New video - DCS World Tv Commercial

script should be like

Be the pilot you always wanted to be.

Choose your aircaft, from legendary warbids to modern fighter jets, and join your brother in arms in epic dog fights at high speed. Or provide Close Air Support to save your troops on the ground .

Get DCS world for free at and expend your experience online.

Are you up to the challenge ? (Or the battlefields awaits you) , find out more at dcs-world.com

My two cents

Voice actors top choice

Mark Meer

Lance Enriksen

Liam Nelson

Sylvester Stallon

Anthony Hopkins

Honest trailer voice

Ralfidude

Morgan Freeman

Jean Claude Vandamme

The guy that voices all the trailer

Louis Gossett Jr,.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis Gossett Jr,.

:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To be frank I didn't like any of them, at least the second one had a decent voice over (sorry wags), I am sure you can get a better one very cheap, just look around in the something awful voice talent thread, there are lots and lots of voice actors that do professional work.

The script is awful though.

"feel the power" really?

At the very least put in that the game is free to play in there some where.

• Like 1

I tend to prefer the version 1. The voice and the tone seems to have more energy (less generic) but the second version has a better sound mixing (it may be the mic), much clearer on top of the sound effects and music.

In my opinion, both voice over lack a bit of energy, mostly because the 'Invincible' soundtrack and the dynamic cuts from the vid have a stronger energy. The contrast is very noticeable.

Another thing for the version 1 and 2: when it says: 'Feel the speed', it's synchronized on top of the Ka-50 cockpit view, and a F-15 missile launch. I know it's very difficult to stick to the content if it wasn't precisely storyboarded but it feels a bit weird (to me at least). And in the first version 'Feel the speed…' let us wait for the 'Feel the rush' but the duration between the two is a bit long.

Of course those are just my personal opinions from a critical point of view. I just hope it could help improving the video, if you think my points are relevant.

Nice work anyway. DCS is a great piece of work and it deserves the best. :thumbup:

[EDIT]: and that F-15 AFM definitely looks super sexy!

Edited by Bourrinopathe
Amazed

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

[…] also avoid pitching down the song while the voice are comming, this looks (hears) bad, keep the music at a constant lower tone

Perfectly right. Modifying the background sound level too much is like hearing someone messing up with the volume slider.

As the voice goes for 30s and the background goes for 30s there shouldn't be any noticeable volume variations.

I'll take an example full of excellent mixing and composition techniques. It's a very different theme and way longer but you'll notice the sound mixing approach with sound effects, music and voice over.

>>> It's also very dynamic <<<

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Version 2 in the absence of morgan freeman.

He does a pretty killer Morgan Freeman impression actually. :music_whistling:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

F18 E from Cortex or F18C from ED or just a normal one piloted by an AI ?

Damm i hate those teaser :lol: . When will the question be answered ?

Charlie version, most certainly AI piloted ;)

EDIT: By the way, maybe 2014 would be the 'hornet's year'...

From an Oooold thread (May 2013) "In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year." SOURCE

And, Augustus 2013

"Honestly, I would not expect any new on Hornet until this time next year at the earliest." SOURCE

Sorry for the off topic...

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Charlie version, most certainly AI piloted ;)

EDIT: By the way, maybe 2014 would be the 'hornet's year'...

From an Oooold thread (May 2013) "In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year." SOURCE

And, Augustus 2013

"Honestly, I would not expect any new on Hornet until this time next year at the earliest." SOURCE

Sorry for the off topic...

I hope so but ED is already busy with

EDGE

F15 Su27 AFM , Mig29 external internal pit

CA 1.5

Multi Crew

So many awaited features, i hope they still have time to sleep and manage their forces

:cry:

• ED Team

Just to put an end to any speculation, the above picture posted from my facebook page is not in-sim. Just a real photo, with some fancy color corrections. Funny how so many thought it was from the sim. :P

When I post a screen from DCS: F-18C, whenever that may be, you will know about it. ;)

But now, back on topic! :)

I bet you enjoyed letting that tease linger for a little while though. ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

dont be sad, someone promised some jaw-dropping in-sim images onto the next week ;)
They did? :huh:

Nice to finally see a commercial for DCS. It's most definitely deserving of one!

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA