DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

they was a poll not long ago when 3rd party arrived on the scene. I think that was on IRIS section. It asked which kind of aircraft level of simulation DCS customer would expect, and those guys seemed to believe that FC simulation style would win the poll.

Well, everyone asked for DCS level of simulation.

I unfortunately expect a lot of drama, debate and speculation in a close future, about is that aircraft above, below or up to the "DCS A10C Simulation Level"

I'm sure we'll have good aircraft, maybe some less good, but as far as i can see in most public message from develloper, they understood the message from the community and are all heading to DCS style of simulation.

I just really hope ED will have quality control on products, such Apple Store is doing with their Ipad apps.

----

By the way - i don't think we can really speculate about developpment time, from the P51 example : That one was a side project that ended on a final product. I think they were fully focused on it and allocating large ressources until the decision to get it sold was done.

• Like 1

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I'm more negative than most here. When thinking of the time waiting for 3rd party modules and expecting they are going to take on the fidelity of the likes of DCS: A-10C, I think of the time I waited for Microsoft Flight in terms of expectations. And most of us know how that ended up...

• Like 1

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Just when I've managed to put ms flight out of my mind... :smilewink: I agree though, with the exception of a few (Hawk, L-39 etc) I am keeping my expectations lower for third party developers... hopefully this will leave me pleasantly surprised when a few true DCS quality addons do start to appear. Also, Maybe as DCS world grows bigger and attracts more and more paying customers, ED will be able to expand their team and pop out DCS modules at a slightly higher rate. That said, while I am as impatient as anyone on here, I'd rather wait longer and receive modules that match the quality of DCS: A10c. A little more in terms of development updates would no doubt be widely appreciated and keep us happy however, even if there isn't much to tell.

+1 I just took a peek at SevenG's F-18 Python. Their attention to detail is very nice. The shaking and warping of the wings adds another level of realism. thumbup.gif I hope ED takes a page from that and I know they're more than capable of doing it.

I know, wouldn't it be quite something to have those features in DCS world, as you say, it adds immensely to the realism. I think SevenG will do well with the DCS crowed... if they ever release it.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Wing shaking is nice effect, but i won't mention it as "immensely". When i fly in DCS, i watch my hud, my targets, certainly not my wings. They is a way more things that can improve realism such as better ground operation dynamics (which impact where and where not to fly)

To me, collidable trees would be a "immense realistic step". imho wings is just a minor graphic detail.

• Like 1

+1 I just took a peek at SevenG's F-18 Python. Their attention to detail is very nice. The shaking and warping of the wings adds another level of realism. :thumbup: I hope ED takes a page from that and I know they're more than capable of doing it.

I know, wouldn't it be quite something to have those features in DCS world, as you say, it adds immensely to the realism. I think SevenG will do well with the DCS crowed... if they ever release it.

Yes, it will be something. Apparently it´s already there.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1640789&postcount=260

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

no, but they wont in real life either (not visible anyway) they are very thick to beggin with.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Dose A-10C wing flex in DCS?

No. Well at least I haven't noticed it.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Very nice video thanks. I must get back flying the Frog!

Do you think ED would ever make the free T-Toad with 6 DOF? After playing A10 and BS so much it is hard to go back to these "basic" planes with no clickable pit or 6DoF. A 6DoF pit would make the 25t much more appealing/fun to fly.

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

But they Snap off if you pull too many Gs with a Heavy Load on them :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wing shaking is nice effect, but i won't mention it as "immensely". When i fly in DCS, i watch my hud, my targets, certainly not my wings.

While I admit the wing flex is a small edition, I think you may be selling it short. Imagine for a second if you will....

You are sat in the cockpit of your DCS: F-18, your flying low and fast after just attacking your target, but out of no where... A mig on your six! Thanks to the wonder that is TrackIr you are one with the cockpit. You look around instinctively, back and forth over your shoulder while turning and burning hard to shake off the mig... the wings are flexing and the vortexes are screaming off your leading edge extensions as you pull high G's... you forget you are sat in a comfy chair... the cup of tea in front of you has become nothing but a blur in your peripheral vision. In this moment you are there, Of course the mighty hornet doesn't let you down and you get onto the migs six before taking him out in a blaze of glory and heading home for a victory roll over the airfield before a right telling off after buzzing the tower ;)

A perfect future of course, but for all of DCS worlds greatness it is a future within it's grasp I think, and all through a few small editions..... a man can dream :joystick:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

:cry: I hope so.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

These were made years ago.

Mi-24-2.jpg

Mi-24-1.jpg

F-16-2.jpg

F-16-1.jpg

I'm sure in due time we will see that F-16.

Any chance you can give us the links to what posts these came from?

Also, what aircraft is that first cockpit from? im not familiar with russian aircrafts at all.

thanks.

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Any chance you can give us the links to what posts these came from?

Also, what aircraft is that first cockpit from? im not familiar with russian aircrafts at all.

thanks.

Mi-24-1.jpg

So 2 seat hellicopter with 'bubble' shaped cockpits that E.D might have said they were working on... What could that be ?

a_Mil_Mi-24_D_-_Cockpit_vorne_1.jpg

http://www.bredow-web.de/Luftwaffenmuseum/Hubschrauber/Mil_Mi-24P_/Cockpit_Mil_Mi-24/cockpit_mil_mi-24.html

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

See the collective near the floor bottom left of the cockpit (?), and the bubble shape in the long view ?

That give you a clue ?

I know it's a helicopter, what helicopter is what I was asking

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Just catching up and found this funny:

You mistaken the F-15C with D or other improved and UP-TO-DATE versions.. of course the up-to-date version of F-15 can be more than an equal to even Eurofighter.. but it cannot be SUPERIOR anymore. .

"more than an equal" = ">"

">" = "SUPERIOR"

Your bias invalidated its own argument with bias; ergo, bias for the win/loss, or BFTW/L.

LOL.