Really, ffs!

leroy1964

I know I complain allot however, I went on steam today and Huey is $9.00 Oz, really? FFS! I only just bought this over a week ago (maybe two) however this really sucks for those of us who paid full price of $49.99 and only recently.:cry:

I mean don't get me wrong, great pick up for under $10.00, however I just can't help think "this is all your going to get beta or not" prove me wrong?

Oh and before I forget Steam is selling them as "DLC" for DCS World, umm, is this where we are headed, free base program and having to buy the A/C to use it?

Also, lucky day for the buyer, A10C going for the cheap price of under $10.00 as well, wasn't that at least recently new as well? paid $60.00 bucks for it as well if I recall.:mad:

I have been ranting and raving of another sim I bought just a few days ago which does just this, having to buy A/C that really should be in the game, but the replies where, "hey buddy, get over it, this is how things are now" or something like that. Tell me, whats so wrong in just buying a 'flight sim, complete, not beta etc etc, is this where flight sims are headed and people really don't care. Please tell me this isn't so?:cry:

Lastly it is not about the money, not really, it is about a trend I see developing and it seems to have found it's way into DCS World. I know people will bag me but as 'total biscuit and angry joe' have both said this is not good for gaming and you know they are correct. Just look at the games that have come out with stuff missing yet you can buy only on pre-order or later as DLC and there are a handful of games that really ripped people off. I am worried that this is where we are headed. Are they going to refund people the difference as they only just bought the game (say yesterday) I think not. Greed, greed and more greed and yet we keep allowing this to happen. (sorry got off subject a tad):doh: however you all get the gist of what I am trying to say.

• Like 3

Just a couple of small points.

This is not the first time the Huey has been on sale for less than half of the original price.

The A-10 was released 2 and 1/2 years ago.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

umm...

Just a couple of small points.

This is not the first time the Huey has been on sale for less than half of the original price.

The A-10 was released 2 and 1/2 years ago.

So how long as Huey been 'beta' and if so how long is long enough? Still doesn't make it right, not one bit. But feel free to defend products not even completed and now being sold as 'dlc' and quotes like "even though it's beta it's still a great sim".

I bet if you bought a computer with the video card missing or not 'complete' yet you might have a problem, 'might I said' as allot of people think this is okay, not I.:mad:

I was not taking sides, or disputing the issues you mentioned, merely pointing out items that provide more context to the situation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think it's completely fair. If you had bought for $10, you'd be happy, right? So you got unlucky but happens all the time. Cars, receivers, TVs, computers, they all go on sale from time to time.

And *if* additional flight sims get published as DLC, then I'm OK with that only because I already have DCS. If I had to buy DCS and the DLC, I'm sure I'd feel differently.

Finally, I don't think "this is all you're going to get" They implemented cargo lifts, and slicks recently. If all they do is button down the manuals, and few things here and there, I'm good with the game. For me, this is a great sim. It perfectly captures the feeling of flight w/o it being impossible to fly.

The one thing you said though regarding games with missing features, if Huey was released as a final product *and* was missing big chunks, I'd be pissed. But I bought it knowing that it's a work in progress. So for that reason, I'm willing to give the guys a break.

One thing, maybe you can contact them for price difference? All they can say is no, so there's no harm in asking.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Steams usage of the word "DLC" is not exactly correct, although some could argue it still applies. As you know, DCS World is the platform required to run any module you purchase. It's free, it even comes with the SU-25T, again, for free.

In this case you are not being denied something that should have been "included" in the base game as is the case with a lot of DLC content that is sold for other games. It is very clear, you can get DCS World for free, if you want a module you purchase it, clean and simple.

In the case of the Huey it is still in development, you purchased the beta, you will get the final product, nothing extra to pay, no other action required, if you didn't want the beta then you could have waited for the final full release before purchasing.

Finally what cichlidfan said is correct, nearly every module, even FC3 has been on sale at some point in the past few months. Does it sting when you bought something that a week or so later goes on sale? Of course it does, but to be fair it is your decision alone when you purchase a module, it is well known that ED does great value sales, as has been demonstrated numerous times in the past.

I swore I was going to wait for the MI-8 till the inevitable year end sale but did not and will not feel ill used when I see it at 19.99. My choice, and am having a good time with it NOW.

If I had seen the MI-8 on super sale at Steam a week after its release I would certainly have been royally ticked off however

As well as these modules may sell compared to similar products, it's still a relatively limited market as software sales go and a struggle to keep a sufficient cash flow to meet expenses. Sales generate interest, cash, and expand the user base all of which require constant effort.

It is up to each customer to decide if they will support the current sales model.

You can wait until a product is on sale. You can also wait until stable release.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

you know ED went on Steam to reach more Customers for DCS..and how to feed the interest of new Customers..Yes..reduce the Prices...loads of this new Customers will purchase further Modules on full Price...Profit..simple Market Economy.

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Everyone can understand the feeling of paying the full price and seeing it on a discount not much later.

But think of people who cannot afford it or don't get other modules otherwise(next time around you get a nice deal yourself who knows).

Also put your mind on the support of developing DCS. (In comparison, other gamestudios often don't listen to their customers and letting you purchase the same but newer product every year or so).

At this point of time we maybe see a speed-up in development with every party involved. Our full priced module will shine even more in upcoming newer settings(maps, better graphic engine? etc.)

Lastly, the more players, the better the series become.

With in mind the hope that ED developers are fed (not fat^^), getting a salary and treated well :)

• ED Team

I must admit this is the reason I am waiting before I get the MI-8

its not a helicopter I am really interested in, but will get it when it appears in the sales.

Sure I did feel a little burned when the huey went into the sale the first time after paying full price, but I have had hours of fun in it already and it was worth it.

Now when the cobra is released I will be all over it lol :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just a heads up that Steam have changed the discount available on the Huey. I looked about 2 hours ago for a friend of mine and it was US$9.99 with the 80% discount, but it's been reduced to a 10% discount now and is $44.99

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maaan, you are just unlucky because you missed discount. And that is why you feel bad.

There are so many games that I spend 50$ or MORE and played them not more then few hours, because they were crap. Just with Huey module I've spent maybe ~50 hours of playing, which is GREAT. And I don't include those numerous hours spent on learning and discovering, which is, as we all simmers know, pure joy too.

I don't care if it is now for 50$, 10$ or free - I paid BST dev team money the deserve.

Cheers :)

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

I can understand some people being frustrated at the fact they bought software today for full price only to have it go on sale a week later at deep discounts. In most places If you bought a TV or stereo or a lot of other products, if it goes on sale within a set time you can go back and get the discount or return it and buy it again at the reduced price. Unfortunately that does not happen with software that I'm aware of. So, you can buy today at full prce or wait for a sale, the choice is yours alone to make.

Personally, I'm not interested in the Mi-8, but I might buy it when it goes on a deep discount sale. Same with FC3.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

This is probably more and more likely to be the business model for now and the future for flight sims and other games.

Its purely a case of buyer beware. I have happily purchased modules at $49.99 and then some once exchange rates kick in fully, that its a beta version and does not yet have all features implemented. I was fully aware of that and was happy to proceed with my purchase.

We are seeing this more and more and is clearly a successful business model that works for the industry and gets sales going otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. Some may not like it and think it is bad for games and sims in general but if it wasn't working for them (the industry) they wouldn't be doing it. This also goes for the discount sales. Clearly they must be working to increase business and interest in the products and generating sales. We have to accept that they have every right to do this and to seek out new methods of increasing sales and the customer base. If we as customers don't like it we can vote with our wallet and not buy the product. Soon enough these sales will stop because it isn't working for them. However, I think it probably smart to have these sales. Someone who buys one module at a cheap price may buy the next one at full price and continue to build their collection of other modules even when there isn't a sale on. Great! A new sim enthusiast and good customer joins the fold.

I tend to agree that this really is just "the way it is". Again, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Making upset rants in forums may make one feel better, more listened to and validated but seriously, IMO, its the money that gets listened to and acted on.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

I suspect BST have little to no control over the sales honestly. And some people bitching about it all the damn time is wearing pretty thin. Frankly, I think this forum would cease to exist if most of the bitching stopped though...

It probably is a good business model in the short term. But I am afraid that it is not in the medium/long term.

In my humble opinion, those who got the product not so long ago for the full price are not happy with the fact that the product was sold at 1/5 of the full price, even if only last 24 hours.

If even the Beta version get this discount, I can surely admit, that from now on, as a customer point of view, will stop buying Beta version in the full price, better wait a few weeks and try to get lucky at a discount rate promotion.

Surely I like to support developers, surely I understand the position of ED trying to find more people and support their work.

But I can't accept that a Beta version of a software, let's call it an add-on like we used to do or in more recent terms DLC, that cost the same or almost the same of a full flight simulator have a discount so early in the process.

Even though I understand the sales policy of ED in their optics, I can't agree with those sales policy, at least on what Huey Beta discount relates to, in my costumer point of view.

The way to tell someone who is selling something that the buyer don't agree with their sales policy is not buying the something.

So from now on I refuse to buy Beta versions and I'll wait either for a discount of that Beta version or buying the full final product.

I thought that the 49,99 USD was to support ED and 3rd party developers, I was wrong to assume it that way. It seems to me that the more beta products released the more sales will be made, if you know what I meant by that.

Just my humble opinion of a long time costumer that bought 99,98 USD of Beta products for supporting the cause.

Edited by Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

These kinds of sales and price drops happen so often (especially since Steam entered the scene) that it's hard to be upset over it.

When it happens to me (it's happened to me for every module now except BS2 and P-51) I get bummed out for a little bit then I'm over it, because something good will come out of it, by getting new users into the game. That's more people who will be flying around in your favourite aircrafts in multi-player

Introducing new blood into the DCS products will bring about people with new ideas and maybe even come up with better ideas for missions and campaigns.

Without the sales I simply couldn't afford to get all of these modules at once. And I feel that DCS (or ED) knows this, so they put these modules on sale; and know that people will be more likely (willing) to play full price for a module to support them after having paid dirt cheap prices.

To be honest I was more upset when BS2 came out and they had BS1 players pay to upgrade to BS2.

Lastly, remember all of the learning, enjoyment and friends you've made so far playing these modules. If you were to buy these modules only when the steam sale happened, you would be a newbie again and wouldn't be griping about it.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119