DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

The only thing that seems odd to me is many of these a/c have never been mentioned by ED or 3rd party. It would seem that skimming through a list of future development stuff without the "official announcement" that are always so fun around here seems to steal some of the 3rd party's thunder. Not that, that stuff matters to me. I'm just excited that my hobbie has a bright future.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following is of course just "circumstancial evidence", but several facts point toward a DCS: F/A-18C and possibly DCS:Su-27SM.

- Beczl´s MiG-21bis serves as a kind of model for the feasability of DCS level 3rd patry modules. The F-18 and Su-27 were announced as modules alongside with the MiG-21.

- There also was a a new F-15C which is probably not going to be FC3-level, but something more detailed (DCS-level?). They did not differentiate between the F-15 and the other modules.

- Switch connectors in F-15C cokpit - clickable - DCS-level?

- Would they put it there so prominently if it´s just gonna be a FC3-level F-18/Su-27? The only LoFi-aircraft that have been released to date all came in a package named FC3... Unless they are released together in a package like FC3.1, what are they?

- New cockpit and models for Su-27 - switch connectors?

- In the video they talk vaguely about carrier ops with the F-18 and it´s specific mission envelope.

- ED has registered the F-18-domain

- Next module - fixed wing US fighter - at least one of them has to be... :D

Oh, I forgot "subject to change"

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Wags named that famous list, but that is only one half. The second, untold half is that he stated ED's plans for next fifty years... :lol:

:megalol::megalol: Now that's funny!! I will say that I am a bit troubled with the rate of releases as well. Yes, there are modules still in beta, FC3 and CA, but it's been over a year since a modern fighter or attack plane has been released. With that... does anyone have glimmer of vers 1.2.3?? It was mentioned to be released mid January. Well we are a little over that mark now.

Still I very much look forward to these releases and will continue to be a huge ED fan. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I think, that everything about DCS aircraft anouncements/development/releases depends on ED/TFC's secret military contracts. Those are (imho) generating most of their economic income. Public releases are only minor branch of their activities.

I think, that everything about DCS aircraft anouncements/development/releases depends on ED/TFC's secret military contracts. Those are (imho) generating most of their economic income. Public releases are only minor branch of their activities.

It must be. Wags stated that they usually hope to break even on their customer releases. I can´t imagine how they could run a business over 20 years like that... Maybe Putin just likes to fly online battles with real Su-27 pilots and so he ordered the development of a module. Of course he would need suitable opponents, so he also ordered the F-18 and the F-15.:music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

:megalol::megalol: Now that's funny!! I will say that I am a bit troubled with the rate of releases as well. Yes, there are modules still in beta, FC3 and CA, but it's been over a year since a modern fighter or attack plane has been released. With that... does anyone have glimmer of vers 1.2.3?? It was mentioned to be released mid January. Well we are a little over that mark now.

Still I very much look forward to these releases and will continue to be a huge ED fan. :thumbup:

That's if you discard DCS:World + modules, auto-updater/patches versus full downloads every time. Not to mention how much quicker we get major bug fixes now...

Constant improvements of munitions, both in form and fuction. CBU-97/105 ring a bell? New AFM for AA missiles ring a bell?

Update and release of FC3.

Update and release of SU-25T as a free aircraft in DCS:W to encourage new player base.

Update and improve on AI 3d objects in game to include some new airports/AB.

Update and improve new effects and visuals.

Allowing, working with and supporting 3rd party developers......... Seriously, on this one I'm sure many of ED's team take a "minute or two" to support and help 3rd party developers. Random stuff can come up and only ED would be able to help in some cases - like implementing features that the 3rd party devs are requesting.... This would take time out of development in other areas.

With that being said, we are all anxious for a new fast mover. I cannot stress how much I want an F-18 right now. FC3 helped a bit, but wasn't enough for me. ED is busy with the development and they are working hard.

I can only imagine that the revenue from a DCS level fast mover would far exceed the revenue of FC3 - I'm sure they would have loved to have been far enough along in develoment to release DCS:Next months ago.

Also, when it comes to the number of modules that are released yearly as others have mentioned... With 3rd party Devs, I hope we get to a point where there are roughly 2-3 modules released per year. If "most" DCS level modules take, roughly, 2 years to complete we may see this hapen. It will keep our "appetite" sedated while allowing the Devs to do their thing. Now, granted, if your favorite bird isn't released and you are waiting on that one it will seem like what we see today - regardless of how many modules are released between now and then.

When it comes to price, as some have mentioned.... Don't count on very many modules starting out at $40... If I was a betting man I'd wager most modules, at initial release, will start in the $70-100 range. 2-3 months later you'll probably see them drop to $40 and then later on you'd probably see them on sale for $10-20 like you do now.

Again, patience guys and we are at the precipice of an avalanche of information and releases...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

While I'm incredibly excited about the F-18, and assuming it is indeed a DCS title like we all hope it is. I just hope ED can integrate a few new effects to really create the illusion of being in the cockpit, specifically vapor, vibrations and the relevant sounds that come with it, along with little things like wing flex which make a huge contribution. If the tiny team behind SevenG F-18 can do it, I'm sure ED can. Imagine this within the high quality confines of DCS world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce6OUCSbB7Y

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Imagine this within the high quality confines of DCS world...

Aye - cannot wait......Guns guns.......splash 1 :P

f18fgunf22.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

:cry: simply beautiful! :clap_2:

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Noone knows whether sevenG is actually still alive. Last updatenews were given mid 2012. It says 90% done...everones freaking out and since then...no update and no comment by the Dev Team anymore...we´ll see

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Another addition to speculations:

The F-86F was also mentioned, MilViz.com has an add on for FSX of the F-86, the most logical thing for a developer making military aircraft for FSX would be to bring them into a simulator thats based on combat, which leads me to think that Milviz is an un-announced 3rd party developer who would be bringing their F-86 to DCSW.

Just speculation...

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Dcs will have just put itself into my No1 sim of all time and it can have any of my money it wants. :)

Since we're a relatively small niche community, I would venture to say that most of us would gratefully open our wallets (or purses) for the modules mentioned in the video. This is especially true for the F/A-18C, Su-27SM, F-15C, and FW-190.

Perhaps ED could use Kickstarter to get more financial support for each of these modules, and provide frequent project updates to those who give generously. Heck, I would probably kick in almost 100 USD for each of those modules for early alpha access, insider updates, and the ability to provide feedback.

Aye - cannot wait......Guns guns.......splash 1 :P

I know... care to elaborate on more details of Exactly what it is you can't wait for? :music_whistling:

Ha, seriously though, I hope SevenG comes off as well as it looks mighty promising and you can't have too many good flight sims. that said, if ED implemented the aforementioned features we'll probably never need another sim again...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Ha, seriously though, I hope SevenG comes off as well as it looks mighty promising and you can't have too many good flight sims.

+1 I just took a peek at SevenG's F-18 Python. Their attention to detail is very nice. The shaking and warping of the wings adds another level of realism. :thumbup: I hope ED takes a page from that and I know they're more than capable of doing it.

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Please note, that all we know, these titles are NOT developed by ED!

So ED's partners are right on track,

motivate ED's partners to not drop the SU-27SM nor the F-18

and don't expect 3rd-Party-creations on par with the details you know from the A-10C.

how do you know these ?

you will be very surprised if ED will bring into DCS all the mentioned aircrafts except MiG-21Bis by BeczL and UH-1H by BelsimTek

i think ED warned or called so: suggested to all 3rd party teams not to make F-18, F-15, Su-27, F-16, AH-64, MiG-29, Mi-8, Mi-24, Mi-28, Ka-52, F-86 etc. DCS titles because ED have plans to make these moduls

Another addition to speculations:

The F-86F was also mentioned, MilViz.com has an add on for FSX of the F-86, the most logical thing for a developer making military aircraft for FSX would be to bring them into a simulator thats based on combat, which leads me to think that Milviz is an un-announced 3rd party developer who would be bringing their F-86 to DCSW.

Just speculation...

i guess same happened with F-86. can you remember Wags had an avatar pic of an F-86 aircraft just before he changed his pic to P-51D ? as far as i remember about two years ago

do you think that was accidental or random coz i dont think so

i think everything was decided already many years ago ...maybe 4-5 years ago already

sign-pic4.jpg

ED Model develop take many time, not sure, but in the forum can be found the develop of P-51 starting 5-6 years ago.

yes, i am talking about this too: 5-6 years as Yo-yo said, but dont think they cant make some moduls parallelly in same time

as GGTharos wrote 9 women will not bring a baby in one month

but one woman CAN bring 4-5 babies in 9 months ! :D

sign-pic4.jpg

ED Model develop take many time, not sure, but in the forum can be found the develop of P-51 starting 5-6 years ago.

Really, you think so ?

There's a search function - how long between the first public mention of a P-51 and the release of the public Beta ?

(the first public mention I can find is Jan 2012

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1381981&postcount=1

I think the public Beta came out June ? so 4 1/2 months after the product was announced ?)

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

hey Weta i think Dragon (and me) is talking about full developing time :smartass: which is (was) 8-9 years and not months (by Yo-Yo)

time from announcing to releasing is another story

quotes:

- Generally the history of ED research works went on a spiral. Many years ago the first prop was modelled and a piston engine. Then Ka-50 went in production and got enhanced rotor grown from the prop and turboshaft growing from the piston engine at high price of day-and-night work .

A-10 got its turbofan derived from Ka-50 engines (the same math but more complicated).

Ka-50 downwash model finally gave P-51 model and a little downshifting of gas-turbine engine gave V1650-7.

- Yo-Yo, can you tell us in which period this was? Was the P-51x that "first prop"?

- Yes, it was P-51D , at least the visual model . 2003-2004 as far as I remember.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1588983#post1588983

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Please note, that all we know, these titles are NOT developed by ED!

So ED's partners are right on track,

motivate ED's partners to not drop the SU-27SM nor the F-18

and don't expect 3rd-Party-creations on par with the details you know from the A-10C.

We really don't know who is developing those modules.

But whoever is making them, it does not mean they will be below A-10C level of fidelity. Look at Beczl wit his Mig-21. In some aspects, he's setting new standards for DCS, actually. Belsimtek's UH-1 seems to aim nowhere below A-10C standard, too. The same can be said for L-39 or Hawk developed for DCS, for example. Other 3rd party devs claim that they're trying to achieve the same with their modules.

Generally, A-10C fidelity modules are what this community asks for, and 3rd parties are trying to deliver. So I'd expect nothing less with those newly announced ones.

Finally, one has to have close relations with RuAF / Sukhoi to get a license for modelling Su-27SM for entertainment sim. This seems like a good reason to hope for a high fidelity module, too.