DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

I agree that all military aircraft devs should drop FSX as a platform and switch to DCS but sadly it doesn't seem to be happening fast enough, if at all.

I guess FSX is probably easier to program for and still brings in the money...

Hopefully when one developer makes an absolute killing in DCS with a high fidelity fighter, others will see that there is a huge market here and jump ship too.

I swear, the first team to get a modern (post 1970) fighter out with AFM and fully clickable, realistic, accurate cockpit is going to make an absolute fortune.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, the first team to get a modern (post 1970) fighter out with AFM and fully clickable, realistic, accurate cockpit is going to make an absolute fortune.
That could very well be this one. Being developed for two platforms means they can put more resources towards it, and much of the resources and experience should be recyclable from the FSX version and the T-2.
UNLESS something unforseen by us happens, this bird will hit the DCS skies this very same year.
The F-86 and MiG-21 are pre-1970; IRIS has been mostly silent; no info on the F/A-18C; The Eurofighter and F/A-18E both have more complex avionics and are probably waiting on ED to implement things; and the F-15C and Su-27 won't have clickable pits.

The Mirage 2000C is also older than the F/A-18E and Eurofighter, so I would expect it to be more precise from a systems standpoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MiG being modeled is a modernized version FYI. Still not up to par with the super modern aircraft, but it's probably going to be able to hold its own in the semi-modern era as well (F-16A, M III, Draken, etc.)

Also, depending on the lot number and the level of cooperation TFC has with the U.S. Navy, the F/A-18C may be either more or less accurate than many other aircraft from the era. I would admit, a lot 20 F/A-18C would be pretty nice though.

Oh but what I wouldn't give for a good F-14D

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Everyone wants the "D" :D

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

2000N forever !

;p

Anyway I am looking forward this "old" 2000C for both FSX & DCS

If you have spare time feel free to model a 2000-5 :)

RDY radar and more fire power are always welcome.

Forget the 2000D however, we already got enough attack aircrafts in DCS ^^

(just kidding)

Keep up the good work.

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Great to see that the 2KC has its own sub forum :). Finally an official announcement.

I did buy the FSX version even if I'm not flying on FSX just to see what's coming to DCS. And I can tell you that they already have done a beautiful work for an open ALPHA.

I just can't wait to see it in my DCS collection :)

Regards,

Max

So... basicaly we could have T-2 within this year, and instead we will have Mirage for like 2-3 years? Seems legit. Why couldn't you just finish what you've started and then go to the next thing?
Clearly you missed this post:
Completely understand you, but trust me, if you could see the amount of airframes almost there, for DCS that have to be put on hold due to stuff not in our hands, you´ll say Oh good Lord!. Seriously, sometimes we are in the hands of ED and the continuous evolving of DCSW, the bright side of this is that they are there, waiting for the right time. The M2000C was moved forward over the T-2 for various reasons, sometimes we have to make a big business decision and we took it for the M2000C, UNLESS something unforseen by us happens, this bird will hit the DCS skies this very same year.

Best regards

Prowler

I am also disappointed about the T-2, but I am looking forward to the Mirage parce que j'aime la France.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:P :D

5:27 to 5:39 .... what an f... awesome cloud base scene !!!! :thumbup:

thx for sharing mate

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

What a delightful video! Thanks for sharing!

@Metal2Mesh/RAZBAM team: Superbe travail! Ça va être un immense plaisir de mettre les pattes sur cette bestiole mythique! Prenez votre temps pour bichonner le bébé ;)

(Awesome work! That will be a huge pleasure to fly that mythic beast! Take the time you need to polish the baby)

I remember I've read F-16 pilots saying the M2000 was "a delight to fly". With the planned AFM it certainly will provide an exquisite aircraft to fly in the Nevada skies.

Good luck guys!

(and please don't forget to deliver the textures templates when it's ready :thumbup:)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Can't see the video. :cry:

"This video contains content from WMG, BMG_Rights_Management, AdRev Publishing, Pathe, Warner Chappell, Sony ATV Publishing, SACEM, PEDL, PRS CS, EMI Music Publishing and UMPI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.