DCS: F-5E!

Python

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I pay a pile of hard earned cash, get nothing to fly, and have to wait two months for the "early access"? Sounds like a great deal, Im in. Kidding.

Yeah, I had hoped that the release was in July (i.e., final release), and the early access release was tomorrow... :doh:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yeah, I had hoped that the release was in July (i.e., final release), and the early access release was tomorrow... :doh:

Same!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As painful as the wait is, we have been down this road before gents. IIRC we had pre-purchase for the L-39 and the M-2000C that lasted about as long as we will have to wait for the F-5E.

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So, I pay a pile of hard earned cash, get nothing to fly, and have to wait two months for the "early access"? Sounds like a great deal, Im in. Kidding.

If I understand correctly, you can pay 80% now, or 100% in two months.

Up to you.

If I understand correctly, you can pay 80% now, or 100% in two months.

Up to you.

And if I am not mistaken you get the same bonus credit also.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Well ED has done it again false hope and droped the ball on there there loyal customers.

Well i got more important things to do in real life and spend whole month in sweden on mid summer with my family and cousins and friends and especially the swedish girls :D

• Like 1

I gladly take the pre-purchase and save a few bucks...

Really don't get all the negative Bull Dung...but then that's the way the world is going now.

:spam_laser:

Yin-Yang

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Really don't get all the negative Bull Dung...but then that's the way the world is going now.

Yin-Yang

i dont think it's Negative, it's fustration. looking forward to it, lead to believe earily access "within the next month" has turned in to july, with a lack of communication that there was a delay in the development.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

Yin-Yang

Well there was an expectation of release within the first half of 2016 which implied at this point we are in now that we will have it very soon maybe in a matter of days or a couple of weeks maybe. As for myself I try to keep my expectations low, but I'm always excited about what's to come. I know I can't predict ED's timing but if you have been around these boards and followed for a while you kind of expect a slight push out of release estimates and I always try to keep in mind Matts signature for the unexpected..."EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE".

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Here's the thing guys, you will buy it or you won't. I have the C101 and the hawk but don't fly them but I bought them to support the developers because the bigger picture here is that with DCS we have an amazing environment and lots of great things happening this year.

Belsimtek have release a lot of great modules so this I am sure will be great as well.

Stay positive, it is what it is.

• Like 1

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Wow, I'm quite surprised by all the negativity about this. There's been a number of DCS modules with the option to pre-purchase, and you should all know by now that release dates can get pushed back. This is ED, not EA, their release dates are based on the product being ready to play not a corporate decision to please shareholders.

I'm hyped that we have something solid now, and I'll be buying the F-5 tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll release early July, but if not then oh well. I still can't wait to fly it.

I think you are confused.

How can i be confused?

We all been keeping a close close eye on this F-5 on last update news on April and we were all hyped and even me for this plane.

So only people confused are ones that are making news updates and ED them self.

Im still really exicted for F-5 as Belsink has did there wounders again like they did the MIG , 86 and MI-8 and UH-1H awsome work goes to them.

Edited by Yuya6104
  • Like 1

• ED Team
How can i be confused?

No ball was dropped, and no false hope was given, there was never a concrete release date given. You are allowed to be excited about new stuff, but make sure you dont confuse that excitement and make untrue statements about what is going on, everyone is working very hard to put out the best simulation of the F-5, its worth every penny and every bit of the wait.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No ball was dropped, and no false hope was given, there was never a concrete release date given. You are allowed to be excited about new stuff, but make sure you dont confuse that excitement and make untrue statements about what is going on, everyone is working very hard to put out the best simulation of the F-5, its worth every penny and every bit of the wait.

:thumbup:All have to say

Now the question is early July or late July? :music_whistling::D

From my experience here, anything before the end of August will be a success. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

DCS: F-5E!

I don't understand the negative comments either. It's a pre-purchase with a discount that should compensate the relatively long wait. I fully trust the quality of work Belsimtek and will pre-purchase today.

However Sithspawn, there wasn't a concrete date given from Belsimtek but a very concrete month of early access which is this month.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

However Sithspawn, there wasn't a concrete date given from Belsimtek but a very concrete month of early access which is this month.

+1

MODULES: FC3, M2000C, L-39C/ZA, UH-1H HUEY, A-10C WARTHOG, F-86F SABRE,MIG-15, MIG-21, KA-50,Hawk,P-51 and Nevada.

Last few pages here depicts victory of hope and anticipation over experience :).

Pre purchase periods are nothing new to DCS. Almost every single module had one. Some short, others long, as in months long. We have been able to "buy before fly" with 20% off: MiG-21, F-86, Fw-190, L-39, among others.

Whenever prepurchase is stated anywhere, it always meant this, so nothing new there.

As for the delays, nothing new either and we have always seen it happen. Dare I say, delays are more rule than exception, and I don't recall a single DCS release meeting their first estimations, even very vague ones like quarters or halves.

I will just chill, as Gazelle and all my other modules will give ample pastime before F-5 can appear on my virtual hangar :). Never really expected much for it to release too soon anyway :D.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It says release July on the latest video teaser, and I am sure we'll get it when they say we will.

I can understand the pessimism of course, and as always, patience is definitely a virtue in DCS World. But with Polychop's excellent release, I am sure all the developers will be desperately trying to match their achievement here.