When Mi-8 will come out of beta?

Belsimtek is not ED.They don't have to fix neither Multiplayer issues nor Missile performance and trakcing issues. All they should care about is their modules.

Yup, perfectly aware of that, however, still Belsimtek themselves have more and bigger fish to fry than what is basically a minor visual issue.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Mi-8 is a wonderful aircraft. If keeping it in beta stage a little while longer to fix the issues while at the same time making other great aircraft (Mig-15, Sabre, Huey). At the same time working in teams of only two or three people researching, coding, modeling AND at the same time trying to please their Russian markets and western markets. Belsimtek is doing an amazing job!

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's your choice of course, but it does deprive you of a lot of - slightly compromised admittedly - very good modules.

There is a saying in the UK - we call this kind of statement "cutting off your nose to spite your face"

If it makes sense to you to do that, then go ahead. But why do you need everyone to know? Or would you like this forum to become a second Facebook, with news from everyone every time they decide to display their teenage angst or take a crap?

If however you are trying to persuade Belsimtek of your opinions, and make them change their philosophy, then good luck with that. I bet they're really worried!!

• Like 2

They do betas for our benefit, so they can make changes and improvements based on our feedback, and so that we can use the products without having to wait absurdly long, it's a win win. Honestly I'd be upset if someone released a unit without a public beta.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

They do betas for our benefit, so they can make changes and improvements based on our feedback, and so that we can use the products without having to wait absurdly long, it's a win win. Honestly I'd be upset if someone released a unit without a public beta.

I think the beta developers depend on users' comments and constructive criticism to make the product better, much the same way a lot of USA products that hit the market, they let the consumers be the testbed for later product improvement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m little bit disappointet. I gave 49 Euros in the first hour and i never regret it. I would do it again! BST is the first choice for PC rotorheads but the hip is since 2013(!) in a beta stage.

Over to 2 years.

I searched the forum and the whole net for info but there some rumours that BST works on finalisation of their modules.

I only want to know whats planned for mi8. Are major fixes/updates even planned?

A sign of life would be really appreciative for the mi8 customers.

thanks

:matrix: =SPEED IS LIFE=:matrix:

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/speed-is-life.html

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

:D Greetings.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I don't think you should get too hung up on labels. Whether it is in Beta or not doesn't make the module any less excellent.

Of all the modules, I'd say that the Mi-8 has had a lot more updating activity over a longer period of time than any of the others too. Some changes are very subtle and passed without a great fanfare, but as you can see from the Mi-8 updates thread, a lot of changes are being added over time.

The bottom line is that there are still features that Belsimtek want to add, and so it will remain in Beta until they're satisfied with it. It is just an extremely complex helicopter, and there are a lot more systems to model than in something like the Sabre, so obviously, it needs a lot more work, and the developers have a finite resource pool, so it takes a while, that's all.

Just to add to what Neilwillis said above, I think that the Mi-8 is about the most realistic module there is to fly in DCS. Now, I qualify that remark with the fact that I am a professional helicopter pilot and have quite a bit of time in large and heavy helicopters, albeit none in the Hip. I am also a FW pilot with around 1,500 hours - all in light general aviation a/c - and about 400+ of that is in an RV-8 I used to own. My point being, I do have a vague point of reference on which to base my comments on the Mi-8 vs. the rest of the modules out there. Having never flown an A-10, a Sabre, Mustang, a Hawk or M2K, I wouldn't even pretend to know if they are realistic or not but the Hip is spot on as far as I am concerned. As with any of the modules, there are a few little warts but nothing to worry too much about. :thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A ton?

Well, to mention just one, I'm not sure if the long-missing thermal damage model is there even yet. Granted that I haven't tested her either, since she's indeed so powerful that any sensible ops won't strain her overmuch. But still...

Anyway, she is indeed great. The FM is tops, plus she's very VERY versatile as far as combat scenarios go. The best module in DCS by _far_ currently IMO!

So no wonder she's the only machine I fly nowadays... well, apart from some Albie nonsense every now and then perchance ;)

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.