DCS: F-5E!

Python

tiger can find something at 100nm, but still need to creep into 5nm to launch its missile.

hope the target won't find the hunter is running after him.

its RWR had been removed by mechanic in order to exchange vodka, plz keep secret.

in what universe can a F-5E Tiger II find a target at 100nm?...

The F-5E we are getting is equipped with the APQ-159 radar.

So it has a around 37 KM range (about 23 NM)

(Against a Small fighter sized target)

And also the Mig-21 is not that advanced.

All you can tell is there is someone in the general direction you cant say what it is or how far.

The Mig-21 has no longer radar range then the F-5E (Slightly shorter actually) but the F-5E radar is over all better.

(And Its RWR is leagues better)

Ps. Do i really need to Repeat this every one or two pages?...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps. Do i really need to Repeat this every one or two pages?...

Evidently, yes.:thumbup:

Personally, I would have been copying and pasting a long time ago.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Funny thing about, EL/M2032 :

As stated, it does not belong in the baseline F-5E we are getting, rather it is on some of the upgraded F-5 types. Aaaandd... also upgraded MiG-21 LanceR as operated by Romania :).

So it is interestingly used on both F-5 and MiG-21 upgrades :).

Thats because its an Israeli radar.

Manufactured by ELTA Division of IAI (Israel Aerospace Industries).

From what I remember this was an upgrade program for the Brazilian F-5E and included ability for AIM-9 or Python 4 AAM on the outer underwing pylons (total of 4x AAM capability). Radar guided AAM capability of this program was for the Rafael Derby active radar guided missile.

edit: Elbit was the main contractor for the Brazilian F-5 upgrade program with IAI's ELTA Division a subcontractor. IAI on its own actually have quite a few variations of the program and have delivered to some other countries including Chile, Turkey, Spain and even the USAF!

http://www.iai.co.il/2013/17866-37523-en/Business_Areas_Military_Aircraft_Upgrades.aspx

The was another program with the EL/M2032 for the Romanian MiG-21 LanceR as stated.

Cheers!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Looks like there is a delay and it won't come this month: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2781413&postcount=26

It's now supposed to come in "summer" as a beta and not this month as has been said in one of the recent newsletters (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2737668&postcount=23). :(

Well, business as usual I guess^^

early acccess alpha isnt the same thing as beta.

so while beta might be summer, alpha or early access release could still be sooner :smilewink:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Does the F-5E have any BVR missile?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

tomorrow begins the pre-sale.

http://www.belsimtek.com/news/1641/

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

No.

The standard F-5E we are getting Is armed with Aim-9s only.

At the Very Least rear aspect Aim-9B and Aim-9P3 but hopefully they will add either the Aim-9P4 Or Aim-9P5 All aspect variants as well (That would be 100% realistic as many if not most of the Major Users of the F-5E has been using the All aspect variants since the 80s/90s)

So IR missiles only no Radar guided or BVR missiles but they should be more then enough to counter Mig-21s especially if we get one of the All Aspect Aim-9P variants.

nope.

only modernized ones like the ones used by Brazilian AF have Aim120 capabilty.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Well, there we have another delay of just 1-2 Months. :(

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Well, there we have another delay of just 1-2 Months. :(

This from the Belsimtek website...

F-5E Tiger II module development has transitioned to the final phase. Current level is already close to the “early access” requirements. April tasks for works on the project are completed. Especially we are proud with the progress in flight dynamics, its fine tuning. The full English manual and interactive tutorial missions are being completed. With the active help of volunteers in English manuals corrections we’ve managed to increase module readiness level by the time customers get “early access” product.

Nevertheless the model is very complex, it’s not possible to identify all the issues with our internal tester team, and therefore we’ve decided to keep the two stage scheme: “Early access” at first, some time for customer testing and then – “Release”.

The pre-purchase for F-5E Tiger II will be available on May 20, 2016! Purchasing the module now saves 20% from its full price during “Early access” and “Release”, as well as adds 20% from full price to your bonus account!

In reference to the statements in bold it makes me wonder with the 2 stage scheme and the promoted release being in July will early access possibly be for June?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I know very little about the F-5... (Didn't even know what it looked like until a few weeks ago) What is it going to bring to the table? Being limited to WVR makes me think it won't stand a chance against modern fighters. (Feel free to correct me)

Somebody mentioned that this is a very maneuverable craft... how so? I don't see any special control geometry for low speed, and it's going to be limited by the pilot's G tolerance like every other fighter at high speed.

Nobody? Okay, off to Wikipedia I go.

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

When the F-5 fires it's cannons at sec 42/43 a cover in front of the cannon opens, what is the function of that cover?

The small Doors/Flaps are opened to direct the Exhaust Fumes from the guns firing over the cockpit.

Since without the Doors to force the Fumes over the cockpit allot of it would be sucked into the engine which could cause engine Problems.

cool

we had the F5E in operation for several years, until getting the EUFI, i will ask some pilotes to compare belsimteks to the real experience, sure belsimtek has done a great job.

LOXZ

I know very little about the F-5... (Didn't even know what it looked like until a few weeks ago) What is it going to bring to the table? Being limited to WVR makes me think it won't stand a chance against modern fighters. (Feel free to correct me)

Somebody mentioned that this is a very maneuverable craft... how so? I don't see any special control geometry for low speed, and it's going to be limited by the pilot's G tolerance like every other fighter at high speed.

it's hecka small, small return and hard to spot. it's not jousting material but jousting is by far not the only way to conduct a2a. :)

aerodynamics isnt something you can simply eyeball. what the f-5 does obviously have though are lerx which help with high aoas. it's got tiny wings so it's going to outroll something like a tomcat or flanker.

expect a large number of sneaky 9 and gun kills from experienced pilots and a lot of sneaky wtf inducing friendly fire incidents from inexperienced pilots.

the f-5e will be an infamous force of nature on mp, it's going to be delicious.

It does indeed not stand a chance against modern fighters, at least not in BVR. It's a 3rd generation fighter aircraft and is comparable to the MiG-21. It has seen action in Vietnam and has been exported to many countries. It has been used in the US Air Force Agressor Squadrons till 1990 and still serves in the Navys Agressor squadrons, because of it's great maneuverability.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nobody? Okay, off to Wikipedia I go.

First of all its an old aircraft.

With the First F-5 variant entering service in the early 60s (with it being designed in the mid-late 50s)

The F-5E that we are getting is a early 1970s variant that is more advanced then the earlier F-5A.

Its a Light Multirole aircraft and is competative with the Mig-21.

And its a very agile aircraft though a bit underpowered compared to other fighters.

Its only able to carry IR guided weapons (which was no real drawback when it entered service as the radar guided weapons of the time were not all that effective for fighter vs fighter combat especially not at ranges outside of where a IR guided missile could be used)

In a Open Skies scenario (high altitude with nothing to hide behind) it will have no chance against something like a F-15 or Su-27/Mig-29

But with terrain to help it get close it can be deadly as its very agile.

And also how can you say you have had never seen a F-5 =O have you not seen Topgun!!!

And if you have not seen topgun there is no saving you ^^.