1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

It apparently takes ED X no of years to finish one high fidelity a/c so listing 8+ a/c is pointless unfortunately (just to make it clear...I also want all of 'em...just being realistic). If we had to choose say 2 new western a/c for them to make....what would it be? Here's mine:

1. F/A18E Super Hornet

Why? All weather, multi role fighter which can do pretty much every role ie. air superiority, CAS, Electronic Warfare and can be carrier operated. Not too many other a/c can do this. This a/c is operated by a number of countries. I understand its being worked on (yay). One role it doesn't do (AFAIK) is SEAD, which is my choice for No.2:

2. F-16 Fighting Falcon

Why? Besides all of the above, it also does the SEAD role for the USAF. This a/c is also operated by a number of countries as well.

If we're going to do it, then we should do it right. Its a bit silly sending in slow A-10s to do SEAD missions...even more silly for a USAF lead contingent to send an old Russian made SU25T in to do its SEAD missions as well.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It apparently takes ED X no of years to finish one high fidelity a/c so listing 8+ a/c is pointless unfortunately (just to make it clear...I also want all of 'em...just being realistic). If we had to choose say 2 new western a/c for them to make....what would it be? Here's mine:

1. F/A18E Super Hornet

Why? All weather, multi role fighter which can do pretty much every role ie. air superiority, CAS, Electronic Warfare and can be carrier operated. Not too many other a/c can do this. This a/c is operated by a number of countries. I understand its being worked on (yay). One role it doesn't do (AFAIK) is SEAD, which is my choice for No.2:

2. F-16 Fighting Falcon

Why? Besides all of the above, it also does the SEAD role for the USAF. This a/c is also operated by a number of countries as well.

If we're going to do it, then we should do it right. Its a bit silly sending in slow A-10s to do SEAD missions...even more silly for a USAF lead contingent to send an old Russian made SU25T in to do its SEAD missions as well.

When did the f-18 or f-16 become European?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

when did the F-18E/F/G become Multi-National/A Number of Countries? It's 2.

AFAIK, USN and RAAF use the SueprBugs, but I dont remember if RAAF Bought G's

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1. F/A18E Super Hornet

2. F-16 Fighting Falcon

why is the F18 bad for SEAD?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Mosquito FB mk VI for me! I think a fast WWII fighterbomber is a must for DCS:WWII.

Woo-hoo.... any Mosquito version for me!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

why is the F18 bad for SEAD?

Wasn't sure they performed that role. Just saw this on the wiki:

Current types

Boeing EA-18G Growler

Lockheed Martin F-16CJ Fighting Falcon

Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Panavia Tornado ECR

Shenyang J-8G

Sukhoi Su-24MP

Xian JH-7A

Forgot about the Growler. Just hoping that the version produced by ED includes the ability to perform this role as well.

A squad mate mentioned to me last night online (we were talking about this very thing) that having an F16 in DCS would not only add variety, but would also possibly bring across a lot of Falcon BMS players (who don't touch DCS because of the lack of an F16). Anyway, something to think of.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Wasn't sure they performed that role. Just saw this on the wiki:

Current types

Boeing EA-18G Growler

Lockheed Martin F-16CJ Fighting Falcon

Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Panavia Tornado ECR

Shenyang J-8G

Sukhoi Su-24MP

Xian JH-7A

Forgot about the Growler. Just hoping that the version produced by ED includes the ability to perform this role as well.

A squad mate mentioned to me last night online (we were talking about this very thing) that having an F16 in DCS would not only add variety, but would also possibly bring across a lot of Falcon BMS players (who don't touch DCS because of the lack of an F16). Anyway, something to think of.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I don't know better what they officially are good or meant for but I just don't see how a fast multirole fighter that's used for CAS couldn't do well in SEAD.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

True - I just didn't know the FA/18 does SEAD (well, technically the Growler version I understand is specifically for SEAD missions).

Still though, whether its the F16 or FA/18 or EA6B...it would be great to have a dedicated western SEAD a/c.

True - I just didn't know the FA/18 does SEAD (well, technically the Growler version I understand is specifically for SEAD missions).

Still though, whether its the F16 or FA/18 or EA6B...it would be great to have a dedicated western SEAD a/c.

As far as the EA-18G Growler is concerned, our primary mission is called Airborne Electronic Attack. SEAD is a component of this mission and can also be done by the F/A-18E/F as well. Of course the Growler is capable of much more than just suppressing air defenses which is why you will never see a DCS quality Growler... It's true capabilities are classified.

I would like an F-4G Wild Weasel V though... or to keep on topic a Tornado ECR!

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 1 month later...

F-105D , Mirage F1 or a Jaguar GR.1 .

Did the Jaguar see action in the Balkans ?

I would love to see a Buccaneer one day if they get 2 player sorted out ..... which they will one day ..... can you just imagine low level in a Bucc . Did the Buccaneer have a nick name .

Did the Jaguar see action in the Balkans ?

Yes.

Did the Buccaneer have a nick name .

Yes, it was called the Banana jet.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Area

-Tornado,Harrier,Typhoon,Rafale,Grippen NG,Sepecat Jaguar,Alphajet,Mirage,Aermacchi MB339,Aero L-159 ALCA.

WWII Germany

-Bf/ME-109G/K, Bf/ME-110, HE-111, JU-88, Dornier Do-217,

Dornier Do-335 Ameisenbär, ME-262 Schwalbe, JU-87 STUKA, Fieseler Fi 156 Storch :smilewink:, Fieseler Fi 103:smilewink:(as Weapon), Henschel Hs-129, Dornier Do 26,FW-187 (The better BF110)

WWII British

Spitfire, Hurricane, Mosquito!!!, Lancaster,

Feel free to add a list or Aircraft by quote.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 3 weeks later...
+1 Avro 698 Vulcan

2) B1-B :-)

3) F-111 any varient

4) EE Lightning

5) Tornado, GR4 and F3

6) F-5F Tiger II

7) F-104 Starfighter

8) Euro Typhoon

The list could go on....

love the idea of a DCS:Vulcan module or flyable b1-b..

its about time we had the chance to fly a big jet in DCS..

Red_5

love the idea of a DCS:Vulcan module or flyable b1-b..

its about time we had the chance to fly a big jet in DCS..

The Bone is a 4 seater... Not sure this would be possible in DCS at the moment. Plus the sheer complexity of the aircraft and the classified nature of its systems would mean that it would take years to develop.