DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

I think the photos of Nevada are all nice and all, but why can't we get some kind of resolution like that in DCS?

What? You mean.... no.... that can't be. Not that good...

OMG (is that how we spell the MGM)!!!!!! Makes sense to me.

Oh, and I thought I saw a hooker I met once there down on the strip. Well, it looked like her. I'll have to get in a Huey and swing by the strip a couple times.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the photos of Nevada are all nice and all, but why can't we get some kind of resolution like that in DCS?

What? You mean.... no.... that can't be. Not that good...

OMG (is that how we spell the MGM)!!!!!! Makes sense to me.

Oh, and I thought I saw a hooker I met once there down on the strip. Well, it looked like her. I'll have to get in a Huey and swing by the strip a couple times.

Who needs a sport car when you have a Huey

Forecast, Hoover Dam:

Massive air congestion.

Too many planes trying to fly under the bridge..

:D

11953393_10156083594770341_5284139736928699786_o.jpg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Oh man, can't wait. Installed the Open Beta last night in preparation. Was quite impressed that the installer was smart enough to copy most of the files from the regular DCS folder.

Nevada is looking great. I wonder if it ever rains in Nevada. Anyone here from Nevada? Does it ever rain there?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Will there be AI civil traffic from the McCarran int. airport?

If you mean civil AI air traffic, then Matt have it already answered with: no, in one of the Q&A from the streams.

BTW: Beautiful new screenshoots from NTTR!

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

If you mean civil AI air traffic, then Matt have it already answered with: no, in one of the Q&A from the streams.

BTW: Beautiful new screenshoots from NTTR!

It is always possible to add it manualy in the mission editor if needed for the mission. The selection of civil aircraft is pretty limited in DCS so far though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1.5 is looking very good. Can´t wait for release. For the volumetric smoke alone I could kill people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Forecast, Hoover Dam:

Massive air congestion.

Too many planes trying to fly under the bridge..

:D

11953393_10156083594770341_5284139736928699786_o.jpg

lol as soon as I saw that pic, two things went through my mind:

1. Transformers anyone??; and

2. must....fly....under....that.....bridge.....:pilotfly:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

2. must....fly....under....that.....bridge.....:pilotfly:

I will give +1 internet cookie and +1 forum rep to the first person to successfully fly between the bottom of the road and the top (highest point) of the arch and post a video or track of it.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to see civilian traffic with head lights.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I will give +1 internet cookie and +1 forum rep to the first person to successfully fly between the bottom of the road and the top (highest point) of the arch and post a video or track of it.

AFAIK Wags did that in one of his videos... :music_whistling:

With a fully loaded Mig-21, without losing any of the ordenance :megalol:

Beautiful scenery by the way! NTTR is looking epic!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

R U joking? Thats easy :D

Check this out:

Do I get a rep ? XD

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I can see, in the near future, a lot of crazy videos of ppl. flying through impossible bottlenecks of buildings and landscapes :pilotfly:

One way to discover a new map :thumbup:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

R U joking? Thats easy :D

Check this out:

Do I get a rep ? XD

You got rep, but then you lost it by flying into the building! :megalol:

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Looks like there' something to spend our money on now... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Sahweeeeeeet!!!:joystick:

*cough* trees need to blend better *cough* please don't hate me.

Edited by S3NTRY11
added self-signed death-warrant

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti