NVG Mod

Actually I didn't need to comment mine out either this time. It was correct as it was.

Me too, just updated to the latest 1.2.5 patch and didn't touch it and it looked like that.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Me too, just updated to the latest 1.2.5 patch and didn't touch it and it looked like that.

That is interesting maybe my file was corrupted or something

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just a little question, the Mod "nrgized nvgmod_1.0v3 with Ka-50" is not available to download because I do not found this file...

A great thanks in advance for your help, Skull.

• 4 weeks later...

Where do I find the NVG mod again? I looked in graphics.lua in config folder but it's not there. Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Tis ok, I found it

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

Hello dear,

I would installed the NVG Mod for my DCS modules (A-10C, P-51D, Huey, Mi-8 and of course the KA-50) but for be honest to the final and today I'm very lost with this Mod.

Please anybody can help me for found and install correctly this awesome Mod ?

There's two version for the NVG Mod, one for the A-10C and other Mod for KA-50, right ?

After all these month I'm very lost, please can you give me the good link for the NVG Mod for the A-10C and other modules and also for the KA-50 ?

Because this Mod was enough complex for me I had stoped to use this Mod but today I fly by night with my modules and with the NVG Mod of DCS it's not good, your Mod it's better !!!

Here I give you my monitor definition: 1920 x 1080, please can you help me the most simply as possible ?

Once again I would like to thank you in advance for your help and your explanations, best regards and good sunday, Skull.

PS:

I hope that my Engish is not too poor for my explanations...

Hello dear,

I would installed the NVG Mod for my DCS modules (A-10C, P-51D, Huey, Mi-8 and of course the KA-50) but for be honest to the final and today I'm very lost with this Mod.

Please anybody can help me for found and install correctly this awesome Mod ?

There's two version for the NVG Mod, one for the A-10C and other Mod for KA-50, right ?

After all these month I'm very lost, please can you give me the good link for the NVG Mod for the A-10C and other modules and also for the KA-50 ?

Because this Mod was enough complex for me I had stoped to use this Mod but today I fly by night with my modules and with the NVG Mod of DCS it's not good, your Mod it's better !!!

Here I give you my monitor definition: 1920 x 1080, please can you help me the most simply as possible ?

Once again I would like to thank you in advance for your help and your explanations, best regards and good sunday, Skull.

PS:

I hope that my Engish is not too poor for my explanations...

Alrighty, lets roll our sleeves up:

First download the nvg_mod_1.0v4b3.zip found in post #147 of page 5 on this thread. It is the latest version and should be sufficient to use for both the A-10C and Ka-50 modules. You will need Notepad++ for part of this mod installation. If you don't have it, you can find it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org

Second, unzip the nvg_mod_1.0v4b3.zip to a location of your choice, the resulting folder has the following sub-folder structure:

nvg_mod_1.0v4b3\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\NightVisionGoogle

nvg_mod_1.0v4b3\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\MaterialFactory

The NightVisionGoogle sub-folder contains the nvg_mod.hlsl and nvd.fx files.

The MaterialFactory sub-folder contains the laserbeam.hlsl file.

It also has the NVG Mod Setup.exe program. This utility will calculate the Size, Centers, and Blurred Rim values for you to replace in the nvg_mod.hlsl file in this extracted nvg_mod_1.0v4b3 folder.

As with other mods, it's always good to backup these folders found in your main dcs world folder.

Third, we will use the NVG Mod Setup.exe program that was extracted. Run the program, and input in your desktop resolution (1920x1080) into the Total Render and Main Device fields beneath the Monitor Setup label in the utility. Then auto calculate the values by clicking on Calculate.

Next copy the resulting following line from the Centers field:

const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.50000f,0.55000f);

const float2 MASK_CENTER = float2(0.50000f,0.55000f);

Run Notepad++, and use it to open the nvg_mod.hlsl file found in the nvg_mod_1.0v4b3 folder you extracted earlier.

Go to lines 18 and 19, and select the following:

const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.25000f,0.55000f);

const float2 MASK_CENTER = float2(0.50000f,0.55000f);

replace it by pasting the Center lines that you copied above.

Then we do a similar procedure with the following lines copied from the Output field:

const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.63281f,1.12500f);

const float2 MASK_SIZE = float2(0.63281f,1.12500f);

Go to lines 39 and 40 and select the following:

const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.29779f,1.05882f);

const float2 MASK_SIZE = float2(0.59559f,1.05882f);

and replace by pasting with the Output lines copied above.

Now comes the last part, similarly we copy the following lines from the Blurred Rim field:

const float INNER_RANGE_MIN = 0.800f;

const float INNER_RANGE_MAX = 0.867f;

const float OUTTER_RANGE_MIN = 0.917f;

const float OUTTER_RANGE_MAX = 1.000f;

const float INNER_RANGE_DIST_MIN = 0.850f;

const float INNER_RANGE_DIST_MAX = 0.917f;

Go to lines 114 to 119 and select the following:

const float INNER_RANGE_MIN = 0.850f;

const float INNER_RANGE_MAX = 0.900f;

const float OUTTER_RANGE_MIN = 0.938f;

const float OUTTER_RANGE_MAX = 1.000f;

const float INNER_RANGE_DIST_MIN = 0.887f;

const float INNER_RANGE_DIST_MAX = 0.938f;

and replace by pasting with the Blurred Rim lines copied above.

Then save the nvg_mod.hlsl file in Notepad++ and that is it. Take the Bazar folder containing the sub-folders with the modded files and replace in your DCS world folder. :)

Edited by Cadarth
  • Like 1

Salute! :3

Hello dear Cadarth,

In first I would like excuse me for the delay of my answer...

In second I would like to thank you for your explanations because now everything is OK and work fine...

Once again a great great thanks for your post, best regards. Skull

Hello dear Cadarth,

In first I would like excuse me for the delay of my answer...

In second I would like to thank you for your explanations because now everything is OK and work fine...

Once again a great great thanks for your post, best regards. Skull

No worries. ^_^ I'm glad that it worked out well for you Skull. :thumbup:

Happy flying. :pilotfly:

- Cad.

Salute! :3

• 1 month later...

yeah, I just had an idea that kinda is a variation of this mod. Well, fighter pilot helmets always have a shaded visor, like sunglasses. Many times in game, if it's really bright, I find myself wishing I could lower a visor to get some better visibility. I realized that there's already the mechanics there to do it, all you'd need to do is rework the NVG mod for all other aircraft, leaving the NVG's for ground attack aircraft and visor for other fighters, and then reword the effect to be a darker tint rather than a bright green filter

• Like 1

A-10A

P1rycbEl.jpg

Su-25A

GRKI5VEl.jpg

Su-25T

m858Egkl.jpg

First install: Realistic NVG Mod by nrgized

For work , use Notepad++ and add the follow lines in:

A-10A: Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\a-10a\keyboard -

Su-25A: Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-25\keyboard -

Su-25T: Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-25T\keyboard -

A-10A

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RShift"}}}, down = iCommandViewNightVisionGogglesOn, name = "Toggle goggles", category = "Sensors"},

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RAlt", "RShift"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = "Gain goggles down", category = "Sensors"},

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RCtrl", "RShift"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up, name = "Gain goggles up", category = "Sensors"},

Su-25A and Su-25T

{combos = {{key = '5'}}, down = iCommandPlaneModeHelmet, name = '(5) Close Air Combat HMD Helmet Mode', category = 'Modes'},

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RAlt", "RShift"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = "Gain goggles down", category = "Sensors"},

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RCtrl", "RShift"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up, name = "Gain goggles up", category = "Sensors"},

Don´t work in A2A aircrafts.

All credits NVG mod are for nrgized, the only thing I've done is integrate in FC3 A2G aircrafts.

Regards

Brisafresca

Edited by Brisafresca

While using the nvg mod, the zoom feature makes it nearly impossible to press buttons unless they are in the very middle of the nvg circle. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

Hi there.

Open up the following file in the NVG Mod package ...Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\NightVisionGoogle\nvg_mod.hlsl

Use Notepad++ preferably but Notepad may suffice.

Look at lines 84 to 93:

// Changes the Circle rendering mode.

//

// 0 = Circle without zoom

// 1 = Circle with zoom

// 2 = Fullscreen without zoom.

//

const int RENDER_MODE = 0;

// Enables a slight distortion along the edges of the NVG glass.

const bool ENABLE_RIM_DISTORT = true;

Make sure that the RENDER MODE is 0 and ENABLE RIM DISTORT is false (mine says true above, but I don't mind it.

That should do the trick, hopefully.

Regards,

Milli