DCS WWII: Europe 1944

Here we are at 72,899 and I'm starting to think they are gonna pull it off and I'm really happy for the RRG team.

I got a lump in my throat the first time I read the cover of 1946, as this hobby had started with IL2 FB and had been a part of my life for so long.:pilotfly:

I truely wish RRG every success.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confused DCSWWII1944

I own the DCS P51 already and there making a Dora FW190 already so what Am I paying for, the map? :joystick:

wouldn't it be better for ya'll to make a BF109, and a spitfire? Instead of another P51, been done already.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

They are not making another P-51.. AFAIK.

its in there list as a kickstarter package

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The P-51 is THE DCS P-51,THE DORA WILL BE DCS DORA.

ok so another year or so for EDGE=IG?

with new maps that should be coming out 2014 what 3Q?

found it

Flyable Aircraft:

Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

The game, if completed will be free to play for those three aircraft.

You can pay nothing now and still enjoy the P-47, Spit, and Bf-109.

The point of paying anything at all is to give the developers the cash they need to get the job done.

The various "rewards" are incentives to help get people to invest money in a "free" game.

The key is the $40 tier which gives you all of the payware flyables available at release for free.

But the trick is that it is possible that the P-51D and Fw 190 will be the only ones that count, and I already have the P-51D.

The other reason to give more more money is to get printed manuals.

But if you have confidence that the project will meet its funding goal without your help and the only aircraft you want are the ones it comes with, then you should hold onto your money and watch the show.

I wanted to help out and also want a hard copy of the tactics manual, so under the original reward system, I pledged $75.

I haven't decided if I am going to change my pledge for the new rewards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of the biggest problems I see is the quality of the kickstarter video.First and foremost I have been an almost diehard flight sim fan since 1987.To me DCS A-10C is the best sim ever...period. I was never a big fan of WWII planes,so how will you attract people like me? If you REALLY want to get more money for your project you should have a more polished product to show and you should partner with someone like Oculus to create some buzz. I would scrap the current kickstarter campaign/video and take 6 months to create a more polished version.Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. I wish you the best and you have my donation!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

One of the biggest problems I see is the quality of the kickstarter video.First and foremost I have been an almost diehard flight sim fan since 1987.To me DCS A-10C is the best sim ever...period. I was never a big fan of WWII planes,so how will you attract people like me? If you REALLY want to get more money for your project you should have a more polished product to show and you should partner with someone like Oculus to create some buzz. I would scrap the current kickstarter campaign/video and take 6 months to create a more polished version.Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. I wish you the best and you have my donation!!

Just wait for a day or two... somebody you don't expect might have something up their sleeve :smilewink:

• ED Team

Last I head they hoped to get EDGE/IG out by the end of this year.... or there abouts, I dont think its a year off... Least from the bits and pieces I have read here...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

From Luthier's latest video it appears the EDGE graphic engine has already been used on three other projects, and is in the process of being tweaked for DCS WORLD, and DCS WW2.

VR is going to be the hardware of the future, that brings more people to flight simming. Flight simming and the Occulus Rift are especially suited to one another. WarThunder, and BOS have implemented the dev kit OR, and hopefully COD and DCS will follow.

Sorry not for me

Kick starter for WW2?......no way......Let me know for 100$ deposit if there is anything related with our current time..F18/F16/ F15 .....my C.C. is ready and anxiously waiting for something little more attractive...there are lots of sims out there addressing WW11 ......just not for me......

Sorry

Peter22.

( I know ...DCS does not have limit in time, models or scenarios....But I do...)

• Like 1

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Kick starter for WW2?......no way......Let me know for 100$ deposit if there is anything related with our current time..F18/F16/ F15 .....my C.C. is ready and anxiously waiting for something little more attractive...there are lots of sims out there addressing WW11 ......just not for me......

Sorry

Peter22.

( I know ...DCS does not have limit in time, models or scenarios....But I do...)

What an unnecessary post... There are plenty of people who are really excited about this. And since DCS WWII is being developed by a different dev team, you don't have to worry about the fast jets being delayed.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Sorry

Peter22.

Thank you for letting us know. We were looking forward for this information.

Last I head they hoped to get EDGE/IG out by the end of this year.... or there abouts, I dont think its a year off... Least from the bits and pieces I have read here...

To back up my man Sithspawn...

19 July 2013 - DCS News Update

5- New images of the Nevada map. This past week we started rebuilding the Nevada map with the new map tools, but it is still early and very rough... a lot of tuning and tweaking to still be done. Thankfully, we are nearing the end of this long journey and it is on track to be released later this year (seriously). I'm sure many of you have lots of questions about the map and the technology behind it, but I'm afraid I have no answers for you at this time. I have no direct contact with the map team and no access to the map build. However, as the map nears release, I'm sure I will have more information to pass along.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

You may see some of Nevada this year, but from what I've been told it wont be in edge

Nevada cannot exist without EDGE.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Pman, using esp or something more substantual:music_whistling:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I'd look at Edge coming in the summer if I were you ;)

You may see some of Nevada this year, but from what I've been told it wont be in edge

Pman

Either you are mistaken or ED has been misleading us very badly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: