DCS WWII: Europe 1944

Oleg is knowledgeable, i don't think many doubt that, and he might very well be perfectionist. I re-watched the first vid, he is saying that he answers your questions and will continue to answer questions in case kickstarter gets funded. i do not see how "мне в принципе интерестен этот проэкт" can be interpreted as "i am excited about this project". to me it sounds more like "i'm somewhat interested", and it is quite clear that he is not on a team this time. don't you think it is at least somewhat misleading ? because many for some reason gathered that he is directly involved. not that the exact level of Oleg's involvement is what makes me skeptical.

guys , i will try to ask this again. it looks like many of you are very enthusiastic and at least some are quite overjoyed. i also want a nice sim, but for the life of me i can not see where this unquestionable enthusiasm and could have possibly came from. why do i see so many grey areas where the rest see a smooth road with assured 100% sucess?. once in a while people come to my door and they are absolutely convinced that 2000 years or so a man was born out of immaculate conception and that for some reason i should take their word even though the personally didn't witness it... lets leave "i believe in luthier because ..." comments aside because we all can believe in different things.

can someone please rationalize how this project is going to be 100% success despite all the skiddish areas present? how it is of personal benefit to me to pledge vs. just buying if final product turns out to be right (since they making it anyways).

thanks in advance for your time.

Obviously you are a sceptic, and you sound as though you have made your mind up already, so maybe you should wait until you get given the base sim for free and decide about buying additional content at that point.

It's up to you and basically the only thing you loose out on is the sence of satisfaction that you had done you best to suport the niche gaming genre that is flight sims. (I am assuming that that is something that you might value)

For me Oleg and then later on Luthier has defined the last 12 years of flight siming for me. Their vision, dedication and inspriation is evident in all the work that they have done. People rave about the efforts of community modding groups like TD and TF, but none of their efforts would have been possible without the framework laid down by Oleg and Luthier when they made IL2 and Cliffs of Dover.

For me my support is based on over a decade of seeing first hand what these guys are capable of doing. It's just that simple.

Edited by Skoshi Tiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Nobody is going to spend their time trying to convince you, or show you what they see, and to be honest your posts are getting kind of redundant, and dare I say a tad bit troll-ish. I suggest you sit back and see what other updates they come up with and see if they can change your mind with that, if not, dont pledge and wait for the sim to be released and see if you can enjoy it then.

guys , i will try to ask this again. it looks like many of you are very enthusiastic and at least some are quite overjoyed. i also want a nice sim, but for the life of me i can not see where this unquestionable enthusiasm and could have possibly came from. why do i see so many grey areas where the rest see a smooth road with assured 100% sucess?. once in a while people come to my door and they are absolutely convinced that 2000 years or so a man was born out of immaculate conception and that for some reason i should take their word even though the personally didn't witness it... lets leave "i believe in luthier because ..." comments aside because we all can believe in different things.

can someone please rationalize how this project is going to be 100% success despite all the skiddish areas present? how it is of personal benefit to me to pledge vs. just buying if final product turns out to be right (since they making it anyways).

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You have around fifteen days, roughly three more videos and possibly more information by Luthier around the net to help you decide if this is worth your money. If not then you can, if you want, come back in a year or so when Europe 1944 hits beta and read what people here are saying about it.

The choice for me is pretty easy. I make just about enough to survive, so in a month or so, or when I can, I'll spend 50 on Belsimtek's Mi-8 and get to fly now rather than pledge 50 and wait a year. But if I could I would be all over this pledge because even though CoD was a debacle, it was and still is the best looking sim I've seen to date. Also, if I understood the second video correctly, the people at Eagle Dynamics Minsk office are the one developing the Europe 1944 terrain using EDGE. On top of that, it is official that Yo-Yo will be the man behind the physics of engine management and flight models of all those wonderful aircraft, so there is literally nothing else to worry about if I had moolah to pledge.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Well I for one will throwing down another $hundy on next Monday when I get paid.:thumbup:

I want more Flight sims, and we need more authentic flight sims compared to WOT BS! :thumbup::thumbup:

And here's a little statistic. As of now the target only needs just $12,000, it has already reached 88% at the halfway stage. I think the target will be achieved but you know, there are 700+ backers in the $40 - $60 range. It would take 200 of those to upgrade to $110 to cross the line which I know won't happen but I think some will upgrade to some other level making the target easier to reach.

Also the closer it gets to looking successful the more backers we may see and the 100 $10 - $20 backers may be encouraged to up their backing now.

Did you pledge $100? For another $10 you can be in on the Alpha :)

OK, so I was never a salesman but......

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Why isn't there more promotion on this project? RRG are the ones who made the Dora pit as far as I am aware, yet they seem awfully quiet about it. There are users in this forum who make poster and trailer vids to support this, but from the devs side there is nothing, apart from the vids that don't even really give any insight as to what the sim will feature (not everyone who might be interested in this is aware of DCS). It's as if the people who should be most concerned with the success of the Kickstarter campaign cared less than the users in this forum. It's just weird.

Why isn't there more promotion on this project? RRG are the ones who made the Dora pit as far as I am aware, yet they seem awfully quiet about it. There are users in this forum who make poster and trailer vids to support this, but from the devs side there is nothing, apart from the vids that don't even really give any insight as to what the sim will feature (not everyone who might be interested in this is aware of DCS). It's as if the people who should be most concerned with the success of the Kickstarter campaign cared less than the users in this forum. It's just weird.

Bearing in mind there is little in existence yet to make videos with (it's a kickstarter project) apart from the fortunate and clever cross-pollination with DCSW .....

Luthier yesterday:-

"Working to get lots more footage and screenshots. Hoping for tomorrow, but it's maybe beginning to look like Monday. Working super hard."

The Kickstarter and posts on the various simming forums are covered with references to DCSW and the existing P51D and AI FW190 for those familiar with the Air Combat Sim world.

It seems to me that reaching those that don't know about DCS isn't so easy when many forums ban blatant advertising and can really only be informed through enthusiastic posting by their members to raise awareness but I've had KS posts deleted because they were deemed to be "advertising". We are probably the best promoters of the project via our various and differing web/forum memberships. Even a Youtube video doesn't guarantee attention. There are millions of videos I might be interested in but don't know they exist.

When the "only" reward is a great flight combat sim and no personal business return the market is likely only to be air combat sim enthusiasts plus a spill over of people who never thought of air combat sims before although as a genre these sims are already well known about. So our key market already exists and we are best placed to spread the news and encourage others to join the KS. Whatever Luthier releases, say on Youtube, is likely only to be seen by the flight sim community via the passing of Links plus the random hits of other aviation enthusiasts on Youtube.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

No one can reach your threshold of evidence for pledging, but what you assume (in bold) is hardly 100% clear either. If the KS doesn't succeed then we might not see a DCS Spitfire, P-47, and Bf 109.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

So our key market already exists and we are best placed to spread the news and encourage others to join the KS. Whatever Luthier releases, say on Youtube, is likely only to be seen by the flight sim community via the passing of Links plus the random hits of other aviation enthusiasts on Youtube.

The problem is convincing all of that market and removing some of the doubts that some sections of that market might have. I think that the community is doing what it can to help. But Ilya is neither helping himself or helping us help him by not directly and regularly interacting with the KS community. It can be forgiven that new content is being worked on and it's taking time to put together. But to not spend just 30 mins a day interacting with backers by answering questions, clarifying things, providing his thoughts on points is just negligent. There's always, always, always 30 mins in a working day. All that being said I'm still backing this with considerably more than I've paid for any game previously as I really want to see it being made. He just needs to buck up a few things which don't take much time out of a day but have a big impact on the perception of the project with the public.

Ilya - thanks for the update. Appreciate it's a super busy time but I really think it would be in your own best interests to set aside 30 mins every day just to answer questions, etc. here and on the KS feed for the remainderof the KS. People expect that level of visibility (on top of everything else! :)). In the absence of additional content which, for me, is understandable given where the project lifecycle is at right now that 30mins makes a big difference to people's perceptions which feeds into pledges. Anyway good luck for the rest of the KS - nearly there!

Yes I've just gotten chewed out for it earlier today. Going to make sure to spend a lot more time interacting with the community, and will also try to get some key team members to join in so this does not seem like a one-man game.

I support you guys and your project, and I'm probably going to increase my pledge amount in the next few days. Keep emphasizing that you are not trying to reinvent the wheel and aim to deliver more aircraft of similar quality to the DCS P-51. That's what I try to tell people when they say there is not enough to see yet. The DCS P-51 is already here to fly, it is excellent, and people should expect more things like it when they wonder what DCS WW2 will offer.

Thank you. I'm scrambling to shift gears; I've had a whole campaign written out and put together. As the kickstarter got started I realized it was all wrong, since I was doing something for people new to flight sims, I guess expecting an influx of people who have never flown a plane in their life. Now that I've realized that this project can only succeed if I work with the dedicated flight sim fans, I'm redoing and scrapping everything to give you guys what you need, and the clock is ticking, so it's not a pleasant feeling.

We've seen a little bit of the Normandy map. What people are saying is that the work they've seen is not enough; they want more. If there isn't any more to show does that mean people are willing to let the project die?

I have a few more shots of Normandy coming up in a little bit. We did a few more tests, made a PSP runway and a pseudo-airfield with some parked P-51s. Have an annoying problem where static P-51s have issues with a transparent canopy.

I really hate releasing stuff that does not look great. We also cannot afford to become a screenshot-taking project, so this is rather annoying.

The problem is convincing all of that market and removing some of the doubts that some sections of that market might have. I think that the community is doing what it can to help. But Ilya is neither helping himself or helping us help him by not directly and regularly interacting with the KS community. It can be forgiven that new content is being worked on and it's taking time to put together. But to not spend just 30 mins a day interacting with backers by answering questions, clarifying things, providing his thoughts on points is just negligent. There's always, always, always 30 mins in a working day. All that being said I'm still backing this with considerably more than I've paid for any game previously as I really want to see it being made. He just needs to buck up a few things which don't take much time out of a day but have a big impact on the perception of the project with the public.

Yes sir.

PS I think I found the solution to the static P-51 canopy transparency issue.

I have had a seriously crap day, and I really needed a laugh! :)

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Just dropped in to tell you guys a few things:

1. I'm in with 40 Dollars even though I usually prefer modern aircraft. But I think you can make this happen and it will be great. So gogogo!

2. I think I would increase my pledge to 100 Dollars if you put the P-38 into an early stretch goal. I love that plane and I know that others love it as well. I was very diappointed when I noteiced it in the 1M stretch goal.

3. oh, and also:

llya, add a new lower stretch goal so to increase the map to s.eng :music_whistling:

+1

I should add a lower stretch goal, but wouldn't it be better as a split thing, half the current next stretch goal?

Once we reach it, we'll have a backer vote on which half to make it, the flyable Fort or Southern England.

How's that sound?

I think you need to pull your Kick starter after the first phase and open up your own pledges on a official web sight so the monies go straight into the company. such as what RSI did.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I should add a lower stretch goal, but wouldn't it be better as a split thing, half the current next stretch goal?

Once we reach it, we'll have a backer vote on which half to make it, the flyable Fort or Southern England.

How's that sound?

I think Southern England would have to come first. Otherwise, from where is the Fort going to take off and land? Unless you just make a very generic Southern England for starters. But a lower stretch goal is definitely a good idea.

How's that sound?

That's a very tough question. I'd love to see the B17 flyable, but landing fields in England are more important for mission building. I believe all the B17 airfields would be north of London, making the map probably too large for the initial release. I would like to see atleast a thin strip of the south coast, with a few ports, but there aren't that many airfields other than Warmwell, and Tangmere, maybe Hawkinge. Then the history police would not like those fields used by B17's. You've got a tough decision. Anyway I support you and wish you the best of luck.

How's that sound?

Where would a flyable Fort fly from ? :)