DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are getting wwwaaayyy to "wrapped around the axle" with this standalone business. Yes, KI has worded things a bit differently than were used to, but everything has been clarified many times. The module will work no different than any other.

You can't kick *** without tanker gas

Hi to all - Happy Forth! I think the choice of the word "Stand-alone" may be a bit confusing, which was not my intent. It simply means that no additional purchase will be required in order to fly the F-35. But yes, without DCS World loaded - it will not work.

Hi guys! As I see, you are have more intensive discuss about subject than Russian community) because you have some KI guys. We have no one, that's little bad. Did anyone come to us for little discussion? Google translate will help break language barrier)

Sorry for my English)

Не лазить руками туда, куда не лезет голова © USSR_Rik

Being it a cookout holiday.. i dont see many new pledges until the weekend.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Being it a cookout holiday.. i dont see many new pledges until the weekend.

Not to piss on the party but usually KS pledge levels are the lowest on weekends and holidays and highest during the week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe some drunk pledging later on tonight :)

never drink and pledge... it will hurt in the morning :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

The inclusion into DCS World as official module, means that the model (exteriors) will be included into DCS World, so anyone (so even who didn't purchased that specific module) can see that vehicle inworld (exactly like the UH1).

Are they going to do this? A simple "yes" or "not" will make it clear without much thinking, chit chatting, and guessing.

(I thought it was clear from the start [that it was a official DCS World module]... but reading the latest post, i'm not that sure now...)

• ED Team

That's an interesting question, I think that has been raised a few times with other 3rd Party Devs and no one really knows how all that will work... I think some 3rd parties raised concerns about their work being used in DCS World without purchase of their module... but I dont know where that all ended up...

The inclusion into DCS World as official module, means that the model (exteriors) will be included into DCS World, so anyone (so even who didn't purchased that specific module) can see that vehicle inworld (exactly like the UH1).

Are they going to do this? A simple "yes" or "not" will make it clear without much thinking, chit chatting, and guessing.

(I thought it was clear from the start [that it was a official DCS World module]... but reading the latest post, i'm not that sure now...)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

basically, if it's integrated... people can do the make_flyable BS and use an alternative cockpit and systems.... lol

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

From the customer point of view - which KI has in mind with their explanations - it is "standalone" as in "you only have to pay for DCS F-35" as DCS World is free.

also to Sith, Viper, others...

That isn't "standalone" though... (unless "standalone" is being morphed as well). "Stand alone" is; it stands in its own right - one .exe and no need for another program to be installed for it to work.

ie there is/ was the original DCS A10-C which required just one install... there was also the Ka50, as compared to DCS: World which has the A10-C as a module.

stand-a·lone

/ˈstændəˌloʊn/ Show Spelled [stand-uh-lohn] Show IPA Computers.

adjective 1. self-contained and able to operate without other hardware or software.

noun 2. a device or program with these characteristics.

Origin:

1965–70

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

Well some models got to be included no matter what, that's the whole point of DCSW, you can play with people that have modules you don't, so you got to be able to see it on your end. But like other modules, most of it have to be downloaded still to actually use it, cockpit, systems etc. I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
also to Sith, Viper, others...

Eagle13 already explained that the wording he used probably wasnt the best... so its really a non issue now... we all deep down know what he meant, only new people might be a little confused, but that really isnt a big deal in the long run as there is no further cost, just an extra download...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@ Sithspawn...

Point taken :thumbup: and (here comes one of those "in general" statements :) ) perhaps better to put the confusion, and possible upcoming confusions to bed now with a resorting of the "wording" and clarification of what is to be what?

Its sort of what was said earlier about "pitching in the boardroom"... making things sound better than they really are, generally comes back to bite.

basically, if it's integrated... people can do the make_flyable BS and use an alternative cockpit and systems.... lol

yes, there is that... but, being forced to buy it without wanting to fly it, because a mission designer has included a particular addon into their mission would be a very sad state of affairs.

Also, the fly the ai mod don't have the particular model specific cockpit, etc, to use... they're only flying a skin

Edited by Wolf Rider

-

KI should wait a few more weeks for the Kickstarter. Raise more awareness on both Russian and Western communities in DCS forums.

Also a properly designed landing page (with mobile accessibility) and with a lot of info as possible on the project would produce better results. It's not easy to create this vibe to get people excited but with the right steps is possible.

From the beginning as soon as everybody found out about this module almost everyone was hasty, overly critical and negative. Wags had to step in and endorse it himself in the forums to calm things down a bit. To have people pledge in your project a couple of weeks after you announce it, simply is not going to work, you need to built a lot of trust well beforehand.

Anyway, a lot of stuff could've been done beforehand and the ED forums are not the place to discuss them. In my humble opinion, they got too hasty with kickstarter.

They still have a few days to turn things around. My advice, market the product better. Spend a few more thousands to market your product better and it will pay off tenfold at the end.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

From the beginning as soon as everybody found out about this module almost everyone was hasty, overly critical and negative.

No, not even close...

Wags had to step in and endorse it himself in the forums to calm things down a bit. To have people pledge in your project a couple of weeks after you announce it, simply is not going to work, you need to built a lot of trust well beforehand.

No, not even close. Wags endorsed it from day one...

You're no different from the naysayers that didn't take the time to read anything and immediately went on the attack...

Anyway, a lot of stuff could've been done beforehand and the ED forums are not the place to discuss them. In my humble opinion, they got too hasty with kickstarter.

I disagree, again, you jump to too many conclusions.

They still have a few days to turn things around. My advice, market the product better. Spend a few more thousands to market your product better and it will pay off tenfold at the end.

They marketed the product to the customers. They don't have a COD budget to do TV ads...

Spend a few more thousand to market the product better.... I think you really missed the point of going the crowd-funding route...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

We are 151 pages in and over 1,500 post! Maybe Wags could jump in here and give us some more info on where Eagle Dynamics stand with the KI F-35? Perhaps that would reduce some of the negative comments and assumptions...

We are 151 pages in and over 1,500 post! Maybe Wags could jump in here and give us some more info on where Eagle Dynamics stand with the KI F-35? Perhaps that would reduce some of the negative comments and assumptions...

There really is nothing more for him/ED to say. ED cannot provide any more assurances than they already have (by entering into the agreement that allows KI to use 'DCS' in the title of their product).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nice thought but not a chance... The negativity will continue as many of these people are sad, paranoid creatures that have an inherent need to try to bring down anything that is worth attaining..

There has been plenty of information, statements, reassurances etc. to alleviate the negativity for thoughtful individuals... The rest will continue to be negative even if a 100% accurate F-35 was GIVEN to them for free tomorrow morning..

They would simply bitch that they weren't properly notified before KI were so inconsiderate as to drop it on them with zero notice...

Forget them and let's focus on things that matter..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

There really is nothing more for him/ED to say. ED cannot provide any more assurances than they already have (by entering into the agreement that allows KI to use 'DCS' in the title of their product).

I would love to hear from ED on if the DCS engine would even allow the proper representation of the EO-DAS.

• Like 1