The worst DRM ever

palker

HOW THE **** THIS THING WORKS!?

Installed DCS from Origin(bought A 10C on sale). Found out that it is an outdated version. Downloaded latest version form the DCS site. Could not install over the old version so i deleted it. When started the new version it asked me to activate the game again despite that i already activated now it will not let me play and when i input the serial to activate the game it will throw errors at me.

This the most RETARDED DRM ever conceived some people bitched about Steam when it was revealed that it would be required for Cliffs of Dover. I wonder how do they deal with this PoS DRM.

Had I know what i would be dealing with i would not have bought this game even if it was sold for 1 cent.

Edited by palker

Well you could always raise a support ticket and get it sorted out. Or even give us enough information to make a sensible suggestion in here.

Or you can continue to have a temper tantrum and rage against DRM, nothing will change and you can turn your back on DCS and hope your parents don't notice the charge on their card....

:doh:

• Like 6

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Or you can continue to have a temper tantrum and rage against DRM, nothing will change and you can turn your back on DCS and hope your parents don't notice the charge on their card....

You made me spill my drink. :megalol::thumbup: Rep inbound.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Well you could always raise a support ticket and get it sorted out. Or even give us enough information to make a sensible suggestion in here.

:doh:

+1

... except for the support ticket part. I've been hanging around at the "payment and activation" forum for one or two days now and what I see there is ... a very, very poor picture that E.D. delivers there atm.

@palker: Yeah, like the others said thats just no way to behave when asking somebody for help. Are you just raging here like a kid or do you actually want help? I certainly know how much StarForce sucks, but for ED or rather their awesome products I will gladly bear with it. (This sounds like some major fanboy shit, but I eyed the A10C for many months and starforce was one of the reasons I didn't buy it, totally regret that wait now)

So, if you want to actually get help here, there is certain information that we need or else you could just write: "HALP I HAVE PROBLEM! WAT I DO?" :)

(Sys specs/os, version numbers, detailed description what you did, in what order etc. for starters, like with anything you want help with over the internet!)

I am really really tired right now but since you probably turned off most other (actually competent) people I will try:

-How did you delete the old version? Just deleted the files or with the deinstaller/windows? Did you check if there were any files left over? Did you install the DCS:W installation in a new directory? (I hear you can use both, the old 1.1.1.1 ver & DCS:W on the same computer, but that stuff was before my time)

-Did you actually download the new DCS:WORLD (5,86GB) installation (v1.2.5.16508 ) from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/ ?

Have you installed the A10C addon - from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/ ?

-When you start DCS:World via the start menu or game exe, does the updater start and patch you to the mentioned above version?

-Did you try the repair function from the startmenu? (Maybe it will fix something corrupted with the 2 installs)

There is also the option to open up a ticket from the ED support. You might want to work on the wording&problem description there...!

Sadly I can't give you any advice how to fix your attitude, if your mother couldn't fix it, nobody on the internet can.

Let us hear how it is going!

P.S:

You throw money at EA, you are evil. Use Steam or the ED store! :D

LOL, I guarantee you nobody here is going to think of the right Spock when they read this. :lol:

They will if they are over 40. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

HOW THE **** THIS THING WORKS!?

Installed DCS from Origin(bought A 10C on sale). Found out that it is an outdated version. Downloaded latest version form the DCS site. Could not install over the old version so i deleted it. When started the new version it asked me to activate the game again despite that i already activated now it will not let me play and when i input the serial to activate the game it will throw errors at me.

This the most RETARDED DRM ever conceived some people bitched about Steam when it was revealed that it would be required for Cliffs of Dover. I wonder how do they deal with this PoS DRM.

Had I know what i would be dealing with i would not have bought this game even if it was sold for 1 cent.

Did you install DCS: World from the DCS site before installing the A-10C module? You should install DCS: World, then install the A-10C module and enter the serial number. If the serial number does not work, you should submit a support ticket to Eagle Dynamics.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Hello palker, welcome here!

Please think about these:

I use Origin... never ever had a issue with them... au contraire...

I used LOMAC and DCS since beginning... never ever had any issues. EVER! Not me, neither my friends. I still wonder how those people had they problems with activating serials got them when for me was always just a simple "click". One!

I live in a 3rd world country... basically.

So then think about your problem. Sure is real... but still... worst?

Let me tell you what the worst DRM is. Is the one that fails the company that invested millions in it, and do it day one. The DRM that glitches on one customer... eh... solvable. Oh... You are the customer? Ok... is bad... they'll do their best.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Palker, coming in here and throwing out profanity is not gonna get you results, or the attention you want.

Please explain in better detail your problem (source you purchased DCS A-10C from, Version it was, version you upgraded to, etc)

(Copy/Pasting or screenshots usually helps, Make sure to block/edit out serial numbers).

Coming in here dropping a thread complaining it doesnt work doesnt help us solve your problem.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hello palker, welcome here!

Please think about these:

I use Origin... never ever had a issue with them... au contraire...

I used LOMAC and DCS since beginning... never ever had any issues. EVER! Not me, neither my friends. I still wonder how those people had they problems with activating serials got them when for me was always just a simple "click". One!

So then think about your problem Sure is real... but still... worst?

Let me tell you what the worst DRM is. Is the one that fails the company that invested millions in it, and do it day one. The DRM that glitches on one customer... eh... solvable. Oh... You are the customer? Ok... is bad... they'll do their best.

same never had a problem even bought DCS A-10C from origin, took to serial DLd the module and activated it

i bet the dude in his insane rage, forgot that he had a space in the serial, because copy pasting sometimes does that.

Did you install DCS: World from the DCS site before installing the A-10C module? You should install DCS: World, then install the A-10C module and enter the serial number. If the serial number does not work, you should submit a support ticket to Eagle Dynamics.

Hope this helps!

And rising above mere mortals petty ways, a hero emerges to help the downtrodden among us...

Hope this helps!

What Psyrixx said. I'd bet this is more likely user error and not a problem with "the worst DRM ever". If Psyrixx's suggestion doesn't work either contact ED with a support ticket, or come back here with a little less raging hormonal teen in your post and we can try to help you.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Poor guy.

no, really. I feel his pain.

My special edition version of DCS A-10c came from Amazon with this really hot girl attached...she did the install and activated the software for me. She started up the program and sat me down and ran the tutorial for me. She even brought me a beer.

She then sat with my wife and explained that for the foreseeable future, I might not be helping her with the shopping/ironing/cleaning or indeed getting into bed early enough to have a "meaningful relationship."

So, I do, really feel for this poor poor guy.

Give him a break hey? He may not yet even had to explain his lack of "Airtime." With girls, so some frustration is totally understandable....

I understand SPI and SOI but what is a serial number? Hot chick sorted that..

Sounds to me that if he ever gets into the game and starts to use it, we may have to open a sticky thread for his rantings!!!!

:)

I've not played for 8 days as I'm on vacation and I want to go home. Withdrawal sucks.

Damnfoolman

Edited by damnfoolman