Huey wish list

ebabil

10 hours ago, heloguy said:

I think the problem someone might have with this is that you don't have to press the IDLE STOP REL button to advance to idle.  Only to go below idle when you're shutting down, so it's not realistic to how the aircraft is actually started.  You should be able to pull the trigger, wait for N1 to rise to the appropriate percent, and then simply twist the throttle until you are past the idle stop to introduce fuel.  Small difference, but it might matter to some.

Pressing the IDLE STOP REL button, while the throttle is at the idle stop position, below the idle stop itself, would emulate moving the throttle to the idle position, which you cannot do with but a very few collective controllers, and which is exactly how every other module does it - exactly the same.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

39 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Pressing the IDLE STOP REL button, while the throttle is at the idle stop position, below the idle stop itself, would emulate moving the throttle to the idle position, which you cannot do with but a very few collective controllers, and which is exactly how every other module does it - exactly the same.

It would be nice to be able to do it the way it actually works, though, for those that want it.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

22 minutes ago, heloguy said:

It would be nice to be able to do it the way it actually works, though, for those that want it.

That would require having a collective controller, which very few people have. If ED wants to do that as well, I would certainly have nothing against it - more power to you, brother. But the solution which would advantage everyone would have to take precedence IMHO.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

15 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

That would require having a collective controller, which very few people have. If ED wants to do that as well, I would certainly have nothing against it - more power to you, brother. But the solution which would advantage everyone would have to take precedence IMHO.

You could use the realistic way with any controller.  You’d just need to press a button to let it go back past idle for shutdown.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 1 month later...

XM26 weapons system would make the huey much more capable against armor and is really the only addtion i would like to see but due to them only ever being mounted on a uh 1b i doubt ill see it

im sure its already been mentioned but door and nose mounted m5? or m75? grenade launcher [ i understand the h model couldnt be armed with them due to the shorter airframe i think dont quote me on that] but would be entertaining

the Gau-16 would be interesting

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, hannibal said:

decoupled user/camera view of the doorgun (no more 'gun' face')

In "pancake" / "2D" mode, gunsight and player's view are uncoupled. Isn't that so in VR?

(for a strange reason, my track shows them coupled evnen though they weren't when I played...)

huey gunner view and gunsight uncoupled.trk

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

26 minutes ago, Flappie said:

In "pancake" / "2D" mode, gunsight and player's view are uncoupled. Isn't that so in VR?

i didnt look at your download, but i will report that..

THE DOOR GUN is working PERFECTLY in virtual reality for the UH-1H

please do Not change it!

In pancake 2D mode, it is also working PERFECTLY, in which using the command Rshift + T will uncouple the camera view from the the gunsight...

PLEASE allow this same function for the Mi-8MTV-2, the Gazelle minigun variant, and a future Mi24 doorgun capability!!

@Flappie

IN VR..

in 2D (rshift - T)

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Great! I guess I can remove this feature from the wishlist. 😉 Thanks for your quick feedback.

I'll ask about the Mi-8 and Minigun Gazelle.

By the way, seeing your video, I guess this is already implemented too?  👇

"Analog axis assignments for doorgunner actions (gun up/down, left/right) mappable to joysticks (not only for mouse)"

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

25 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Great! I guess I can remove this feature from the wishlist. 😉 Thanks for your quick feedback.

I'll ask about the Mi-8 and Minigun Gazelle.

By the way, seeing your video, I guess this is already implemented too?  👇

"Analog axis assignments for doorgunner actions (gun up/down, left/right) mappable to joysticks (not only for mouse)"

Yes, that is correct. 

Analog axis assignments have been implemented for doorgun only for the hUEY , both for head tracking (VR/TrackIR), and for non headtracking (pancake 2d) 

I thank @PilotMi8 and @MatveyTsivinyuk for making this possible for the UH1H ( MY WISH IS THAT THERE IS A WWII PLANEssss with multiplayer client playable gun turrets)

along with Mi8 and Gazelle, please also ask for doorgun function for the mi24P hind, it was advertised to come in a future update.. 🙂

thank you @flappie for hearing us out!

Edited by hannibal
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 3:12 PM, brianadkins said:

Mount the NS430 in front panel like the MI8.

SInce you are updating wish list, @Flappie

NS430 much need , just like the Mi8 and L39..  (no only the pop-up, but a virtual in game NS430

also would like the GAU-21 machine gun .50 caliber (bigger round than the 7.62 minigun.... after a while, the minigun is useless for targets other than fuel trucks and jeeps)

5 hours ago, hannibal said:

SInce you are updating wish list, @Flappie

If I didnt know better, Id swear this was San Clemente Island....

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 1/13/2022 at 12:34 AM, Flappie said:

Duly noted. 👍

I did not see in your wishlist, but is the damage model discrepancy considered? I get bullet holes inside the cockpit, on the front cockpit glass and side door, but when switching outside (F2) the aircraft looks unharmed/clean. After 10min of CAS as a gunship being shot at by AK47s, that was quite a surprise. On latest build, playing the Marianas DLC campaign from Reflected. Don't have a track but if it is needed I can probably make one easily.

Another point I would love is a graphics upgrade, could be paid of course (similar to Blackshark or A10C), the 3D model and textures of the cockpit are really lacking and look really terrible in VR. The frame of the cockpit (around the glass) is low-poly compared to a modern module. The texture of the instrument panel cover (top and sides) is poor. I personally think the exterior looks fine: given that we spend 99,9% of the time in the cockpit, this is where I would like to see improvements. 

• Like 4

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

10 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@Qiou87 @hannibal A lot of old modules need a graphic overhaul, yes, including when said aircraft are damaged. I believe I saw the same kind of request for the F-5 not long ago. I added the graphic overhaul to the list.

Indeed, Huey is one of the oldest. Just wanted the wishlist to be thorough, and I also think it can help with the other items: if the ED team considers to make a full revision/new version, not just some bug fix, they can dedicate some man-hours to other items in the wishlist and amortize it by selling the graphical update (like with A10C II).

Looking in detail yesterday, the instrument panel is actually not so bad, but everything else is very flat. The frame has rivets and bolts that are just texture-based, for example ; you can clearly see it once in VR. It is fine, it is an old module ; but some love for it would be highly appreciated, it is still a lot of fun to fly and a great learning experience to get into rotorcraft in DCS.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

the list of user created missions shared on the dcs user file section is a testament on how popular the huey module is... 😉

5 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Looking in detail yesterday, the instrument panel is actually not so bad, but everything else is very flat. The frame has rivets and bolts that are just texture-based, for example ; you can clearly see it once in VR. It is fine, it is an old module ; but some love for it would be highly appreciated, it is still a lot of fun to fly and a great learning experience to get into rotorcraft in DCS.

imagine the glass of of the guages actually have reflections, like the Hind...

DCS was always about the details!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hannibal said:

imagine the glass of of the guages actually have reflections, like the Hind...

Agreed, the Huey is popular - as it should be! It is iconic, used by many countries for many years, it can do many things. It is easy to learn and hard to master. I would definitely be ready to pay for a Huey upgrade that brings its cockpit to current standards (Hind is a great example of a beautiful cockpit). What's more: all the content created for the Huey would benefit from the upgrade (people who had the Huey sitting in their library would pick it up and look for missions, paid or free, to enjoy the upgrade). 

• Like 3

Please stop this BS! I don't want more graphical nonsense when GPU prices are that high. I got over 50 FPS with my RX 570 on 2560x1440 before the advent of DCS 2.7, now with 2.7.9 it's down to 40 FPS. The Marianas map with higher poly counts aren't looking really good but are shown with even lower FPS. Stop that useless eye candy when playability is ruined! Fix the whole crap first or provide LTS versions! When I bought a module I was able to run it on my machine. I don't want to lose my invest with silly "improvements". Nobody will be flying better if bolts are "updated" from textures to polygons!

Edited by jumphigh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jumphigh said:

Please stop this BS! I don't want more graphical nonsense when GPU prices are that high. I got over 50 FPS with my RX 570 on 2560x1440 before the advent of DCS 2.7, now with 2.7.9 it's down to 40 FPS. The Marianas map with higher poly counts aren't looking really good but are shown with even lower FPS. Stop that useless eye candy when playability is ruined! Fix the whole crap first or provide LTS versions! When I bought a module I was able to run it on my machine. I don't want to lose my invest with silly "improvements". Nobody will be flying better if bolts are "updated" from textures to polygons!

While I agree and understand you, to be fair, they asked for a paid upgrade like the A-10C II. 😉

19 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

While I agree and understand you, to be fair, they asked for a paid upgrade like the A-10C II.

I'm afraid nobody will fix the errors in the older version if there is a paid upgrade available. Eagle Dynamics is lacking the manpower to support every revision of every module. They're hunting a moving target and do not look back.

It's the same as Windows 11: Fake improvements and a kick in the ass for everybody not willing to sacrifice his needs on the altar of hipsters for the sake of change.  NOT GOOD! 😒

By the way I hope Eagle Dynamics will provide a Linux port in 2025 for the same reasons...

Edited by jumphigh

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

While I agree and understand you, to be fair, they asked for a paid upgrade like the A-10C II. 😉

That, and a paid upgrade paying for all the fixes (that should benefit all). So if you don't want the eye-candy you keep your Huey, but the fixes are still done for it. The "II" version of the module just brings this higher-res cockpit, and potentially a couple of additional gadgets (like Mk82 bombs - similar to the Lebanese UH1Hs - perhaps? 🤣).

I am not advocating for anyone to lose anything they have paid for, far from it. It is just about bringing this module up to 2022 standards and help bring new players the joy of the Huey. Now it sits at the back of the module catalogue as an old dog. I feel like the A10C II upgrade brought that module back to the forefront, and something similar could maybe be done for the Huey.

• Like 2