Community A-4E

here we go again... =P

No, at this time we have no public ETA. We're still creating our final punchlist for the mod.

--gos

If you don't mind the interview question, if you can, what sort of features are you hopeful to implement that you haven't so far? What features have you written off as impossible without the SDK?

If you don't mind the interview question, if you can, what sort of features are you hopeful to implement that you haven't so far? What features have you written off as impossible without the SDK?

As far as we can tell, radios require the SDK. Same for any air-to-ground weapon that requires passing target information.

• Like 1

She looks great, outstanding! thanks for the update.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

yes. I dont recall which APR it had.

Edit: Was it the APR-27?

The base avionics package for early A-4Es didn't have any RWR.

AN/APR-25 was an option with the proper AFC, which also required the avionics hump.

A-4F models which were retrofitted with the fin tip pod at the top of the tail got an even newer RWR system.

--gos

Edited by gospadin

• 3 weeks later...
Any news about this project ?

Usually End of the month...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm starting to go into withdrawls. I've got the shakes and cold sweats too. I feel so dirty! It's hell being a Scooter junkie!!! :cry:

Hang in there buddy, we'll get through this! ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Community A-4E: September 2017 Update

Hi everyone. Sorry we're a day late!

For September, we'd like to show some of the unwrap & PBR material conversion that our artists have been making. The move to PBR in the new engine requires a lot of trial-and-error in different lighting conditions and that's where most of the month has gone. With PBR being the future of the DCS rendering engine, we figured it was time to make the conversion.

While the unwrap is still not complete (you'll see the matte throttle handle and toggle switches), it's coming along slowly-but-surely.

Left-side objects:

AvCIDBf.jpg

Right side objects:

Og3YpmP.jpg

Leather head-rest:

W46gIZb.jpg

Cockpit from the model viewer:

IJqutmF.jpg

Over the shoulder view:

EFa5R7j.png

Tuned warning lamps:

pz8iQzE.jpg

And a bonus shot of plusnine's Israeli livery:

8yE8cmR.png

As to other work, the only code change this month was some internal re-plumbing of the navigation system to work better with the T4 maps (NTTR, Normandy and in the future Caucasus)

Thanks for everyone's support!

--gos

Edited by gospadin

beautiful man, thank you!