DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

hmm, Someone do the searching for me... Im at work..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fussed about the 190... I always much preferred the 109 but Great news on the F-15c becoming DCS standard and the flanker joining it :thumbup: I'm sure we will get our beloved F-16 and Mig 29's in good time. One thing is for sure.... we'll all be sending a lot of our hard earned wages ED's way over the next few years, I look forward to seeing which aircraft they are taking on and developing themselves, although we probably won't find that out for a long time to come yet.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

When a GOOD F-15E pops up.. you will never see my whining for anything else.. you could all have your zeppelins or what not :smilewink:

...and since there are 2 different teams working on a F-15E .. chances are almost doubled (unless they start a release-race, and deliver an inferior product, ahead of time)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

It was Frazer piloting it I think...

...gone searching :smilewink:

Edit: I had this on my mind...

...and this is one month old. Looks like our good old World, but nicer. Could it be the new EDGE?

This is FS2004 but very nice video of a Mi-8

GGTharos now that Wags announced plenty of aircrafts please repost that Nevada + Mi-8/17 video what you deleted so quickly :(

TY

...or anyone saved this video ? ? ?

Hmmm, looks like a brief look at Creech AFB, DCS Terrain, Nevada:

http://vimeo.com/37725667

I think so, looks like an Mi-8 to me.

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Okay.

Maybe I'm alone.

But THIS is the most exciting news for me in this video:

5ebd8455361e36cbf29fbaaa9324984d.jpg

wub.gif

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Okay.

Maybe I'm alone.

Definitly not! At least, we are two! :smilewink:

I'm dreaming about "D" version... :clap_2:

Edited by Suchacz

It was Frazer piloting it I think...

...gone searching :smilewink:

Edit: I had this on my mind...

[YOUTUBE]

...and this is one month old. Looks like our good old World, but nicer. Could it be the new EDGE?

[YOUTUBE]

No, neither of those are what I was talking about.

Cheers.

No, neither of those are what I was talking about.

1/ If you search on the web, or WAY back in this forum (1 - 2 years), there's a video of a Russian pilot giving a demonstration flight using a full scale Mi-8 pit, with what certainly appears to be DCS world outside the windows.

From the look of the video, there might not be that much development left to do on a Mi-8 sim...

that was what i posted on previous page: GGTharos showed 10 months ago: deleted :(

Hmmm, looks like a brief look at Creech AFB, DCS Terrain, Nevada:

http://vimeo.com/37725667

sign-pic4.jpg

five. Does anyone know if western aircrafts can datalink targets to each other (of different types)? I was wondering about using the Kiowa as a AFAC for AH-1 or A-10 like the Ka-27/Ka-50 pair.

Or you could use the Kiowa as a really close air support (not saying I agree with what goes on in this video though):

${1}

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

five. Does anyone know if western aircrafts can datalink targets to each other (of different types)? I was wondering about using the Kiowa as a AFAC for AH-1 or A-10 like the Ka-27/Ka-50 pair.

Or you could use the Kiowa as a really close air support (not saying I agree with what goes on in this video though):

Im Pretty sure that this would require a continuous datalink to each and all aircraft on the battle field. I think that these aircraft do this on an individual basis A-10 to A-10 F-16s have a good data link I know this,

There are several data link standards in use which require special interfaces that "translate" between them. These interfaces are not implemented in DCS, but i suppose when the first aircraft that does not use SADL becomes available, this could change.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Okay.

Maybe I'm alone.

But THIS is the most exciting news for me in this video:

5ebd8455361e36cbf29fbaaa9324984d.jpg

wub.gif

Agreed! I work on these and they are definitely bad-@$$. Two-million flight hours and over seven-hundred-thousand in combat: Suck it, Apaches! (and it MUST be the D® version. I demand it! j/k)

F-15C? Su-27SM? I very much believe that yes, I will partake. Oh, there will be furballs. Maybe even some final showdowns.

Will almost certainly pick up the Bug, too, but I just have... reservations about multirole jets, even though it can probably hold its own just fine against any other 4th gen bird. And yeah, DCS-level carrier stuff and SEAD will be nice additions.

Gotta say I find the Hind a bit intriguing, as well. We'll see...

One old warbird is enough for me, but I'm really glad it now has a proper opponent.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Impeccable job on this overview, it’s very informative. I posted it on my Facebook wall and sharing as much as I can at work & friends via emails.

Thanks Wags

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

What makes me think that... what i said.... since i can only speculate... thats what i think...

correct me if im wrong but the USAF has nothing in comperison to the kh31 system... that is a game changer.... why?

when dcs world got released with the su25t and the ability to do SEAD/DEAD was a gamechanger... just becouse the elint pod and the kh58 and kh25Mpu

on a side note... relax a bit enjoy flying around....

yes i do online games... find me on the 51st -War- 104th 373... :)

In terms of anti-radar weapons? The Kh-31 is old and probably fairly inferior to the AGM-88. Not that it is useless, just 'not as good'. The 88 will fly pretty far, too, under the right conditions and is very capable of quick reaction to close/sudden threats.

There is no SEAD in DCS. There is only DEAD, with no ability for the SAMs to defend themselves properly from ARMs. This is a simulation issue, and should not be viewed as the 'way things are'. You might find in the near future that the Su-25T is a somewhat poor SEAD platform and that the Kh-31 is itself somewhat limited in certain respects. (Of course, so is the AGM-88 ... there are probably some things that one missile can do that they other cannot :) )

SFAL I think you forget that they said they are making a F-18 also, you know what that means? They can do SEAD also......88's, JDAM's and laser guided bombs smile.gif Let the games begin...it's gonna be fun for both sides.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I'm really hanging out to see the new 6-DOF cockpits coming. A-10A should be an interesting perspective!

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

GG here a look for the deffinitaion on SEAD http://www.fas.org/man/crs/RS21141.pdf

Thats from the DoD

Cali: based on your location and posta you are heavily bisased towards american tech... nothing wrong being a patriot...but you just as almost all on this forum have very little real practical knowlage whats better..... even if you have/had been in the military

the kh31 is 4 years latter system compare to the agm88

yes the F18 is going to be fun as well...

I hope we will see servers with complex missions with only DCS aircraft... not that FC3 isnt fun but its a bit arcadey....

the kh31 is 4 years latter system compare to the agm88

What version? There is no "the agm88". Just recently, with the AGM-88D a new version was introduced that is supposed to have greatly increased capabilities.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The Kh-31PD is a stretched extended range variant of the basic design. There are claims that this variant exploited work performed by Boeing on adapting the Kh-31 as the MA-31 target. Cited range of this variant is more than twice that of the basic missile, using an improved 31DP ramjet and increased fuel tankage. The design employs an improved TsKBA Omsk Avtomatika L-130 wideband seeker, likely providing coverage between 1 to 11 GHz

This is from 2007 . The last on the agm88d is here http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/agm-88.htm and it speculates 2005 for fielding....

What i gather is that the Kh31PD has a range of 200km (+ maybe as russian airforce doctrine relys on the destruction of NATO sams from great distance due to the systems capability.)