February 2015 - DCS Newsletter Discussion

Raven68

Cover720.jpg

DCS World 1.2.15 and MiG-15bis!

Both DCS World 1.2.15 and DCS: MiG-15bis are now available.

You can download DCS World 1.2.15 using the automatic updater or download the installer files here.

DCS: MiG-15bis can be purchased from DCS E-shop.

DCS: MiG-15bis product page.

We also have a series of videos to help you get started with the MiG-15bis here:

DCS2.jpg

DCS World 2

We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

NTTR1.jpg

DCS: Nevada Test and Training Map

The actual art construction (elevation mesh and textures) of this map is more-or-less done with the remaining work being performance optimization and getting the AI units to operate within the map correctly (such as airfield taxi operations). As with DCS World 2, once 1.2.15 is released, this map will be the focus of testing to get it ready for its alpha, public release.

In parallel with the new map, Red Flag campaigns for the F-15C and A-10C are in active development.

l-39c_1.jpg

DCS: L-39 Albatros

The next aircraft to be released by Eagle Dynamics will be the L-39C and the L-39ZA. Both aircraft are in a later stage of development with most of the work now focused on the various cockpit systems and flight dynamics. This will be a fully-realized module with mouse-interactive cockpit and professional flight model. Although it will not be available at launch, two-players in the same aircraft is planned for the L-39. We see this as an important feature, not just for the L-39, but other current and future DCS modules.

P47_1.jpg

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt

The next World War II aircraft for DCS World will be the Thunderbolt. As you can see by the images in this newsletter, the cockpit is quite far along and overall project status is moving along nicely. Once the Bf 109 K-4 is out of beta (good progress as you can see in the 1.2.15 preliminary change log), progress on this module will further accelerate.

SpitIX-Cockpit.jpg

DCS: Spitfire IX

Following the Thunderbolt, the next of our World War II aircraft will be the glorious Spitfire IX. While not as far along as the Thunderbolt, aspects of it are underway as evidenced by the early cockpit renders seen in this newsletter

f18_002.jpg

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

No, it’s not a myth. Work on the Hornet continues with great progress on the air-to-surface radar. The real beam mapping mode is just about done, and once complete, the team will start work on the various sub-modes. This has been a critical new technology that had to be developed from scratch for this project.

Included in this newsletter is the current status of the 6 DOF cockpit. It is still very much a work-in-progress but project development is now accelerating.

Hawk05.jpg

Hawk for DCS World

We are working closely with VEAO Simulations on preparing the Hawk for sale on the DCS e-shop. There have been a few remaining bugs that need to be resolved, but once complete, the module will be available from the DCS e-shop. In the meantime, you can download the VEAO installer here.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Just read it myself. Puts DCS F/A-18C into more perspective. I'm glad they included current renderings of the cockpit, progress is looking really good. I was also glad to hear about the progress on AG radar. 2015, maybe even late summer, still looks possible but if it takes longer then so be it.

I don't follow the WW2 aircraft as much, but progress looks good in that area as well.

DCS2.0 an NTTR is right around the corner folks. I'm confident we'll be flying over NTTR in Mar.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Thank you ED for those details. Very apreciated :)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I'm confident we'll be flying over NTTR in Mar.

Who is we? Private alpha testers (A-10C beta folks), maybe.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Who is we? Private alpha testers (A-10C beta folks), maybe.

I will be glad when they make that step for alpha public release. At least we'll know we're a step closer for public release...hopefully soon after. :noexpression:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Would love those screens at hires

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P-47 yes, yes

hopefully ASAP :)

good news

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Looks to me like the next update we will see is DCS World 2.0 public alpha if they are moving the team onto this post 1.2.15 release.......great news.

Very nice update ED.....thanks a lot.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

f-18 still far from being completed. but at least dcs 2 is getting closer

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Funny, I must have missed that statement in the newsletter...

Didn't say anything about being close either, but still...to me, good progress made with the air-to-surface radar technology.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional