Mustang's land textures zip file package

Hello dear Mustang,

I'm back and there's few minutes I've installed your last version and for me it's really perfect, the grass id really awesome.

Congratulation +1

Excellent :thumbup:

Just something to add, I've recently discovered a shader in Reshade that works wonders, especially if like me you use MSAA x4 with no adaptive AA or SSAA - It's called HQ4X (these are the parameters i use below)

ySYfNob.jpg

This shader really helps with any shimmering/crawling/flashing of pixels that come with MSAA, mostly with the trees and grass textures, it also softens the image and makes it look more natural.

There is also no impact on FPS with this shader, i highly recommend trying it.

qk2FPXp.jpg

bQcq1NM.png

Edited by Mustang

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a bit laggy to me with the mod. Anyone else? I'd appreciate any tips. I don't think it's my computer. Can't be...

Bless ya for the excellent work!

S!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It's just a bit laggy to me with the mod. Anyone else? I'd appreciate any tips. I don't think it's my computer. Can't be...

Bless ya for the excellent work!

S!

I had no problems with Jets (not while taxiing or approach) but I have framelosses while flying with chopper (tested with the Gazelle). After disabling the mod the frames were ok again.

Not sure what could be causing your framerates problems guys, I've been developing this mod on a pretty modest mid-range PC and have been very mindful of FPS, infact the people i fly with actually report very good performance using this mod.

I wonder if you guys have something else forced on your graphics card, like Adaptive AA or Supersampling?

I just tested again on a multiplayer server with the Gazelle and first had no problems.

But just after I switched on the Monitor for target acquiring the frames dropped from 56 frames down to 33 frames. Sound not bad but the head movement with TrackIR is realy choppy now.

Without the mod I have (when hovering 10 meters above ground) 98 frames and with monitor swicthed on 74 frames.

When I fly jets I use the Mirage, the F-5 or the Viggen. None of then have a monitor/FLIR or something that have a magnifying zoom on it. So I doesn't have problems with this modules...?!

I'm using a GeForce GTX960 with 4GB memory, standard config (Vanilla) NVidia control panel, no other grafics tool for postprocessing on Windows 10 (without any problems).

But just after I switched on the Monitor for target acquiring the frames dropped from 56 frames down to 33 frames. Sound not bad but the head movement with TrackIR is realy choppy now.

Without the mod I have (when hovering 10 meters above ground) 98 frames and with monitor swicthed on 74 frames.

When I fly jets I use the Mirage, the F-5 or the Viggen. None of then have a monitor/FLIR or something that have a magnifying zoom on it. So I doesn't have problems with this modules...?!

I'm using a GeForce GTX960 with 4GB memory, standard config (Vanilla) NVidia control panel, no other grafics tool for postprocessing on Windows 10 (without any problems).

My problem with GTX960 (or 7970) was - as Mustang mentioned - type of AA rendering (SS, MSAA).

I use Nvidia Inspector and set AA to 16x, nothing more (highest AA without any sampling), and if need be (FSX with a 7970) textures to 'performance', my guess it's a driver issue and the VGA memory gets swamped.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Not sure what could be causing your framerates problems guys, I've been developing this mod on a pretty modest mid-range PC and have been very mindful of FPS, infact the people i fly with actually report very good performance using this mod.

I wonder if you guys have something else forced on your graphics card, like Adaptive AA or Supersampling?

It's only all that noticable when flying Helicopters. If It's some configuration stuff then I'll have to look deeprer into it :book:

EDIT: It lags in planes too. Just flew low in the MiG-21 and my game froze for a couple of seconds too!

EDIT 2: Just ran some basic procedures like disk clean ups, deleting tons of temp files, cleaning up caches etc. AAAAAAND my FPS level went up :-)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Ok, little feedback:

You might be aware of this but when flying the heli you could notice some "flying" trees overhanging ridges/mountains etc. plue the terrain jutting out a ridge or a peak of a mountain in some occasions. I know this is common among terrain mods, just wanted to to let you know in case something could be done.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Ok, little feedback:

You might be aware of this but when flying the heli you could notice some "flying" trees overhanging ridges/mountains etc. plue the terrain jutting out a ridge or a peak of a mountain in some occasions. I know this is common among terrain mods, just wanted to to let you know in case something could be done.

S!

The stock textures also suffer from this bug - the only way to fix this is to totally remove or make the forest 'sub-texture' invisible, or for ED to fix so the texture hugs the terrain like it should (unlikely)

edit: you can force the subforest texture to disappear completely with a lua edit, line 26 in your lua of choice (Config\terrain folder)

subforest = {0, 0};

Edited by Mustang

The stock textures also suffer from this bug - the only way to fix this is to totally remove or make the forest 'sub-texture' invisible, or for ED to fix so the texture hugs the terrain like it should (unlikely)

edit: you can force the subforest texture to disappear completely with a lua edit, line 26 in your lua of choice (Config\terrain folder)

subforest = {0, 0};

Do I have to change the line in all the .lua files in the terrain folder or just in "Ultra" since I'm using ultra settings?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hello Mustang,

Really enjoy your textures thanks for your hard work!

I installed the pack on the first page of this thread and am not getting any grass textures showing up.

Id like to download the latest version that on page 47 but the link is dead.

Can you ploz post a valid link to the latest version?

Thanks~!

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Hello Mustang,

Really enjoy your textures thanks for your hard work!

I installed the pack on the first page of this thread and am not getting any grass textures showing up.

Id like to download the latest version that on page 47 but the link is dead.

Can you ploz post a valid link to the latest version?

Thanks~!

The grass should be working fine, what do you have your clutter set to in your DCS options? For best result put it on max.

hi, i am n00b when it comes to DCS modding. I downloaded the package in the OP and extracted it into my DCS folder. Now my terrain looks very bad. All big blotches like it's stuck on the lowest setting. help me obi wan keforum, you are my only hope!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

hi, i am n00b when it comes to DCS modding. I downloaded the package in the OP and extracted it into my DCS folder. Now my terrain looks very bad. All big blotches like it's stuck on the lowest setting. help me obi wan keforum, you are my only hope!

"

How to repair or update DCS World?

Windows Start Menu / All Apps / Eagle Dynamics. Locate the Repair option for the DCS product (version) you wish to repair.

Note that you can do both repairs and updates from this location.

Cleanup and repair

Remove your user mods if you have any, and backup any changes

go into your Eagle Dynamics\DCS World [Openalpha,openbeta]\bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

( Windows 10 creators update now uses powershell, type cmd in powershell and then continue )

Then, type the following exactly as printed:

DCS_updater.exe cleanup

this will delete all non official files

then do a dcs repair

DCS_updater.exe repair

You can find the youtube tutorial here:

"

it's a good idea to download and figure out how JSGME.exe works to install mods that can be reversed, you then also know how to properly install mods.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Also keep in mind, whenever Mustang releases a new package, he updates the first post of this thread with a new link, so there's no need to browse last pages to get it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hello dear Mustang,

Please can you tell us the difference between your two last versions:

104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (6th June)

And

104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (14th June) ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello dear Mustang,

And

Thanks again, Skull.

subforest = {0, 0}; for one

Hello dear Mustang,

And

Thanks again, Skull.

I've added a few new field textures to the spring terrain set, also tidied up some of the field textures in the summer and autumn zips.

I've added a few new field textures to the spring terrain set, also tidied up some of the field textures in the summer and autumn zips.

Great Mustang, thanks for this explanation.

Best regards.