I'm happy now I have purchased F-86

ivo

just bought it!!! :pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I just put the F-86F through it's first paces and I must say I'm really surprised with the quality of the module =) I did a cold start, take-off, landing and I shot some bogeys down. Just one question about the A-4 Bomb-Rocket-Sight:

Is it supposed to be so damn jittery when a target (or the ground) is outside of a valid tracking range? The range indicator jitters at around 2400 ft/ like crazy until a target is closer than say 1500 ft.

Anyway, I'm off to do some more flying *big smile* =D

EDIT: And why isn't there a key bind for the mechanical caging lever?! Did I miss it? It's a bit annoying to have to manually click on the thing with the mouse when entering the AO.

I also could not find a key for the caging lever. Probably has yet to be implemented. Hopefully in an update they can add a key.

• Like 1

For the ones who can't fly her right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1K4mBfg7s

I made a short (uncut) video of one of my first startup, take-off and intercept =)

Some notes:

* Still trying to figure out how nosewheel steering works

* Yes, I F-10'ed once, am I a cheater now?! =)

* And yes, the Mig went down in the end :p

My updater has stuck on 994.7 of 996.9 MBytes. The green bar still illuminates but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks

NM I cancelled it reran updater and it was complete :)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I am highly delighted with this. Anyone who doesn't buy it is missing out on a very very nice model. I loved seeing the tracer rounds splashing off the road when I tried a strafing run, and the exhaust smoke in the rear view mirror is a nice touch too!

Very very very well worth the wait.

Belsimtek have given us yet another excellent product. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Came home from work at 17:15, saw the news on facebook, bought it, was flying it at 17:25 :pilotfly: Plane stalls way faster than I expected though, already crashed it multiple times :P

I don't have any engine sounds in my F-86. I downloaded the module with the ingame module manager.

Any ideas?

Try to repair DCS world (start menu -> all programs -> eagle dynamics -> dcs world -> repair dcs world)

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Try to repair DCS world (start menu -> all programs -> eagle dynamics -> dcs world -> repair dcs world)

I did but it didn't help, although it downloaded some files. All other modules work just fine and it is only the engine sound that is missing. All other sounds, like the gun or the canopy closing are there.

Edit:

My game sounds like this. Is this really supposed to be this quiet? In the dogfighting video the engine was much, much louder.

Edited by audax

Maybe it is just be a problem of perception. I think at first the sound really did not work for me, then I repaired the installation but my headphones were too quiet.

The dogfight video is probably just much louder.

I struggle to hear flaps and gear moving. Think I have to go through my audio settings. Sounds good in all other modules though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I'm not happy i can't install this module in steam

the installer say me a mesage "DCS WORLD 1.2.9.30604 must be installed".

Why? Im updated tne DCS in Steam

Edited by wawa

Userbar1.gif

A-10C_UserBar_01.gif

falconlogo.jpg

I'm not happy i can't install this module in steam

the installer say me a mesage "DCS WORLD 1.2.9.30604 must be installed".

Why? Im updated tne DCS in Steam

It's not released for Steam yet. Later in the summer they said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]