DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

Absolutely mindblowing Newsletter.

BIG THANK YOU ED ! WOW. cant wait for DCS 2.0.

regarding the new map , pls let this new map be a desert / middle East scenario !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the newsletter for the fourth time this makes me so excited for the future of DCS!

Also, somewhat hoping the F-18 map will be Korea. It would serve two purposes(Sabre and Mig fights) and I could also relive my childhood and fight over Korea in F/A-18C again :)

Thanks again for the wonderful update Eagle!

Edit: Hate to ask, but could we get higher res versions of the two released Hornet pit pictures please? Would love to see that.

Edited by Scoggs

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• ED Team
It appears that Lancaster flight engineers also had pilots training, so maybe they could implement multiplayer seat swapping. (seat swapping is already possible in the Huey.)

Would be interesting option if the pilot became incapacitated and another member of the crew could move up to take over his duties... Pman, are you listening?? :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

what I'm really excited about from all this, is the Alba, and the fact that it will feature true 2 seater experience makes me bombastic (old term... sorry)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

regarding the new map , pls let this new map be a desert / middle East scenario !

A map of the Persian Gulf centered around say Kuwait City would be excellent! That area would support campaigns for both Desert Storm and Desert Shield and hopefully include all of Kuwait and parts of Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia...

Then follow-on maps could connect to this one and include Syria, Jordan, Israel and Lebanon and part of Turkey..

That would keep the scenario builders busy for some time!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Hi I agree like the old goodies - (ODS) Operation Desert Storm Theater.........

:thumbup:

The desert middle east maps or terrains always look good in sims also so many historical facts on past wars can be found for campaign mission situations keeping it realistic + 1 and with Update 2.0.0 + EDGE + F-18 + Carrier Ops it would be a treat :thumbup: :smilewink:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

The desert middle east maps or terrains always look good in sims also so many historical facts on past wars can be found for campaign mission situations keeping it realistic + 1 and with Update 2.0.0 + EDGE + F-18 + Carrier Ops it would be a treat :thumbup: :smilewink:

good additional Point ! :thumbup:

DCS F18C Carrier Ops + new Middle east map would FIT PERFECTLY TOGETHER and would be A BLAST in DCS Sim Experience and Mission possibilies !!!

f18_zps25f45868.jpg

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Yes, e-shop is correct.

That makes me sorta sad. :(

I was all set to buy 6 modules based on the sale price information in the email newsletter, now I learn that we were sent incorrect information. The price difference is fairly significant on some of the modules. :doh:

Oh well, I guess I didn't need them anyway.

-=gos=-

That's one fine newsletter. Lots of info we know already like the upcoming K-4 or "EDGE later this year" as well as the MiG-21bis being just around the corner. But well, as it may seem disappointing at the first glance, it's also a most recent confirm of the roadmap. Anyonce complaing shall be aware that they could also have told us "we're not gonna make it this year, please have patience" and we all know how often things have been pushed further away again and again. But now we can be quite sure to get a lot of nice things even in 2014 and there's quite some completely new announcements that once fulfilled will make DCS even better.

Also, it's awesome to see the work on the Hornet is still being done as they have been very silent about his in the past. The case they're going give us a map for it that's even going to be out before the Normandy map which is planned for May 2015, I think we might get the Hornet somewhere around christmas or early 2015. Finally! :D

Now it would be interesting what the map will be. If it's one where historical conflicts took place, it could be Persian Gulf/Iraq (Desert Storm/Shield as well as Iraqi Freedom possible), Libya and Bosnia/Kosovo. What ifs could be done anywhere else, so I don't think it will be the Korea map - I rather understand there will be two new maps - Korea for the F-86 and MiG-21 as well as one for the F/A-18.

As for the L-39.. interesting, but it's just my personal opinion: What's up with all the trainers? L-39 (now practically done twice), BAE Hawk, C-101, T-2 Buckeye, Tucano etc... don't make this DTS - Digital Trainer Simulation :)

But on the other hand I can understand why they're done as they're gladly being used by virtual aerobatics teams just like their real counterparts and most probably the ED L-39 will be a great test bed for multi crew operations.

As harsh as it sounds I think ED are right to just do what they feel is best to develop their product. They shouldn't restrict creation just because a 3rd party has 'reserved' a jet.

Who knows how long the 3rd party will take to release their project, if ever.

I'd even say: Who know how long they're actually doing it at ED? The P-51 also suddenly appeared after it has been worked on for a very long time without the knowledge of the community. So maybe the VP L-39 even is the younger project. Either way, I hope we'll not see two L-39s then, where people will start discussions on which one is better, and even more the fact that some will use ED's and others fly VP's instead. I'd rather like to have ED and VP being in contact with each other doing the thing together.

What I'm also looking forward to is the unique GUI again. Missing that from LOMAC. Finally we'll be able to look up and even change our control and maybe even other settings in MP sessions. What's even more important: Satellite map in the mission editor will be possible again as it has been removed due to the separation of the menu/ME and the sim exes. Wohoo!

Also, the announcement of the MiG-15 is great, as well as the Su-27 FM upgrade which is probably very close.

I just hope the newsletter wasn't the "much larger DCS World update" Wags spoke of (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129389). Yes, it's an update about what's going on at ED - but I still hope to see a big update on my SSD within the next weeks. At least it's pretty safe to say there will be the MiG-21 in that time frame as it's going to be released on Steam on Oct 1st :)

Can't wait for the big EDGE update and it's better performance ;)

Thanks ED, keep up the good work.

Edit :D

I'm curious about how detailed the new carrier will be... dreaming of functional lifts, ramp starting under deck, deck crew and such :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What's up with all the trainers? L-39 (now practically done twice), BAE Hawk, C-101, T-2 Buckeye, Tucano etc... don't make this DTS - Digital Trainer Simulation :)

But on the other hand I can understand why they're done as they're gladly being used by virtual aerobatics teams just like their real counterparts and most probably the ED L-39 will be a great test bed for multi crew operations.

Can't speak for every developer, but reading the posts of most, DCS is quite a step up and also a new platform to develop for, meaning they're mostly all starting with more basic aircraft to build up knowledge, skills and toolsets, before hunkering down on bigger and more complex aircraft.

good additional Point ! :thumbup:

DCS F18C Carrier Ops + new Middle east map would FIT PERFECTLY TOGETHER and would be A BLAST in DCS Sim Experience and Mission possibilies !!!

Hi JABO,

I think the more I read this Forum meaning only DCS and 3rd Party Developer info. I think after 2015 more like 2017 - 2020 we will see so much in the DCS level of sim to amaze us all.

Why..... because so much on the developer's list to do, then time to iron out bugs so forth it will take a few years, just by looking at this thread alone........... http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS development looks good in future release.

Personally I'm holding back for a mass purchase till then. I want modern models with PFM, full 3D click-able cockpits and working systems, heaps of maps!

Mainly because everything I want is still in development thats kool so I wait 2-3 years more!

It will be worth it as long as things go to plan, so exciting for sure! :thumbup:

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• ED Team
I haven't booted up DCS for 6 months because performance is so bad. I hope to be playing again with good frame rates by the time DCS 2.0 comes along.

How are you getting bad performance with that system, mine is probably half your specs and I do just fine lol...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

How are you getting bad performance with that system, mine is probably half your specs and I do just fine lol...

was thinking the same, with the indicated system specs you should do more than fine ,112th_Rossi ! :thumbup:

That's one fine newsletter.

It sure was........good read :thumbup:

I just hope the newsletter wasn't the "much larger DCS World update" Wags spoke of (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129389). Yes, it's an update about what's going on at ED - but I still hope to see a big update on my SSD within the next weeks. At least it's pretty safe to say there will be the MiG-21 in that time frame as it's going to be released on Steam on Oct 1st :)

Can't wait for the big EDGE update and it's better performance ;)

Thanks ED, keep up the good work.

I think the "big" update Wags was talking about is the extended newsletter. I too was hoping for a big DCS World update in early September, but alas reading his post again, I think he was referring to the "big" newsletter.

But like you, I'm really looking forward to the Mig-21 release SOON, and EDGE when it finally arrives later on in 2014 :)

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The case they're going give us a map for it that's even going to be out before the Normandy map which is planned for May 2015,

Besides, the way they are prioritizing the F-18 map over Normandy, I bet they are closer than you think.

I'm sorry, how are you guys arriving at this conclusion? Did I miss something?

Edited by Cornbread
Inclusion of additional quote

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry, how are you arriving at this conclusion?

Speaking Hypothetically (Meaning anything can change, etc).

if the Normandy map was due out May 2015 (as stated in the WWII Release Schedule)

and the team is working on the Map for DCS:F-18, before going back to Normandy,

One could, Hypothetically, assume that F-18 and it's Map would be done before Normandy, which would mean before May 2015, Hypothetically.

But enough of my techno-mumbo-jumbo.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This is an enormous logical leap, don't you think? They've said they've been working on the 18 for a very long time. Whenever people complain that the F/A-18 is being back-burnered in favor of, say, WWII birds (don't count me among their numbers), the response is usually that ED can walk and chew gum at the same time, and that we don't really have any inkling about how things are prioritized internally. (I agree with this assessment.)

Nowhere in the update does it say that ED is currently working on a map for the Hornet module. Wags said that and other additional assets need to be created.

I'm just saying, this kind of speculation has gotten us into trouble before. Based on the supplied screens and the additional assets that need to be created (carrier, carrier ops, new map), do we all think it's likely we're going to see this before May? Really?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice newsletter however one thing is missing from the 2.0 features list that I thought would be implemented in edge and that is proper multicore support. No word about that elsewhere (I wasn't reading the forums for some time now) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S