1.2.4 CHANGE LOG

Raven68

Queue Wags or Mod reply to stay on Topic of 1.2.4 Release notes below in 3...2....1.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

I hope we won´t see FC4 or more... I think FC series must end here

Greetings

I Agree! I don’t want to offend any FC3 fans in any way. The other day I listened to podcast where WAGS was interviewed talking about DCS world. I think he and the entire team is a group of highly skilled professionals. It’s a waste for them to continue work on FC series. Not profitable for the company they should do what they do the best high fidelity slim aircrafts leave causal gamers with HAWX series. Again it’s only my opinion

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

wasnt it stated that FC3 will be the last FC Product?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

wasnt it stated that FC3 will be the last FC Product?

Thats what I recalled Skates.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

As much as it's cool to have a DCS: F15C i'm not sure I'm that excited about it. I find BVR capable fighters and a2a only fighers in general just so dull.

I feel exactly the same. The F-15 holds very little interest for me, but it's horses for courses and I know that there are many people that feel very differently.

Similarly, I know that there are many people that couldn't care less about the Ka-50 even though it's my favourite simulated aircraft of all time.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I Agree! I don’t want to offend any FC3 fans in any way. The other day I listened to podcast where WAGS was interviewed talking about DCS world. I think he and the entire team is a group of highly skilled professionals. It’s a waste for them to continue work on FC series. Not profitable for the company they should do what they do the best high fidelity slim aircrafts leave causal gamers with HAWX series. Again it’s only my opinion

+1

I bet a new DCS fidelity module would have been released by now if not for the FC3 and Combined Arms nonsense..

I don't know, I think the CA module has a lot of potential especially if it can be opened up to third parties.

It would be interesting if a hardcore simulation tank module was created but I doubt it would be profitable. Tank games died because they are an extremely niche product. But - I have no idea on the current "simulation rate" of ground units and the amount of work needed to upgrade it to the DCS standard (comparable with planes).. So who knows?

Nevertheless there must be a team of tank-lovers in need of a good basis and engine. After all Falcon BMS is a non-profit product of a bunch of enthsiasts (yes, based on Falcon 4 - a nice simulator on its own - but the amount of work on the systems and FM is still unbelievable).

MSI Z77A-G43 MOBO - Intel Core i5-3470 / oc.3,8 GHz (Zalman CNPS10X Performa) - MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB 2400 MHz - ATX Corsair TX 750W PSU - HDD Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB - HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB - SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB - Aerocool XPredator - Saitek X52 Pro - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 Pro

Here is begging of the interview where with WAGS

He talks about DCS and future of the company also I believe at some point he mentioned that they will pick certain ground units and advance detail them but not sure. One thing Matt has a great narrator voice I could listen to his audio books.

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I think I can answer that one, multiplayer kill messeges have been revised and now show all losses/deaths correctly - which also means that if you try to jump aircraft to avoid a loss/giving the attacker the kill it won't work anymore (a common tactic some were using regularly)

Its not always the case.

AC A kills B

B kills A after A got kill msg

B gets kill msg with no ID on B

I hope this makes it clear

I don't know, I think the CA module has a lot of potential especially if it can be opened up to third parties.

The way I see it, CA is just laying the groundwork for a dedicated high fidelity ground sim to be developed. Most of the features would be complimentary to any ground module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be interesting if a hardcore simulation tank module was created but I doubt it would be profitable. Tank games died because they are an extremely niche product. But - I have no idea on the current "simulation rate" of ground units and the amount of work needed to upgrade it to the DCS standard (comparable with planes).. So who knows?

Nevertheless there must be a team of tank-lovers in need of a good basis and engine. After all Falcon BMS is a non-profit product of a bunch of enthsiasts (yes, based on Falcon 4 - a nice simulator on its own - but the amount of work on the systems and FM is still unbelievable).

Actually, there is one tank sim on the market that is available to the public. It's called Steel Beasts Pro PE (Personal Edition). It's not as beautiful as DCS products, but I heard that the level of detail and immersion is unparalleled. It's all about tactics, positioning and communications. It's a bit expensive though, but if you're into tank warfare you should definitely try it out.

http://www.esimgames.com/index.htm

Wasn't ED also working on a tank game with another company....some faint echo in the back of my mind....can't remember a name or a website though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Wasn't ED also working on a tank game with another company....some faint echo in the back of my mind....can't remember a name or a website though.

There was a guy making his own tank simulator that asked ED if he could develop modules for DCS World.

Though for the moment ED will not allow this yet.

(believe reason was CA still being either in Beta or just very new)

Maybe that's what your remembering?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

There was a guy making his own tank simulator that asked ED if he could develop modules for DCS World.

I think I remember this guy as well... Wasn't this project called "America's Armor"?

http://www.americasarmor.com/

i disagree :book:

Su-27: built 700+, countries operating: 10+

vs.

MiG-29: built 1500+, countries operating: 30+

:v:

MiG-29 is better match for F-16 and F-18

Not to mention that most countries don't have much use for a long range air superiority fighter like the F-15C or Su-27. Most want the versatility of a short range front line fighter that can perform multiple roles to respond to a variety of situations effectively and relatively cheaply. This is primarily why the F-16 and MiG-29 are such popular takes with smaller countries, whereas you see larger countries like the U.S., Russia, China, etc. Operating more specialized aircraft in larger quantities.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Nope....now it was bugging me so I had to look it up:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fizvestia.ru%2Fnews%2F541639&act=url

It's called Total Combat Strike a multiplatform tank game to compete with World of tanks etc..

but anyways were getting waaay OT for patch notes :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

This looks like a nice change list but I was really hoping to see something about the major FPS issues with smoke, P-51 gunfire smoke FPS hits and finally the CBU FPS hit.

These are things that are essential parts of the sim and we need them fixed more than we need some other things, perhaps even rolling back to previous effects that were less likely to cause problems.

I know bugs are part of the software development process but issues like the CBU FPS hit have been around long enough that they should have been fixed months ago, hopefully the smoke issue (not just aircraft smoke) and the P-51 gun smoke issue are not allowed to linger as long.

yes, I hope(d) for a fix for P51 gun fire also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least