VPC Configurator Software

Cyph3r

Hi guys,

Yes as someone already said, the setup process is annoying and confusing.

Please make some good video on the tube channel, people can setup their stuff easy way, and not messing the firmware and other stuff.

PLEASE DO IT FIRST !!!

A good video.

My question -

Is there a way to make the throttle know that there is MT50 stick, and some way to make the 5 mode switch affect the stick buttons according to its position.

Thank you.

IAI KFIR C2/C7 MOD dev blog

DISCORD pitkun#2175

THIS. Halleluja.

Currently, I have the Throttle with Configurator software in "SYNC" (Green) mode and dated as follows VID: 03EB PID: 2048 VPC-Throttle (VPC-JOY-180913) + Device PCB = VPC.CNT.V06.

Now here's the problem:

I have Win7Pro 64 bit PC by the way - and currently have only the VKB GunFighter II Stick as hardware with DCS' F/A-18 (in SIM mode) - and the VKB works fine. But I simply don't understand how to map Virpil's peripheral wrt its button presses in DCS as an added peripheral.

I did manage to mapped all 6 Axis on the Virpil Throttle - and its working fine ingame and as per DCS OPTIONS CONTROL Menu, but not a single button ON the Throttle can be mapped (in DCS' CONTROLS screen that is) even though DCS sees/recognizes Virpil's throttle ingame.

Heck, DCS' Controls menu wont even allow me to OPEN its scroll menu to ADD a button throttle press in the first place. :cry:

Frankly, I am as confused as puke in a tumble drier and prolly have fouled up more then I should admit.

So if somebody can show me HOW to MAP all those nifty toggles/buttons on my T-50 Throttle ( which by the way is a damn beautiful piece of hardware) to DCS, I might just offer to pay for their MARS passenger ticket in the near future. :helpsmilie:

You can try to pull the USB cable out and then back in, did the trick for me.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

You can try to pull the USB cable out and then back in, did the trick for me.

That did it for me too! As simple as that. :doh:

Thanks mate.

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

That did it for me too! As simple as that. :doh:

Thanks mate.

Only problem is that i have to plug it every time back in when i start my pc.

Hopefully Virpil will fix this.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Is there now, or will there be in the future, any capability to send a different button push using a push and hold function. For Example using the upper right 2 way on the MT50 stick for forward short and forward long to do a different action - similar to how warthog boat switch can be used in A-10c module?

thanks!

Joystick Gremlin, Key2Joy and UCR in mean time fill in all missing advanced functions (including hold, tempo and advanced macros, profiles on the fly and what not).

VPC software already has really well working button 2 axis (this is awesome for TDC), axis 2 button, versatile switch function config (latching, momentary encoder - any switch can be configured like that) axis merging, profile switching etc.

The major things I am missing are

• tempo eg. press X get A logical, press X again get B logical, X again, get A etc. (ABCDEFG... would be good too). Have a timeout parameter - reset the sequence after given time of inactivity eg. 20 seconds, start from A no matter where we stopped before.
  • hold eg. press X for 0.01 seconds, get A, press X for 1 second get B etc.

This hobby at "high end" requires a bit of technical inclinations, but it's not rocket science.

ps. I've attached the profile I use which has additional X/Y axis - they are coupled to 5-way hat, good for TDC with some curves. Also two switches on the right (T2&T3) are reprogrammed to latching, so UP/DOWN positions are separate logical buttons and hold they value (gear, master arm etc.). Made it in VPC_Configurator_Light_20180913_upd3. You will need to backup your keybindings in DCS and restore them after you upload this profile to your device. No warranty and support too ;)

VPC Throttle_MT50 [PCBv06] - latching T2-T3 and axis slew.zip

Edited by mdee

UCR Rulez.

Yes, I just loaded the default profiles in the VPC Software one time, calibrated, saved it and never opened the software again. The Brake lever is already a button, too. So... UCR for the rest.

I like it, that u dont have a driver for the Virpil products. Ur burn all information for a default windows joystick to the firmware. That is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

All of the buttons or just some of them? If none of them are working, check the cable connection.

I don't even use separate profile for Warthog grip, just loaded the T-50 profile into the base and swapping the grips works fine. The profile would be needed if you wanted some physical buttons mapped to different DX buttons, or different deadzone to account for heavier Thrustmaster grip.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

All of the buttons or just some of them? If none of them are working, check the cable connection.

I don't even use separate profile for Warthog grip, just loaded the T-50 profile into the base and swapping the grips works fine. The profile would be needed if you wanted some physical buttons mapped to different DX buttons, or different deadzone to account for heavier Thrustmaster grip.

So just to clarify - Before, I was using the T50 base with the Warthog grip as just a plug-and-play unit. Windows recognized them both and the base + grip buttons worked as advertised. I noticed, however, that for some reason, windows would indicate full after stick deflection when in reality I had about 20% more aft travel yet to go. So I decided to load the Virpil software and followed the manual to try and get it to detect the full range of motion. The first issue I ran into was for some reason the virpil software had the X and Y axes inversed, but then I noticed the software wasn't detecting any of the buttons on the grip. I had not changed anything except software and unplugguing/replugging the USB cable during this whole process (i.e. no unplugging the grip from the base). Is there a different profile to load or setting I need to change to get the software to detect the grip?

Edited by Sport

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

All in the virpil software, do not use windows calibration.

Do step 1 and load your device.

Go down and click "import profile from file", there should be three files for each of the three grips.

Delta, MT50, or TMW for what I presume is short for ThrustMaster Warthog grip.

open that in the pop up dialog.

Click the "save device profile" button and reload again it with the newly applied profile.

Run through the virpil "Calibrate axes" and save device again.

This last step has caught me out on an occasion since it seems it doesn't report correctly until you have saved the profile to your device and loaded back in from the stick, same after a calibration.

On the latest software version you might get an incompatible firmware warning first so just run in the newer one.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Can someone explain how to set up a shift mode on the WarBRD/MT50 please. Attached is the screen where (presumably) it's done but I have no clue. Just looking for one shift mode with the pinky button on the stick as the shifter. Thanks

ShiftHelp.thumb.jpg.fbf0c46127af6daa80745608ec482f81.jpg

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Losing keybindings with profile update

Everytime I update the profile of either my throttle or warbird & T50 stick, my DCS bindings reset. It goes like this: Set up my bindings in full, make a back up of input folder, update the hardware profile in config software, open DCS, all bindings reset, exit DCS, copy saved input folder with full saved bindings into the DCS folder, open DCS, bindings still reset.

Anyway I can avoid having to set up all my bindings everytime I fiddle with the profiles?

Also if anyone can answer the riddle in the post above about how to set up shift states using the mode selector dial on the throttle that would be great!

Everytime I update the profile of either my throttle or warbird & T50 stick, my DCS bindings reset.[...]

Anyway I can avoid having to set up all my bindings everytime I fiddle with the profiles?

Stop updating the profile. :)

Everytime I update the profile of either my throttle or warbird & T50 stick, my DCS bindings reset. It goes like this: Set up my bindings in full, make a back up of input folder, update the hardware profile in config software, open DCS, all bindings reset, exit DCS, copy saved input folder with full saved bindings into the DCS folder, open DCS, bindings still reset.

Also if anyone can answer the riddle in the post above about how to set up shift states using the mode selector dial on the throttle that would be great!

Hi,

Make sure this is ZERO in the VPC_JOY_SETUP.ini file, .. in your VPC software folder ..

ResetWindowsCalibration=0

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Can someone explain how to set up a shift mode on the WarBRD/MT50 please. Attached is the screen where (presumably) it's done but I have no clue. Just looking for one shift mode with the pinky button on the stick as the shifter. Thanks

Did you find a way to do this?

Thanks Tom. So this will stop the bindings resetting with a profile update or will it ensure that when I copy backed up bindings back into DCS that they copy across?

Hi,

It's not so much the bindings resetting, as it is .. a Joystick with a different name, .. with nothing bound to it.

e.g. if you created your DCS bindings with this .. VPC MT50 Flightstick {9DF10F30-B7FD-11e8-8002-444553540000}

.. and after playing around with your VPC Profile, .. and it resetting the Windows calibration, .. DCS will create something like this ..

VPC MT50 Flightstick {663DF270-DBA6-11e8-8002-444553540000}

.. as it thinks it's a different joystick.

DCS creates those long numbers .. :(

Your old joystick bindings should still be there, albeit under a different name. You can either rename the lua file to the new name, .. or, copy and paste your settings, from one file to the other.

Easiest just to rename the file .. :)

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Hi,

It's not so much the bindings resetting, as it is .. a Joystick with a different name, .. with nothing bound to it.

e.g. if you created your DCS bindings with this .. VPC MT50 Flightstick {9DF10F30-B7FD-11e8-8002-444553540000}

.. and after playing around with your VPC Profile, .. and it resetting the Windows calibration, .. DCS will create something like this ..

VPC MT50 Flightstick {663DF270-DBA6-11e8-8002-444553540000}

.. as it thinks it's a different joystick.

DCS creates those long numbers .. :(

Your old joystick bindings should still be there, albeit under a different name. You can either rename the lua file to the new name, .. or, copy and paste your settings, from one file to the other.

Easiest just to rename the file .. :)

Cheers

Tom

Ah OK I get it thanks, so by stopping Windows calibration DCS will still recognise the joystick as the same previous device and pull in the previous settings.

Did you find a way to do this?

No, not yet. I posted the same question on Virpil's forum. Will let you know if I get a response there.

Edited by Patersonski

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

thank you OP, this was very helpful. I reviewed it, (and youtube), prior to setting up my new WarBRD.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 5 weeks later...

Are there any release notes on the latest software/firmware updates?

Was wondering wether or not to update my WarBRD & MT-50 Throttle, all is working very well at the moment and I don't feel like re-doing all the bindings in DCS after updating.

So, is there a must-have feature or option or otherwise which makes it more or less mandatory to update? :)

• 2 weeks later...

No idea how relatd.

By in DCS, and only in DCS after getting a warbrd for my delta grip.

my T50 gimbal with mongoose grip was identified in DCS as Warbrd + Delta. Where as my Warbrd is identified as intended as Left Warbrd + Delta.

It hasn't changed identifier anywhere else so something might have happened on the DCS side of things.

Edit:

My bad it seems, had applied new firmware and forgot to recalibrate.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.