Su-27 for DCS World

Kenan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some solid and exhilarating news!

Thanks to ED, the legendary Flanker has been around since 1995!

Su-27_Flanker_Coverart.jpg

And soon, with a high fidelity flight model? As a free upgrade for FC3? That's fantastic.

I hope they'll celebrate that kind of dedication and passion!

Edited by Bourrinopathe
spelling

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

IM really happy they put that in there for us, but they pretty much just repeated what they said back in December of 2013...

I just want to say that I stand corrected - The news in this little update by ED kinda explains the extended work time. They kept saying that they were doing the Advanced Flight Model (AFM) and now they said they are doing the Professional Flight Model (PFM) in this update (which I kinda guessed already from the update to the F-15c that was done but ED never really stated this I dont think). That is a greater depth into the flight model :D That makes me happy.

Btw does anyone know if the pfm will be accompanied by "graphical" updates such as the afterburner(like the F-15) or maybe the vortices?

What afterburner? It's still the FC afterburner effect and it hasn't ever changed...

BTW: What's the exact difference of AFM, AFM+, EFM and PFM? I always thought there's either the old scripted LOMAC SFM or the decent DCS/Su-25 AFM. But it seems there are more different levels of FM detail now... Is this maybe just some different terms like IG and EDGE for the same thing?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
What afterburner? It's still the FC afterburner effect and it hasn't ever changed...

BTW: What's the exact difference of AFM, AFM+, EFM and PFM? I always thought there's either the old scripted LOMAC SFM or the decent DCS/Su-25 AFM. But it seems there are more different levels of FM detail now... Is this maybe just some different terms like IG and EDGE for the same thing?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

R-77 is broken beyond measure as it is now. It needs to be fixed first IMO.

I don't think it will ever be added to the Flanker's arsenal as this particular topic had already been discussed extensively and to no avail.

Same for the P version of the R-27 family, there doesn't seem to be any proven record of its usage in actual combat. In addition, imagine how would it be if people had to turn their radar off every time a Flanker popped up on their RWR, especially an Eagle in BVR as relying entirely on radar-guided missiles. This is one very hot topic indeed.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Do we finally get R-77, anti-radar missiles and TV-guided missiles for SU-27?

According to the Wiki on the SU-27, the S model, which we have, didnt carry those. The Su-27sm carried those weapons. Dont know how accurate Wiki is on that, but its the best I've found but it seems accurate as that's what we have in game. =P

Su-27S armament

Su-27SM armament

R-77 is broken beyond measure as it is now. It needs to be fixed first IMO.

I don't think it will ever be added to the Flanker's arsenal as this particular topic had already been discussed extensively and to no avail.

Same for the P version of the R-27 family, there doesn't seem to be any proven record of its usage in actual combat. In addition, imagine how would it be if people had to turn their radar off every time a Flanker popped up on their RWR, especially an Eagle in BVR as relying entirely on radar-guided missiles. This is one very hot topic indeed.

What exactly is it in the R-77 that needs to be fixed?

Edited by rami80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That`s nice.

Does anyboday know if ASM is planned for the Su27?

Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM). An ASM enabled aircraft goes into great depth to model the intricacies of the various cockpit systems, to include functionality for almost all the buttons, switches, dials, etc. A key element of an ASM cockpit is the ability to interact with it using your mouse. ASM DCS examples include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

At least we get an update is five weeks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: