saying and asking this to step on any of your toes, but it has me wondering big time in the credibility of some people wanting 1.2.3 to be a fact asap. Start playing and perhaps your wishes might be granted the way you want to see them granted.

That said, I counted 80 pilots online last Saturday night. FYI - I counted only Servers with Multiple pilots in them...excluding the 1/12 etc. listings, assuming they were just the host servers...considering the many time zones, it varies with time of day.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Why aren't hundreds of people on the servers? Because:

A) Cannot connect, server ping time out, DCS has stopped working, connection interrupted, no master server list.. etc.

B) They have given up bothering with it.

The only server I play on that generally works is the one I put up for me and my squad mate for a few hours each night, no password. We see people repeatedly connecting and disconnecting and trying to join and play, but they never make it in. Sucks.

We've been running a Mission and Server every night for the last 2 weeks that has proven very stable. We've had as many as 9 people in at once with no srtability issues for the server or reported by clients.

Recently it ran OVER 24 Hours with people joining and departing with no stability issues. The server is running a fairly simple mission created with the Default Mission editor and aside from a few known bumps in the road, (JTAC issues... things of that nature) seems to work fine. I think there are 15-20 basic "Once" trgiggers and about 20 available client aircraft consisting of A-10Cs, Ka-50s, Su-25s and I am adding F-15Cs and Su-27's for the FC3 crowd.

I have to wonder if it isnt the way maps are being created thats causing the problem. I used a "Generated Mission" and modified it. Nothing else. No LUA scripts, No add ons just what is provided.

Just a thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

We've been running a Mission and Server every night for the last 2 weeks that has proven very stable. We've had as many as 9 people in at once with no srtability issues for the server or reported by clients.

Recently it ran OVER 24 Hours with people joining and departing with no stability issues. The server is running a fairly simple mission created with the Default Mission editor and aside from a few known bumps in the road, (JTAC issues... things of that nature) seems to work fine. I think there are 15-20 basic "Once" trgiggers and about 20 available client aircraft consisting of A-10Cs, Ka-50s, Su-25s and I am adding F-15Cs and Su-27's for the FC3 crowd.

I have to wonder if it isnt the way maps are being created thats causing the problem. I used a "Generated Mission" and modified it. Nothing else. No LUA scripts, No add ons just what is provided.

Just a thought.

Same for us in the 476th but we're only flying DCS A-10C.

Like I said earlier, introduce FC3 ACFT and/or Combined Arms slots and stability becomes an issue.

But, that's why MP testing has the highest priority to us testers presently!

Yeah- everything runs fine now that servers know what was breaking stability in the first place. Many missions are stripped of tankers and servers have gone to great lengths to strip embedded miz files to prevent load timeouts. Now people are seeing stability but the missions are hardly the ones guys spend months perfecting. They're very simple, basic missions because that's all we can do to keep things afloat for the community. And despite that effort I still get idiots in complaining about the missions!!

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I dunno, maybe ED needs some more Volunteer Testers :p.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

You'll never get away from that. Someone called me a bunch of expletives for giving them a 60nm flight to the FLOT. 60nm! In a fighter that's 6 minutes, and you'll probably be seeing the other guy in about 5-6 mins of flight, if they're not at the FLOT already.

Can't please everyone.

They're very simple, basic missions because that's all we can do to keep things afloat for the community. And despite that effort I still get idiots in complaining about the missions!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You'll never get away from that. Someone called me a bunch of expletives for giving them a 60nm flight to the FLOT. 60nm! In a fighter that's 6 minutes, and you'll probably be seeing the other guy in about 5-6 mins of flight, if they're not at the FLOT already.

Can't please everyone.

That's ridiculous!

:doh:

:bash:

Personally I enjoy longer flights, you cant let your guard down...

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I had created a mission where the FLOT was the maximum allowed by geography of the game. About 150nm. It was awesome when dedicated people were involved, you'd see CAPs arriving at the FLOT, trying to chase away enemy CAPs in order to protect friendly strikers.

MiG pilots really had to watch how they flew. Couldn't run around sniffing the ground, they didn't have the fuel for it.

Strikers tended to be slower, so fighter sweeps worked best with good timing, and when they did, you were nearly guaranteed 10-15 mins of air superiority, during which the strikers would have to do their work quickly and then leave, and you'd have to cover them.

For obvious reasons, it wasn't a frequented mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Personally I enjoy longer flights, you cant let your guard down...

+1

The way to and back from the target are the greatest moments, especially when flying together with teamplayers.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Sounds like the perfect mission to me. Still a bit short, but not much can be done about that without new theatres.

I never will understand the allure of take off and immediately fence in missions. Give me a 30 min ingress any day of the week.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

stated above ive been around since the orginal lock on , people should be grateful that there is a dedicated few. who are still running the show without passwords. and the triggers combined with bombing runs that are laggind dcs world to point of freezception. Thankyou you probably make my life alot easier when without me having to oc my card and lower graphics settings in game

It was a public server mission, in that case making it longer is definitely detrimental ... for private missions with more structure etc I agree, longer can be much more entertaining and doable, and you can use more of the map in some respects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't please everyone.

Someone called the Highway an epic 10/10 fail, after whining about no weapons other than cannon.. lol..

• ED Team
I had created a mission where the FLOT was the maximum allowed by geography of the game. About 150nm. It was awesome when dedicated people were involved, you'd see CAPs arriving at the FLOT, trying to chase away enemy CAPs in order to protect friendly strikers.

MiG pilots really had to watch how they flew. Couldn't run around sniffing the ground, they didn't have the fuel for it.

Strikers tended to be slower, so fighter sweeps worked best with good timing, and when they did, you were nearly guaranteed 10-15 mins of air superiority, during which the strikers would have to do their work quickly and then leave, and you'd have to cover them.

For obvious reasons, it wasn't a frequented mission.

Sounds like a great mission, I might have to get in on that :)