DCS F-35A

Wags

I say we use the test squadron here at Edwards AFB, the 461st Deadly Jesters. Actually I propose that we start the 461st Deadly Jesters vITF. I am willing to be the CO unless someone else wants to be.

Edited by beaupower32

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all - just wanted to comment on the budget. We are adding R & D money from my company to make the F-35 goal.

This is great to see! :thumbup:

This pretty much say's the Kick starter will be successful.

I can't wait to get in an F-35 with some friend's and go mess with some Mig's :D

This is great to see! :thumbup:

This pretty much say's the Kick starter will be successful.

You might have misunderstood there. It could mean the funds needed for the project over and above the $75000 goal, not that we'd make up the shortfall to $75000.

Alas, all the guessing....:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I live in Yuma Arizona, we have the the world’s first operational F-35 squadron here at our Marine Core Air station.

I get to see the F-35 flying and practice hovering. :thumbup:

556911_4391448068739_1126401320_n_zpsc265e97e.jpg

F-35B-Yuma_zps5a2371b3.jpg

yuma-f35b_zps74e34802.jpg

yuma-f35c_zpsac6a41d3.jpg

8681138696_56933fffa0_o__main_zps91dbf5b2.jpg

f-35-web_zpsaa32f580.jpg

F-35B4Youmans_zps9024df1e.jpg

Edited by Mike Busutil

I've pledged my $50

Looking forward to getting stuck into this.

Every project has to start somewhere and although Kinny doesnt have experience with DCS its not their first foray into the sim world.

I'll give him a chance :)

Pman

I don't care what anyone says, I love the contours of the F-35, it's so utilitarian and at the same time crazy sleek. I can't see why people see the ugly in it.

I agree with you. This will sound crazy to some people, but I think she's sexier than an F-22. I love this bird.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't care what anyone says, I love the contours of the F-35, it's so utilitarian and at the same time crazy sleek. I can't see why people see the ugly in it.

I agree, I think she's a sleek and sexy beast! Now if the X-32 had won the contract, that'd be a different story all together...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Yeah but the B model is a bit like the hunchbacked ugly step-brother

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I have to disagree with you. The B looks just fine and you can barely notice difference behind the cockpit.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The B looks just about like the others except the front and back, which you can notice where the lift fan door is by the bulge is. But from a distance, they are almost impossible to tell apart.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a saying - Looks good flyes good.

It apply to all planes since lets say Spitfire to Pak FA.

F-35 looks ugly. It looks like it has features of many planes - fighter, bomber, attack, stealth... It is Jack of all trades and master of none. And it will fly like that.

• Like 1

F-35 looks ugly. It looks like it has features of many planes - fighter, bomber, attack, stealth... It is Jack of all trades and master of none. And it will fly like that.

If you actually look into what the plane can do, it will surprise you. Everyone is so quick to judge, but not learn. And BTW, alot of pilots here say they would take a F-35 over their other mounts any day of the week. We have pilots who have flown the F-16, F-18, A-10, F-15E. And as I said, they would rather have the F-35, then those. Something to think about....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That seems pretty absolute for a plane that is still in testing and hasn't yet reached it's full patential. It looks like it does "situational awareness" better just about anything out here so far

That seems pretty absolute for a plane that is still in testing anf hasn't yet reached it's full patential. It looks like it does "situational awareness" better just about anything out here so far

Agreed, we will see after it is in operational use, but my statement before is just what I think of it if I look at it in a first place.

Bit off topic I realised, sorry I just had to.

Edited by Golo

Originally I didn't want to back this, because I doubt that it will reach the level of complexity I prefer (DCS:A-10C), but... I pledged $56 anyway.

A popular plane like the F-35 in DCSW will bring players and be good for DCSW, even if it is not as realistic/accurate as others (at least it will be above FC3-level, that's the minimum for me.)

I will follow the development as closely as I can and see what will happen.

So put these dollars to a good use, Mr. Kinney, I count on you.

I say we use the test squadron here at Edwards AFB, the 461st Deadly Jesters. Actually I propose that we start the 461st Deadly Jesters vITF. I am willing to be the CO unless someone else wants to be.

I'll be your wingman!:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Donations

Not looking good at reaching the goal of 75K by the deadline unless we have some wealthy people who will make up the shortfall.

But I hope all money is raised to fund this project. :doh:

X3. Sounds like an excellent idea.

You can't kick *** without tanker gas

I'm in for $56 more... Now, looking forward.

I hope there will be a K.I. section soon as sub-forum.

Good luck K.I.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.