DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

I'm also immensely excited about the statements in the video, but I cannot help to think they are kind of vague. Where did Wags ever say that ED is developing the "upcoming hornet", for example? People seem to take this as official news of an ED DCS module.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is talking about those boring fast pipes, but what about Kiowa? Will it be an early "Vietnam" version, or Kiowa Warrior, ver. "D" or above?

It would be great, doing armed scouting, sending targets by datalink (SADL?), doing JTAC missions... it's dream come true :D

that would only work is the trees *cough * worked to block LOS.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

the f117 is a single seater. and for the rest its a matter of simulating the other pilot. not saying its simple just that it is probably not the reason for not having it.

Is it flyable in the game? No bombers are, I'm talking about flyable aircraft....not aircraft in the game.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I'm also immensely excited about the statements in the video, but I cannot help to think they are kind of vague. Where did Wags ever say that ED is developing the "upcoming hornet", for example? People seem to take this as official news of an ED DCS module.

It's little unusual that those modules haven't been announced anywhere outside that video yet. But on the other hand, if they were announced by Wags himself in official DCS media, I think it means something.

Aye quite true. That is how rumours start :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well if it happens, I'm looking forward to the Cobra and Kiowa,

Hunter Killer teams anyone. :)

Still thinking I'm dreaming though, this is too good to be true.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Everybody's understanding and comprehension of the English language varies, but I didn't find anything vague about that video. The list of the up coming dcs and module aircraft blew me away. Of course things are always subject to change but I doubt that video was released as a bible and more of a general overview. It was informative, but not really worth analyzing every frame and word for hidden meanings and metaphors. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

I hope ED doesn't decide that Su-27SM is a subject that could change. I believe the news about Su-27SM is giving a lot of motivation at least to me. I believed that Su-27 was out of the game witch made me quite sad. My hope was F-18 but ED announced that they will develop Su-27 And F-18, it feels like a dream, So good to know what we should expect, it is motivating.

ED is on the right track!!!

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I hope ED doesn't decide that Su-27SM is a subject that could change. I believe the news about Su-27SM is giving a lot of motivation at least to me. I believed that Su-27 was out of the game witch made me quite sad. My hope was F-18 but ED announced that they will develop Su-27 And F-18, it feels like a dream, So good to know what we should expect, it is motivating.

+1 on that!

Nice to see a wonderful plane like Flanker to get the attention it deserves! I fell like a kid before Christmas right now!

Please note, that all we know, these titles are NOT developed by ED!

So ED's partners are right on track,

motivate ED's partners to not drop the SU-27SM nor the F-18

and don't expect 3rd-Party-creations on par with the details you know from the A-10C.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

and don't expect 3rd-Party-creations on par with the details you know from the A-10C.

yes Im aware of that, Mig-21bis from beczl will show us if 3rd party developers are able to make ED community satisfied, Everything depend on how the aicraft feels when flying and landing, That is the essence, the systems are important as well but not as the flight model, if you ask me.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

I think it's a combination of ED and partners developing these titles. There are no details on who is developing what except an unofficial list posted, but I can see ED developing the F/A-18 C in house as opposed to 3rd party.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Aye quite true. That is how rumours start :D

An F/A-18C and a Su-27SM are in development for DCS. That´s the information in the video - more than has been directly said in regard to this subject than ever before. There isn´t much which could be misinterpreted about that, or is there?

If they post such a video they must previously have considered what kind of reaction they will get. For exactly those reasons they have never confirmed rumors about the F-18-module or anything else before. If they make this little bit of information public now, what else could it mean? Did they "hide" it in the video because they were afraid of the F-16 fanbase and their reaction?

Based on past experience it may seem quite a bit too much coming from ED all at once (even more so since they have two ongoing betas and a new unfinished engine/map), so 3rd party probably has to play a big part in the development of the titles that were announced. The only question is in how far it will impact on module quality and depth...

Edited by upupandaway
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

yes Im aware of that, Mig-21bis from beczl will show us if 3rd party developers are able to make ED community satisfied, Everything depend on how the aicraft feels when flying and landing, That is the essence, the systems are important as well but not as the flight model, if you ask me.

Of course. That will be a fantastic module.

I'm just calling for a little more realistic view and not to mix up 3rd-party modules made for DCS and DCS-made modules, as it is currently happening a lot in this thread.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Of course. That will be a fantastic module.

I'm just calling for a little more realistic view and not to mix up 3rd-party modules made for DCS and DCS-made modules, as it is currently happening a lot in this thread.

That´s the biggest open question adter the annoucement...

However, if the F-18 and Su-27 are listed in one sentence next to the MiG-21bis they have to be detailed as ****. biggrin.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

An F/A-18C and a Su-27SM are in development for DCS. That´s the information in the video - more than has ever been directly said in regard to this subject than ever before. There isn´t much which could be misinterpreted about that, or is there?

If they post such a video they must previously have considered what kind of reaction they will get. For exactly those reasons they have never confirmed rumors about the F-18-module or anything else before. If they make this little bit of information public, what else could it mean? Did they "hide" it in the video because they were afraid of the F-16 fanbase and their reaction?

Based on past experience it may seem quite a bit too much coming from ED all at once (even more so since they have two ongoing betas and a new unfinished engine/map), so 3rd party probably has to play a big part in the development of the titles that were announced. The only question is in how far it will impact on module quality and depth...

exactly, ED is not famous for talking that much. No one know if they will be able to for fill this ambitious plans but at least it is a goal that I hope they stick to.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

exactly, ED is not famous for talking that much. No one know if they will be able to for fill this ambitious plans but at least it is a goal that I hope they stick to.

Wags named that famous list, but that is only one half. The second, untold half is that he stated ED's plans for next fifty years... :lol:

• Like 1