F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Dude hook a brother up!! I would gladly pay 120-150 for the hotas. Being a hornet guy, once this module is released this will be my primary plane, if I use anything else it might be a miricle lol. Would be fantastic to have an actual 18 hotas instead of having to reprogram my warthog. Keep on the hard work and know that it will be greatly appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
$500? Are you joking?

For a custom-designed and built precision joystick? I'd pay that. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

$500 for custom build, high precision HOTAS would be a steal. Though I think here about full product. If this will end up as a replacement grip for TH Warthog I would go for $150-250. Maybe a bit less if you compare it to the price of MFG pedals.

$500? Are you joking?

i am not joking - i am saying that is what it is WORTH - that's what i would pay for it

hegykc has to make a business decision and set a price that will make it worth it for him to do this --- he can't price it at $10,000 or he won't sell any - and he can't go out of business just so precious little intruder505 can have one for 45cents

he's going to have to find a sweet spot where he maximizes both sales and profit

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am not joking - i am saying that is what it is WORTH - that's what i would pay for it

hegykc has to make a business decision and set a price that will make it worth it for him to do this --- he can't price it at $10,000 or he won't sell any - and he can't go out of business just so precious little intruder505 can have one for 45cents

he's going to have to find a sweet spot where he maximizes both sales and profit

Um mate, $500 is more than the Thrustmaster Warthog, so that price point is either obviously a joke, or you don't understand the very business sense you just insulted Intruder for.

At 500 dollars, I would certainly take a pass.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Based on MFG/Slaw pedals prices is not too unrealistic this price range for custom/low quantity stick and throttle production, their manufacture result more complicated, despite use less raw material.

This "low cost" (and DèJáVu F-16 controls) for domestic simulation have a pre-anounced price in 2.000+$ range - if "take-off"... http://www.f-16grips.com/

If there is demand I am sure they will produce the grips or any parts. looks likeF-16 Grips is a parts of http://www.bugeyetech.com/ check the contact us

tradcliff@bugeyetech.com

These guys supply the military I am sure if you purchased something from them it will be high quality.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Based on MFG/Slaw pedals prices is not too unrealistic this price range for custom/low quantity stick and throttle production, their manufacture result more complicated, despite use less raw material.

Well I have the MFG Crosswinds on order slated to be run this month, and am very much looking forward to them - but that is a complete rudder pedal setup.

Here we are talking about a grip that attaches to the Warthog, or maybe I am misunderstanding, which could well be the case? If we are talking a complete setup then that is different.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Through this thread what is notice is that at start the plan seems make Warthog compatible grips and throttle grips, supposedly in 100-120$ range, or at least got that way be some.

To be produced with 3D printer, but looks this dont have acceptable quality (unless using a 100.000$+ printer), but can be used to make models for molds to cast in resin.

In between the plan seems changed for make a entire HOTAS, with proprietary electronics... But the topic title was not changed.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104154&page=59

If the production start with a simple (and affordable) KG-13B grip (only) I will be happy. :)

Other example that this things tend to be expensive.

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Target price for the standalone (warthog and saitek compatible) grip is $125 and it's achievable right now. Dream price would be $59.99 and will need stocking up on raw materials and components, buying in bulk and making several automated tools and rigs. Things I am already preparing for now.

The reason why grips are not already for sale even though they're ready, is that I do not want to get sucked into fulfilling orders all day. Because once that happens, there's no more research and development. Bye bye ejection handles, bye bye base and throttles and bye bye instruments and panels. And most important of all, bye bye production automation and optimization. That's the "sweet trick" every small manufacturer falls for: "money. now." And then they get stuck at just maintaining that level. I'll take the "more money, later." route.

It's a vicious cycle of "sales ASAP=low quantities=low profit margins=high prices=low quantities= ..." and I tend to brake it.

I'm looking at the big picture, and I'm thinking long term. I will have the ground work ready for much bigger and more affordable things, before release, despite the extra time and effort it will take.

Sorry I can't show anything new just yet, but I will take your "thank you's" real soon :music_whistling:

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

You go boy!!! I'm ready to buy some. I've bought the Komodo, TM, MFG to support them (and DCS modules) and I'm all ready for your merchandise, hegykc!

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This is very welcome news. Can't wait to get my hands on all of that stuff. 125 USD for a good grip is a steal!

Do you already have preliminary approximate prices for the base gimbal made of metal?

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Wow just found this thread and I am in awe! That looks really amazing and for a good price.

Are you thinking of any other joystick model designs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

Wow just found this thread and I am in awe! That looks really amazing and for a good price.

Are you thinking of any other joystick model designs?

This. Designs for stuff like the KA-50, Mirage, MiGs etc might be worth doing for the more popular planes/helos out there, Non-US designs are rare in joysticks aimed at the "entertainment" sim market.