Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

It's just as exciting as the Hornet!

The flight model alone will be interesting for Su-27S ! I cant wait! I do think the community was really looking forward to the aspect of a multi-role aircraft and the systems that go along with it. DCSW is deep and daring to go deeper and this leads me to believe it's more to do with whats involved around the F/A-18 to make it ready. As long as we can continue to see the DCSW evolve into the sim we desire to see I have no problem with the change in direction.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flight model alone will be interesting for Su-27S ! I cant wait! I do think the community was really looking forward to the aspect of a multi-role aircraft and the systems that go along with it. DCSW is deep and daring to go deeper and this leads me to believe it's more to do with whats involved around the F/A-18 to make it ready. As long as we can continue to see the DCSW evolve into the sim we desire to see I have no problem with the change in direction.
Stand-alone games like A-10C and F/A-18C are the backbone of DCS ... the business cards of DCS if you will. DCS: World is the flight enthusiast area, where 3rd party devs come into play.

Business focus should be on the stand-alone games and World engine (EDGE), although I imagine selling the loose modules (from FC3) also yields good results.

1009500_202930889868852_1033113667_o.jpg

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Stand-alone games like A-10C and F/A-18C are the backbone of DCS ... the business cards of DCS if you will. DCS: World is the flight enthusiast area, where 3rd party devs come into play.

Business focus should be on the stand-alone games and World engine (EDGE), although I imagine selling the loose modules (from FC3) also yields good results.

1009500_202930889868852_1033113667_o.jpg

I believe it was stated that FC3 is the #1 selling module.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

DCS: World is the flight enthusiast area, where 3rd party devs come into play.

The world brings it into one platform instead of independently running modules. Bringing all the modules into one platform makes multiplayer more inviting and a better effect of immersion which is a strong selling point for ED. Thus the reason for the push of EDGE to get to a dedi-server offering.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

So basically, the most important and anticipated point of the whole Friday update was actually posted outside the official update thread? :huh:

No probs, just nitpicking...

Gathering news on ED is like being an investigative journalist. You're a fool if you stop digging at the White House press release.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Any plane that it´s not developed by ED DCS, i don´t want it.

MIG21, can´t compete with F18 and FC planes.

And why is that? Your post is useless if you don't explain why!

When you say "compete", do you mean aircraft performance against multiplayer competition, or quality and funfactor of the modules?

The former does not matter at all to me, but the latter is everything and I'm sure both quality, funfactor and the challenge of learning the aircraft will be great features of the MiG-21bis module.

I too find the latter a rather inflammatory statement ... care to explain why? You obviously don't value the hard work of some enthusiasts here. Or, are you just flaming?

I believe it was stated that FC3 is the #1 selling module.
That surprised me but I was referring to the selling of FC3 modules (planes), not the game itself.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Please elaborate. The Mig will be on the level of DCS A-10C. So how would it not be inherently better than an FC aircraft?

With regard to the F-18...

What F-18? The one that we might see info on in a year or so?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'll let you win this one, but based on prerequisites FC3 is no stand-alone module in DCS: World in my book ;)

Hahahaha!! Sometimes you just have to let it go. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I'll let you win this one, but based on prerequisites FC3 is no stand-alone module in DCS: World in my book ;)

then neither is BS2 Upgrade.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Licensing prerequisites are irrelevant.

If it can't be used without DCS World, it's a module ...

DCS A10C and BS2 being the exceptions, since they're both standalone products (no longer updated) and DCS World modules (still being updated).

Edited by ALDEGA

Sorry guys, i should explain it better.

I mean, MIG21 can compete with F18 DCS in level of detail, as BS or A10.

you mean can't?

and if so, how do you know this, if its a dcs title it can very well compete

How can you make such a comparison between a module that has not been released, and another module that has not been released? It's hard to take you seriously, if you keep making posts like that.

So basically, the most important and anticipated point of the whole Friday update was actually posted outside the official update thread? :huh:

No probs, just nitpicking...

I find that the gold nuggets of info tend to be from a small comment made in response to someone on the forums, like the Su-25T 3D pit being mentioned before the official announcement. I've learned to use the "Find more posts by" option quite a bit, especially when it comes to Wags.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone