DCS 1.2.3 Update Now Available

Wags

More ground units and more players is very possible, but it depends on the mission. Note how it says complex missions, not any mission.

In a simple airquake mission for example, you should be able to have many more without any problems, providing the host has a fast enough upload and the clients have reasonable pings.

But it you have a more complex mission using multiple client aircraft and combined arms, then staying below 16 clients will ensure you avoid problems.

Until ED have time & resources to totally rewrite the net code, and probably until the dedicated server is available, it's the best we're likely to get.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow how to spark peeps , say there's an update but the updater doesn't work "yet" .... not really much use than is it... and yes i see the other posts but to be fair i shouldnt even have to go on a forum to look this stuff up-

It does work. Three hours is a delay in a similar league to my height. (Tiny :D) It's available for download. Also you don't need to go on a forum. It's even in the main menu of the GAME for god's sake.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Kinex and Ramstein. Coff already said the auto updater will be ready in 2.5 hours. that was about a half hour ago. Give auto updater more time.

wow how to spark peeps , say there's an update but the updater doesn't work "yet" .... not really much use than is it... and yes i see the other posts but to be fair i shouldnt even have to go on a forum to look this stuff up-

The auto updater always takes a little longer, think we are looking at around 2 hrs. They are working on it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

This isnt Battlefield 3, you're not gonna get 64 players on a server with the amount of data that is transmitted.

To that note, I've been in missions with 20+ Pilots with no problems.

I think 16 Pilots and 300 ground objects is a pretty decent guideline.

Cliffs of Dover thousands of ground objects and 80+ pilots online, not that I was expecting that ;)

But I was expecting a 32 player recommendation with all the hype.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Ground object ≠ Ground Unit

DCS has thousands of ground objects to btw.

I was responding to this...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1685172&postcount=57

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I know, you can have 80 pilots online in DCS to, given the right circumstances.

Don't forget that the simulation of ground equipment in DCS is unlike anything else in the gaming (simulation) industries and requires a lot of bandwidth.

Also it doesn't mean 16 is a hard limit, only for complex missions whit about 400 units, if mission is less complex it can be more, if you have less units it can be more even still.

32 players should be possible no problems, just don't accompany them by 3 S300 sites and 3 Patriot Sites as well.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I know, you can have 80 pilots online in DCS to, given the right circumstances.

Don't forget that the simulation of ground equipment in DCS is unlike anything else in the gaming (simulation) industries and requires a lot of bandwidth.

Also it doesn't mean 16 is a hard limit, only for complex missions whit about 400 units, if mission is less complex it can be more, if you have less units it can be more even still.

32 players should be possible no problems, just don't accompany them by 3 S300 sites and 3 Patriot Sites as well.:D

:lol:

I do realize that there is A LOT more going on that other sims but I was just expecting the number to be a bit higher.

Project IX Cockpit

OK yeah the patch isn't downloaded to anyone's machine yet and folks are already whining about it. I love this forum and flight simmers in general, but sometimes you guys make me ashamed to be associated with you...

GROW UP

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

:lol:

I do realize that there is A LOT more going on that other sims but I was just expecting the number to be a bit higher.

Maybe in the future, and maybe it is whit a really good host. For now this is what we have to deal whit though, and at least we now have an idea on what the code can handle.

Anyway's glad i could make you lough.:thumbup:

OK yeah the patch isn't downloaded to anyone's machine yet and folks are already whining about it. I love this forum and flight simmers in general, but sometimes you guys make me ashamed to be associated with you...

GROW UP

Would it make you feel any better if i waited till after installing the patch?

(sorry, just couldn't resist)

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

OK yeah the patch isn't downloaded to anyone's machine yet

Hey ive had it downloaded since 17:00 hrs, only took 26 mins. ;) But i agree with your setiments.

lets test it first before the complaints start.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hold on, you've had it for two hours and you haven't told us anything about it?

For shame Cowboy10uk, for shame.

ah but i not installed it. I have a quick connection, but the rest of my flight dosnt. So have to wait for them to upgrade otherwise we wouldnt be able to fly with each other.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More ground units and more players is very possible, but it depends on the mission. Note how it says complex missions, not any mission.

In a simple airquake mission for example, you should be able to have many more without any problems, providing the host has a fast enough upload and the clients have reasonable pings.

But it you have a more complex mission using multiple client aircraft and combined arms, then staying below 16 clients will ensure you avoid problems.

Until ED have time & resources to totally rewrite the net code, and probably until the dedicated server is available, it's the best we're likely to get.

Thanks,

Im pretty sure the Coding Priority was Stability over quantity, (<- That's My assumption, not an official response from ED at all)

ie, Stoppign the Crashes in MP, not making it 64 player capable. was the Goal.

Im pretty sure as the features all get finalized and as the Netcode is optimized further, the recommended Client counts will rise.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Very very good point Eddie. I am sure ED will continue to chip away at the MP code as time and versions go by and when that dedi-server is available look out! The feature coupled with an good machine will be a true host that can handle the traffic and all the processes a dedicated server should. Keep up the good work Matt & ED staff and most of us reasonable fans shall continue to exercise our patience. :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It does work. Three hours is a delay in a similar league to my height. (Tiny :D) It's available for download. Also you don't need to go on a forum. It's even in the main menu of the GAME for god's sake.

Where?

I have A-10C and DCS World and do not see it.

Fate is inexorable...

Just a little clarification, is there an incremental 1.2.3 patch i can download from the site, or i'll need to pretty much download everything again and install all the 1.2.3 versions of every module i bought, plus DCS World?

Is the autoupdater doing the same thing, or it will download just the incremental patch?

Thanks for your reply, first time i have to update the game :P

Very very good point Eddie. I am sure ED will continue to chip away at the MP code as time and versions go by and when that dedi-server is available look out! The feature coupled with an good machine will be a true host that can handle the traffic and all the processes a dedicated server should. Keep up the good work Matt & ED staff and must of us reasonable fans shall continue to exercise our patience. :thumbup::thumbup:

I have a 16 Core AMD Server with 128GB of Ram and Teamed Dual GigaBit LAN Network on two separate DOCSIS 3.0 Modems sitting in my room doing nothing

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just a little clarification, is there an incremental 1.2.3 patch i can download from the site, or i'll need to pretty much download everything again and install all the 1.2.3 versions of every module i bought, plus DCS World?

Is the autoupdater doing the same thing, or it will download just the incremental patch?

Thanks for your reply, first time i have to update the game :P

Just wait for the autoupdater and that should take care of everything.

Where?

I have A-10C and DCS World and do not see it.

In the news box. See screenshot :P

Screen_130226_191817.thumb.jpg.bca429043dd2437f41989a5a5a72f480.jpg

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I'll have it downloaded in 1 year, 5 weeks at my current rate :)

Really I'm just downloading everything as a backup, and will use the autoupdater when it's ready. 'til then, i'm just passing the time in here and some other forums.