DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

w

Belsimtek AH-1 cobra Module (waiting for official annoucement)

i can wait for the day when i am flying a AH-1W with a buddy as a co-pilot gunner, in a multiplayer session in VIRTUAL REALITY made possible by the oculus rift.

the future is bright, and near.

Not having to use BF3 to have MP Cobra Fun. :megalol:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news letter there is so much good stuff coming. I am excited and eagerly waiting for the F-18c.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Not having to use BF3 to have MP Cobra Fun. :megalol:

i spent countless hours on BF2.

im sorry but the heli's on BF3 were straight up garbage... its like CoD for heli's..

it feelt you had more of an opportunity to roam around in BF2.

but on ward HO! with DCS World 2.0!!!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I wonder why we are talking about the ridiculous A-10 from Arma, and not all the goodies in the newsletter still lol...

THANK YOU!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

As harsh as it sounds I think ED are right to just do what they feel is best to develop their product. They shouldn't restrict creation just because a 3rd party has 'reserved' a jet.

Who knows how long the 3rd party will take to release their project, if ever.

The Virtual Patriot aren't even listed in the Third Party section. They're in the mods section. If they're confident they can put out something that will blow ED L-39 back to flight sim kindergarten then people will be all over it. I'm sure there are no easy days, but team Leatherneck not only survived internal conflicts, they're on course to release a module worthy of DCS brand.

The fact is, DCS P-51D started as an in-house technology demo; the L-39 has to be their coming-out-party for multi-crew tech.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Whats the point of a stealth ground attack aircraft if its going to have all that unstealthy ordnance hanging off of it?

Even without external ordinance that version of the A-10 wouldn't be stealthy at all. The fan blades alone would scream "radar I'm right here"

I wonder why we are talking about the ridiculous A-10 from Arma, and not all the goodies in the newsletter still lol...

Since when did a thread on these boards every stay completely on topic? ;)

That what happens when a thread grows to 300 posts in 12 hours. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would feel excited if I knew what it was !!

Mizzy

U Serious?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

If DCS: F/A-18C and the new map are related to a military contract, as some have suggested. I'd be willing to bet that NAS Lemoore or NAS Oceana and their surrounding fields would be in contention, being that both areas are very Hornet relevant to the USN.

Just a thought :)

With ED's commitment to thing I would think it likely there will be some sort of training field like there is there- painted outline of a deck with arresting gear for practice. A lot safer than driving your Hornet into the back of a carrier and having to cold pit again.

With ED's commitment to thing I would think it likely there will be some sort of training field like there is there- painted outline of a deck with arresting gear for practice. A lot safer than driving your Hornet into the back of a carrier and having to cold pit again.

If DCS: F/A-18C and the new map are related to a military contract, as some have suggested. I'd be willing to bet that NAS Lemoore or NAS Oceana and their surrounding fields would be in contention, being that both areas are very Hornet relevant to the USN.

Just a thought :)

Guys:

and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

In which case, they better model my house and more importantly my Gaming setup in my room visible from the window accurately.

I'm the guy with the sign on his roof that says "if you can read this, pull up"

I may or may not hover outside your window with a huey or spy with the TGP. :megalol:

I'm hoping that new skeletal animation makes its way into the improved carrier ops. Actual hand gestures to taxi us around the deck, etc... I can dream. :)

In the near term I can't wait to explore around Nevada with the Huey. Low and slow's the way to go!

Regardless of where the new theater might be - I agree with this premise and would love to see some sort of NOLF (Navy Outlying Field) complete with FCLP hardware similar to what vLSO does for FSX:

LINK!

pass.jpg

Even having it as an optional scenery for an existing airfield would be really cool...(and *cough* getting VEAO to do a T-45..<g>)

BeachAV8R