Erm....IRIS Simulations..Where?

*Rage*

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on their facebook page a while ago enquiring as to their DCS status and was ignored/no response received. Might be that they realised that they bit off too much to chew. No shame in that, although would have been decent to provide some type of statement/explanation.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The other day there was something in the IRIS forum about their partnership with Metal2Mesh falling through. Perhaps this had disastrous ramifications for their DCS prospects?

MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 OC 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | DCS Fw 190 D-9 Dora | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3

Might be that they realised that they bit off too much to chew. No shame in that, although would have been decent to provide some type of statement/explanation.

Methinks Viper hit the nail on the head, on both counts.

Btw, if you want a response on their FB page, just ask about the Mudhen...they respond real quick and tell you to take it to their support line. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well in absence of an official statement one never knows, perhaps it was the other way around, i.e. already having problems and m2m decided to stop working with them before everything goes south and be caught in any problems with customers. But who knows.

Anyway some people always said that two f15e was a waste of resources, now that problem is solved :D lets hope that the other one survives

Seems like I've been right with my predictions... unfortunately? In my opinion they're very overrated company with some mediocre planes in FSX and poor support. Now with DCS they had "big eyes" or smelled money and thought "yeah, we pulled off some sales in FSX, we can do same in DCS". Well, hello! This is not civil simulator where you can justify missing systems and poor dynamics by saying "there's no use for it here". It's either everything or nothing.

I would like to be wrong, but I'll not believe them until I have finished product in my hands*.

*In case they'll come back

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

From an inside source Iris lost its contract as they were unable to deliver...
and here is another undocumented source:

Iris stopped the development because they had some "inside source" information that ED will next year only developed apps for android and the I-phone.

...please don't get me wrong.

I'm not asking for any proof of any info / rumours.

I just wanted to post also something without a value,

just to compromise someone...

Edited by PeterP

Don't you have me put my hook on Peter!lol...

Unfortunately that is all that can be said, however I understand that it does not fill your appetite for a verified information, but that is all I can serve you for now.

Take it or leave it.

Edited by Jazz001

and here is another undocumented source:

Iris stopped the development because they had some "inside source" information that ED will next year only developed apps for android and the I-phone.

...please don't get me wrong.

I'm not asking for any proof of any info / rumours.

I also just wanted to post something in this thread that has no value at all, as long there is nothing official.

One would have to expect wild speculation when you have a situation like this. Heck 90% of the posts on this forum are speculation based on other then fact

Edited by smnwrx

Damn that's a pity, was looking forward to the F14. Fingers crossed another company picks it up. But to be honest not that surprised.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

IRIS Simulations still hold a license, so please don't worry about that.

Their forum section still exists, it is just hidden at this time. Hopefully they will have DCS-related developments to show in the not too far off future, and then the section will return.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

IRIS Simulations still hold a license, so please don't worry about that.

Their forum section still exists, it is just hidden at this time. Hopefully they will have DCS-related developments to show in the not too far off future, and then the section will return.

Since it's not publicly visible, we can post anything we want in there, right?

Edit: damn... you're already ahead of me... everything is locked down :cry:

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Was the P-51 the last Aircraft to be released? It seems like the craft being dropped into DCS is about 1 every 1.5 to 2 years. Wow.

what has the p-51 to do with IRIS ?!:huh::doh:

and after the P-51 they put out FC3...

and 1-2 years for a complex plane like the A-10/blackshark/oranyotherDCSlevel plane is quite ok

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

They did seem to have a major internal (quick cash or better quality upfront) issue, appearing in public as to which direction to take which never is a good look. Perhaps there were more serious issues than that at their base camp as well...

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

They did seem to have a major internal (quick cash or better quality upfront) issue, appearing in public as to which direction to take which never is a good look. Perhaps there were more serious issues than that at their base camp as well...

perhaps

and in one of their last reply they were looking for a C++ programmer

and perhaps base codes are not (fully) ready by ED for 3rd parties

perhaps thats why mig-21 not released too

perhaps thats my two cents :(

sign-pic4.jpg

Come on guys, seriously, no need for conspiracy theories.

The section was inactive for a while.

We in forum administration are constantly worried about longitudinal distance of scrolling; each root-level section takes up space in the browser. This also means that our friends in russia have to scroll further.

For this reason, we try to keep this scrolling distance as clean as other interests allow.

Please secure your tin foil hats. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester