DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Preliminary Changelog

For Mission Building/AI Tasking,

The F-15E should remain in a A2G Role, the F-15C is there for A2A.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding the missing stations to the Strike Eagle would be the best option I agree, but until that's done, the existing stations can't carry AAMs. This means that for now at least we have a Strike Eagle configured for the AG role, which is afterall its primary tasking.

Adding and removing weapons from stations is pretty easy, changing the 3d models may not be, especially if the modellers are busy with other tasks. Hopefully though such things can be added to the ever growing "to do" list, along with similar issues on other AI aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Adding the missing stations to the Strike Eagle would be the best option I agree, but until that's done, the existing stations can't carry AAMs. This means that for now at least we have a Strike Eagle configured for the AG role, which is afterall its primary tasking.

Adding and removing weapons from stations is pretty easy, changing the 3d models may not be, especially if the modellers are busy with other tasks. Hopefully though such things can be added to the ever growing "to do" list, along with similar issues on other AI aircraft.

ok, i hope GK or HungaroJET is reading this topic and seeing this problem and i hope they will update the model :bounce:

sign-pic4.jpg

This thread really show all the not-so-good things about mankind...

On topic, will the OB users get any information regarding what to test and look out for?

Or should we use it like the normal installer and do the things we normally (try to) do?

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

I would prefer if the F-15Es retained their air to air weapons, even if the incorrect launchers are used.

I am sure a modder can make the necessary 3D model and submit it to Eagle Dynamics to be officially added in down the road.

The F-15E certainly is A2G centric, but I do like having a variety of fighters to fight against. I am getting tired of the current list as it is, as wish there were more fighters to fight against. F3 Tornado, JAS-39, Mirage F-1, F/A-18E, Eurofighter, Su-35 ect. would be nice to see down the road.

There is always something that doesn't make it in time for release with the patches.

But to counter it now, I suggest put all the good things in patch "Part 1" and all the unfinished stuff in patch "part 2" :thumbup:

Upcoming bugs in never to be released "part3" :smartass:

Have a nice holiday and a wonderful Christmas !!!

You don't patch beta's, You simply release another version.

Guess the modules that are still in beta will still be beta this time around since the next version is open beta.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

You don't patch beta's, You simply release another version.

Guess the modules that are still in beta will still be beta this time around since the next version is open beta.

It's Prolly more like:

A.

Beta 1.2.7.xxxx is released

Everyone submits bugs/tracks/whatever.

Team gets the can of raid out, kills bugs

New Build of Beta 1.2.7 is posted for download,

Bugs are confirmed fixed, new ones submitted,

Team attacks those bugs,

Release Candidate Version of 1.2.7.xxxx w/ majority of submitted bugs fixed.

Confirm Bugs fixed/Stable.

Release That version of 1.2.7 on the Non-Beta Update Server

Anybugs from that point on would prolly be put out in patches or internal updates and merged into the 1.2.7. Version Stream at some point.

B.

Beta 1.2.7.xxxx

The bugs are submitted

Team squashes them and puts out an update on a separate server .

Beta 1.2.7. updates to 1.2.7.xxxx

Any further bugs are submitted, fixed ones checked,

Team squashes more bugs, puts out anther beta update.

Eventually 1.2.7xxxx is stable enough to have one last beta update to RC Version.

If that build proves stable enough that build is put on the non-beta update server

Just speculation of course.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm in for sure!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's Prolly more like:

A.

Beta 1.2.7.xxxx is released

Everyone submits bugs/tracks/whatever.

Team gets the can of raid out, kills bugs

New Build of Beta 1.2.7 is posted for download,

Bugs are confirmed fixed, new ones submitted,

Team attacks those bugs,

Release Candidate Version of 1.2.7.xxxx w/ majority of submitted bugs fixed.

Confirm Bugs fixed/Stable.

Release That version of 1.2.7 on the Non-Beta Update Server

Anybugs from that point on would prolly be put out in patches or internal updates and merged into the 1.2.7. Version Stream at some point.

I would prolly say this one........ 50/50 chance of being right.....:)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Added a more comprehensive Mi-8MTV2 changelog:

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

• Added Mi-8 Spring Tension campaign EN and RU. Beta
  • Adjusted main rotor droop (underspeed) dynamics in the flight model
  • Implemented tailboom strike modeling
  • Installation of IR suppression devices will now reduce the helicopter’s IR signature and performance characteristics (slightly lower engine power output)
  • Implemented RI-65 voice warning system failure reporting (WIP)
  • RI-65 and autopilot stabilization channels will now be on by default when starting “hot”
  • Implemented ESBR (electrical bomb release control panel) functionality with all associated weapon systems modeling
  • Corrected the number of preset channels for the R-863 radio
  • Circuit breaker “bump plates” are now clickable and animated
  • UV-26 countermeasures dispenser will now indicate selection of port/starboard/both release modes
  • Added visual canopy damage effects in the cockpit
  • Numerous updates and corrections to elements of cockpit geometry, textures, and lighting
  • New custom sounds for numerous cockpit switches/controls, pilot blisters, cabin door, and engine start audio
  • Restored wheel brake volume level in the cockpit
  • Updated Autostart and Autostop scripts
  • Implemented airframe configuration panel in the Mi-8MTV2 Helicopter Group menu of the ME to control setting of engine IR suppression devices, weapon hardpoints, addon armor plates, and engine lifespan condition (WIP)
  • Added numerous new skins
  • Added command to toggle mirrors ([M])*
  • Expanded list of assignable joystick commands*

Also, added to the UH-1H:

• Reduced recoil when firing unguided rockets

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Added a more comprehensive Mi-8MTV2 changelog:

Implemented airframe configuration panel in the Mi-8MTV2 Helicopter Group menu of the ME to control setting of engine IR suppression devices, weapon hardpoints, addon armor plates, and engine lifespan condition (WIP)

Oh, that sounds interesting! Good to hear we've got some Mi-8 stuff to look forward to.

Great patch! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]