Matt will give us a DCS World 2 Live Stream

A few notes before the Stream tomorrow:

1- This will be more of a Stream test than anything else. So, I will not be archiving the broadcast for later viewing. If it goes well though, I will do so in later streams.

2- Given that we are in the process of coding, a rather annoying error entered the code base yesterday. During the stream, you will see error warning windows pop up from time to time. These are due to work on the new ATC system. Keep calm and carry on.

3- Due to an issue with mouse interactive cockpits in the current build (dedug graphics showing), I'll just be using FC3 aircraft from the test stream (Su-27 and F-15C).

4- This will be the first time I have ever done a live steam, so it will probably be rather rough with a lot of ummms and periods where I have not much to say.

5- I will not be reading the stream chat, but I have one of our moderators that will be helping out. So, please do not try to ask me questions... I will not see them.

See you all tomorrow :)

Wow Matt… makes me think back to when you were auditioning. Take 10 deep breaths, Visualize the flight from start to finish, fly with confidence, avoid caffeine, do not eat or drink anything that will make you run to the bathroom, laugh as much as you can… GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4- This will be the first time I have ever done a live steam, so it will probably be rather rough with a lot of ummms and periods where I have not much to say.

No worries, Matt. The fact that you are taking the time to do this stream is good enough for me. You could be singing a country song and I still wouldn't mind ;)

REMEMBER FOLKS - BE POLITE DURING THE STREAM OTHERWISE THIS MIGHT BE THE FIRST AND LAST ONE.

We've been down this road before with the weekly updates. You still have a small few that just want to disrespect and be inconsiderate and spoil it for the rest of us. I hope lessons have been learned but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

1- This will be more of a Stream test than anything else. So, I will not be archiving the broadcast for later viewing. If it goes well though, I will do so in later streams.

Best make sure I'll [we] watch it then..;)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I'm really not trying to jump the gun here, but I do wonder what Matt's desire is on the frequency of these events IF all goes well. Could be a great promotion tool I hope.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Time GMT please...

....21:00 (9pm)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

2- Given that we are in the process of coding, a rather annoying error entered the code base yesterday. During the stream, you will see error warning windows pop up from time to time. These are due to work on the new ATC system. Keep calm and carry on.

So use last good build then. You do use some sort of version control system, don't you?

• Like 1

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

06:00 Monday 22nd Sydney (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

That's just plain rude - thanks to comments like this, this will probably be the last preview we get of DCS World 2.0 :doh:

EDIT: can't you just be happy you get to see something?

Don't think it came here to be happy or see something.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

golani79:

A few notes before the Stream tomorrow:

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Man. 3am. Guess I'll stay up for this. Wonder how long the whole thing last; I work at 8 you know.

Your choice to live in an ancient society:P

Best of luck with streaming hope all goes well. Can't imagine the pressure of performing to millions:smilewink:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]